Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What has happened to this forum?

Blog Entries

What has happened to this forum?

The new threads are boring. No depth level discussion any more. Have we run out of meaningful discussion subjects?
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    The new threads are boring. No depth level discussion any more. Have we run out of meaningful discussion subjects?
    Everybody is shopping for the holidays next week.

Me working on some new manuscripts.

---

Greetings,

It is the new color scheme of the forum. As Gene wrote earlier, it is colder. For me, it goes much beyond that. It is like being in a room with one thousand air conditioners on full blast.

mickey

Don't like the new forum layout either. Readability on the previous one was better for me, so I don't put as much effort in looking around now.

Perhaps its a reflection of the state of the martial arts?

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Blog Entries
    In another forum, someone started a thread with a clip. I asked what did he want to discuss. He said that he didn't want to discuss anything, but to show that clip and hope that someone will be interested in it. I assume the same thing also happen to other forums. May be all the subjects that are worthwhile to discuss has been discussed.

How many times do we have to re-visit:

- The difference between TCMA and MMA?
    - Is BJJ good for street fight?
    - Personal weight training program?
    - Should one cross train?
    - What's the best cross training systems?
    - Self-defense vs. sport?
    - What's the purpose of the form?
    - Which WC system is the best?
    - Should a Taiji guy lean?
    - Does Aikido work?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 12-19-2013 at 11:58 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    In another forum, someone started a thread with a clip. I asked what did he want to discuss. He said that he didn't want to discuss anything, but to show that clip and hope that someone will be interested in it. I assume the same thing also happen to other forums. May be all the subjects that are worthwhile to discuss has been discussed.

How many times do we have to re-visit:

- The difference between TCMA and MMA?
    - Is BJJ good for street fight?
    - Personal weight training program?
    - Should one cross train?
    - What's the best cross training systems?
    - Self-defense vs. sport?
    - What's the purpose of the form?
    - Which WC system is the best?
    - Should a Taiji guy lean?
    - Does Aikido work?
    Actually, the issue with this forum is as follows:

Scenario 1

New Poster: Hey guys! I just started "___________" Kung Fu and I'm so glad to be here to discuss Kung Fu with other Kung Fu Bros!
    The Usual Suspects: "_________" Kung Fu? Never heard of it, it is obviously fake and you are fake and you are dumb please leave
    New Poster: But... but... Kung fu?
    TUS: Tits or GTFO

Scenario 2

New/regular poster: Hey guys, check out this vid of me doing this form/sparring/practicing it's a little rough but it shows what I'm working on

TUS: Your form is wrong, whoever taught it to you is wrong and should die / you spar like a 12 year old blind girl, you would die in a fight

New/Regular Poster: Well I don't see how the form is wrong i've seen tons of people doing it this way / I think I was sparring pretty good, the guy was also good

TUS: No you suck and Kung Fu is not for you

Scenario 3
    New Poster/Regular Poster: Hey guys, look at this set and applications let's discuss

TUS: Kung Fu is useless in real life even though this is a kung fu forum and we also train kung fu but we know it's just for fun and getting to wear silky suits, we train in BJJ and boxing for our real fighting. Your life is a lie please leave.

That's why this forum is mostly dead. But hey, at least that hot chicks with swords thread still exists. Until you guys stop letting these detractors rule this place, you're never going to get back to meaningful kung fu/taiji/whatever discussion here.

I'd say it is indeed to new format, not as warm, actually harder to read, and I guess anything new = harder to function....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

The place was closed so long people realised that real life is better than argueing on the internet with strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    The place was closed so ling people realised that real life is better than argueing on the internet with strangers
    It is not!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Way funny but true

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Paximus View Post
    Actually, the issue with this forum is as follows:

Scenario 1

New Poster: Hey guys! I just started "___________" Kung Fu and I'm so glad to be here to discuss Kung Fu with other Kung Fu Bros!
    The Usual Suspects: "_________" Kung Fu? Never heard of it, it is obviously fake and you are fake and you are dumb please leave
    New Poster: But... but... Kung fu?
    TUS: Tits or GTFO

Scenario 2

New/regular poster: Hey guys, check out this vid of me doing this form/sparring/practicing it's a little rough but it shows what I'm working on

TUS: Your form is wrong, whoever taught it to you is wrong and should die / you spar like a 12 year old blind girl, you would die in a fight

New/Regular Poster: Well I don't see how the form is wrong i've seen tons of people doing it this way / I think I was sparring pretty good, the guy was also good

TUS: No you suck and Kung Fu is not for you

Scenario 3
    New Poster/Regular Poster: Hey guys, look at this set and applications let's discuss

TUS: Kung Fu is useless in real life even though this is a kung fu forum and we also train kung fu but we know it's just for fun and getting to wear silky suits, we train in BJJ and boxing for our real fighting. Your life is a lie please leave.

That's why this forum is mostly dead. But hey, at least that hot chicks with swords thread still exists. Until you guys stop letting these detractors rule this place, you're never going to get back to meaningful kung fu/taiji/whatever discussion here.
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

The problem is rudeness of some people.when you open make effort and open a topic or ask something they will tell you check old threads or tell you that doesn't make sense.
    There is much to do if they stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    The problem is rudeness of some people.
    that is most certainly not the problem, you're just a wanker, go screw yourself
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I personally have posted less for a few reasons.
    1) Better things to do ( sacrilegious, I know).
    2) Too much of the same old BS that I am just tired of arguing about.
    3) Too much preaching to the choir at times.
    4) frustration ( which goes back to #2 I guess).

I love this forum and have come to consider many of you not only as friends but also as teachers and I am forever grateful.
    Truly.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I personally have posted less for a few reasons.
    1) Better things to do ( sacrilegious, I know).
    2) Too much of the same old BS that I am just tired of arguing about.
    3) Too much preaching to the choir at times.
    4) frustration ( which goes back to #2 I guess).

I love this forum and have come to consider many of you not only as friends but also as teachers and I am forever grateful.
    Truly.
    +++++++++1
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.