Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What has happened to this forum?

The most notable thing is that I see just a small hand full of the same names that are always ready to inject their opinions into everything. for a forum with so many members only a tiny hand full take part. Most of these are the ones that can speak of just about every fighting system ever though up. Google I think should be thanked for that. As long as these conditions continue, It will always be like this. People with real experience and ideas are afraid to join in because of this small band of bullies, who seem to spend most of their free time here or on a bunch of other forums doing the same things there.
    Well written! Thank you ................

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I don't come here as often as I used to. I spent about 5 and a half months trying to die in the VA Hospital. Just now trying to get it back together. The first thing I seen was a repeat of an old thread that had played out several times already. The most notable thing is that I see just a small hand full of the same names that are always ready to inject their opinions into everything. for a forum with so many members only a tiny hand full take part. Most of these are the ones that can speak of just about every fighting system ever though up. Google I think should be thanked for that. As long as these conditions continue, It will always be like this. People with real experience and ideas are afraid to join in because of this small band of bullies, who seem to spend most of their free time here or on a bunch of other forums doing the same things there.
    Bullies? Really?
    Why would someone with experience be afraid? What is there to be afraid of? If new data is presented, it behooves anyone to review what they hold onto and consider it's validity. Discussion isn't about making a statement and having everyone nod in agreement. I find that some of the greatest lessons in life will come out of realization and realization is generally along the lines of "I was wrong!" and almost never "I was right".

Discuss instead of bicker. If someone gives you a piece of shyte, hand it back to them. Nothing wrong with arguing and always good to keep in mind that when speaking of intangibles that one can only claim personal experience an belief and not verified truth. Two very different things. The very best leaders spend a lot of time learning to follow.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I don't come here as often as I used to. I spent about 5 and a half months trying to die in the VA Hospital. Just now trying to get it back together. The first thing I seen was a repeat of an old thread that had played out several times already. The most notable thing is that I see just a small hand full of the same names that are always ready to inject their opinions into everything. for a forum with so many members only a tiny hand full take part. Most of these are the ones that can speak of just about every fighting system ever though up. Google I think should be thanked for that. As long as these conditions continue, It will always be like this. People with real experience and ideas are afraid to join in because of this small band of bullies, who seem to spend most of their free time here or on a bunch of other forums doing the same things there.
    I, for one, have always appreciated your contributions!

Many MAist just tend to have more aggressive personalities than perhaps non-MAists.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Bullies? Really?
    Why would someone with experience be afraid? What is there to be afraid of? If new data is presented, it behooves anyone to review what they hold onto and consider it's validity. Discussion isn't about making a statement and having everyone nod in agreement. I find that some of the greatest lessons in life will come out of realization and realization is generally along the lines of "I was wrong!" and almost never "I was right".

Discuss instead of bicker. If someone gives you a piece of shyte, hand it back to them. Nothing wrong with arguing and always good to keep in mind that when speaking of intangibles that one can only claim personal experience an belief and not verified truth. Two very different things. The very best leaders spend a lot of time learning to follow.
    You BULLY!!!!!!

Do you treat your Canadadian veterans as poorly as you treat our GREAT American veterans. Didn't you just read that he was ill for over 5 month?!

Try being a bit more gracious or us imperialist Americaneians may just have to invade Canadiland and teach you some manners from the end of a cranes beak or snakes fangs!!

Try being a bit more gracious or us imperialist Americaneians may just have to invade Canadiland and teach you some manners from the end of a cranes beak or snakes fangs!!
    Ohhhhh, can I bring my numb-chucks and ninja stars…PLEASE??? Wait, I think I also have a taoist charm or two lying around. Yeah, that should do it. Now where did I leave those tabby boots…bwaaahahahahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    Ohhhhh, can I bring my numb-chucks and ninja stars…PLEASE??? Wait, I think I also have a taoist charm or two lying around. Yeah, that should do it. Now where did I leave those tabby boots…bwaaahahahahahahaha!
    Only if you make that cat-like OOOOOOooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwah, you are famous for, right before you strike a pose!

And move your hands in that weird slow motion where it like makes trails as your hands move in circles!!!

That is really cool!

I think we could defeat anyone. We would be like, invisible, or something like that.
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 01-08-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Obviously ninjas do Kung fu. You are messing with the validity of history how dare you

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Only if you make that cat-like OOOOOOooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwah, you are famous for, right before you strike a pose!

And move your hands in that weird slow motion where it like makes trails as your hands move in circles!!!

That is really cool!

I think we could defeat anyone. We would be like, invisible, or something like that.

Well, a cat-like OOOOOOooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwah is my trademark, so you know I'll bring that kind of power to the fight.

It saddens me to report that I haven't mastered the slow motion acid hands technique yet, so we might not be able to achieve invisibility. I think it's time for me to visit the great kung fu master living in a cave high up on mount LARP. When I return in two weeks I shall be completely invincible and then we can start our war campaign.

In the meantime, while we wait for me to become invincible, we could get our white belt minions to air drop a few dozen pallets of Molson on our enemy which should serve as an adequate distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    Obviously ninjas do Kung fu. You are messing with the validity of history how dare you
    Shhhhhh! Disinformation was our most powerful weapon. Now you went and did it. Lets just hope the enemy gets too drunk on the air dropped Molsons to read this post.

Shhhhhh! Disinformation was our most powerful weapon. Now you went and did it. Lets just hope the enemy gets too drunk on the air dropped Molsons to read this post.
    Should have dropped some sake bombs, see what I did there?

Should have dropped some sake bombs, see what I did there?
    Hahaha! I had to look up what a sake bomb was.

ninja sake bombs

Obviously.

Hahaha! I had to look up what a sake bomb was.
    Obviously your ninja-fu is lacking.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Obviously your ninja-fu is lacking.
    I plead tighty whity.

I plead tighty whity.
    Name:  Birdman-2.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  84.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Name:  Birdman-2.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  84.4 KB
    Seriously dude, you have got to stop skipping legs day.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Seriously dude, you have got to stop skipping legs day.
    I treat my legs like I treat my girlfriends.

Ignore them until they disappear.

#broscience