Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What has happened to this forum?

I don't know Gene. In Oz the Chinese arts are not so well received or that popular. We are getting the MMA wave at the moment even though that is now attracting a great deal of bad press and several doctors speaking out against same.

I cannot really comment on the USA scene other than that witnessed here ... that being said ... What I'm seeing is not all that great. Very little real discussion, more clowns than a circus and the usual politics and rubbish that's been pedaled for years.

This would I would think, put off a lot of people who might like to contribute but fail to do so because of the above.

What's happened to the basic concept of Wude? Of simply agreeing to disagree without all the vitriol , the sniping, snide remarks?

Many talk of the heart, essence and spirit but few if any actually enact it.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    Of simply agreeing to disagree without all the vitriol , ...
    This happen in all forums. Let me just copy a short post from another forum (this post was not addressed to me but addressed to someone else). As far as I can remember, I have never used words such as "You are wrong" in any of my online discussion for the past 15 years. When someone responds with such post, it puts you in defense mode.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You are wrong! I know you think you understand ..., but you don't.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 12-20-2013 at 10:08 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    that is most certainly not the problem, you're just a wanker, go screw yourself
    Not sure if you trolling or serious

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    My e-mails to half a dozen university Professors last year heading up research projects dealing with photon manipulation have established my understanding that there is more than meets the eye. You are familiar with the "push" to produce at Bristol in England?
    For quantum computing? Are you involved, or writing about it?

I See Changes......... la dee da dee daah ah!!!!

Greetings,

The maroon borders are an improvement, as well as the increase in character size. And the darkened yellow border, too. I am down to 100 air conditioners.

Somebody has been listening!!!

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 12-21-2013 at 03:36 PM.

I also think the maroon helped a lot...I may take my coat off and stay a while...
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Does make for warm and cozy.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 12-21-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Paximus View Post
    Actually, the issue with this forum is as follows:

Scenario 1
    Scenario 2
    Scenario 3
    Which is why I've found it more enjoyable, for the past 8 years or so, to joke around!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    The place was closed so long people realised that real life is better than argueing on the internet with strangers
    What strangers? Most strangers don't last long. Those who stay long enough are no longer strangers!

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    that is most certainly not the problem, you're just a wanker, go screw yourself
    I've tried it. It isn't all its cracked up to be!

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I personally have posted less for a few reasons.
    1) Better things to do ( sacrilegious, I know).
    2) Too much of the same old BS that I am just tired of arguing about.
    3) Too much preaching to the choir at times.
    4) frustration ( which goes back to #2 I guess).

I love this forum and have come to consider many of you not only as friends but also as teachers and I am forever grateful.
    Truly.
    You are welcome! It is true I have blessed many here with my presence!

And those who have not been blessed.......well......that's just their own fault!

You can't make a purse out of a pig's ear! (And NO! I did not steal that from the greatest martial artist of the modern age! How dare anyone accuse me of such a thing!)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    In truth, we're still averaging 70+ viewers at any given moment during the day. And we still pop up on web searches whenever you're looking for almost anything Kung Fu and/or Tai Chi oriented. It's all good.

The one trend I've noticed since the update is that we seem to have more lurkers and less posters now. That's fine by me. It's the same amount of page views, which is really the bottom line on the wild wild web. And most of you don't have anything worthwhile to say anyway.

Less posters = less supervision = more time for nachos!

Edit: And for entertaining Ninjettes!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 12-21-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Which is why I've found it more enjoyable, for the past 8 years or so, to joke around!
    Humour is good. It's not easy to be a marital artist, and the humour between comrades on the path is a pretty excellent thing. But for you, and for others, like Bawang, although you raise a laugh now and then, it's not really the humour of comrades. Bawang summed it up when he/she said that he/she was just the microbes left after wushu had died: if all you have left is to jokej around, then it makes me wonder if that's because you don't feel that what you do is really of value. For me, the best jokes come from knowing that what I do, and what I pursue, is of significant value. (Not that I mind being made fun of - that's never a probem. I laugh at myself all the time - there's actually nothing funnier than trying to find out what's really what.)

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Does make for warm and cozy.
    Did you nix the post or is the forum glitchin? You gonna answer me?

Quote Originally Posted by Miqi View Post
    Humour is good. It's not easy to be a marital artist, and the humour between comrades on the path is a pretty excellent thing. But for you, and for others, like Bawang, although you raise a laugh now and then, it's not really the humour of comrades. Bawang summed it up when he/she said that he/she was just the microbes left after wushu had died: if all you have left is to jokej around, then it makes me wonder if that's because you don't feel that what you do is really of value. For me, the best jokes come from knowing that what I do, and what I pursue, is of significant value. (Not that I mind being made fun of - that's never a probem. I laugh at myself all the time - there's actually nothing funnier than trying to find out what's really what.)
    No, once the same discussions and arguments have been discussed for the 4th or 5th time it gets tedious. I've already had my serious says on most topics I'm interested in, and I've repeated my thoughts on them many times. Most of the long time members here have done the same. I have also trained and studied for so long, there is not much I long to know or learn.

This forum is simple entertainment for me most of the time now. When something interesting or new occurs I have been known to wax a bit serious, but when you agree with others who already say what you would have, why repeat what's already been said?

So, I joke around, with a hint of serious undertones at times for discerning minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    No, once the same discussions and arguments have been discussed for the 4th or 5th time it gets tedious. I've already had my serious says on most topics I'm interested in, and I've repeated my thoughts on them many times. Most of the long time members here have done the same. I have also trained and studied for so long, there is not much I long to know or learn.

This forum is simple entertainment for me most of the time now. When something interesting or new occurs I have been known to wax a bit serious, but when you agree with others who already say what you would have, why repeat what's already been said?

So, I joke around, with a hint of serious undertones at times for discerning minds.

Yeah, it seems like whenever there is a lil new blood in here, the same old topics get rehashed and somebody gets all pissy then the trolls step in to finish the job. It's a lovely formula as far as regulating is concerned. But it must look super douchey from the outside looking in, lol. Either way, I like it how it is. If you want a serious discussion, you can have it. It just seems like the only people who do want to go there are the contrarians, the silk jammie crowd and john wang with his scenarios in C++.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Yeah, it seems like whenever there is a lil new blood in here, the same old topics get rehashed and somebody gets all pissy then the trolls step in to finish the job. It's a lovely formula as far as regulating is concerned. But it must look super douchey from the outside looking in, lol. Either way, I like it how it is. If you want a serious discussion, you can have it. It just seems like the only people who do want to go there are the contrarians, the silk jammie crowd and john wang with his scenarios in C++.
    Sometimes "old-timers" forget what it was like to be a newbie and their patience wears thin. Issues that have been settled for them about MA and Kung Fu are new discoveries/realizations for others. Some decorum gets lost as a consequence. I see, understand and accept both perspectives for what they are.

It won't change, it just is what it is!

"wu de"

translation: Protecting the delicate internet decorum sensibilities of shrill, feeble, man sized vaginas.

If your kung fu ego is so precious that it can't handle a little trolling now and then maybe your weak ass should do kung fu a favor and fucking give it up.

"wu de"

translation: Protecting the delicate internet decorum sensibilities of shrill, feeble, man sized vaginas.

If your kung fu ego is so precious that it can't handle a little trolling now and then maybe your weak ass should do kung fu a favor and ****ing give it up.
    Lol! I guess that's one way of looking at it but I don't think it's the right way nor true to the concept of same within Gongfu ... just sayin!

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way