Thread: Bak Mei in Texas

Bak Mei in Texas

Hello all,

I live in Houston and I have been searching for Bak Mei for a long time here with no luck. Is there anyone teaching in Texas, or the surrounding areas? I'm willing to travel at this point, but would like to search in state before I decide to start flying around the world. When I was a young teenager I had a meditation teacher who was learning Bak mei from someone in Houston, but I am no longer in contact with that person. Because of this I am relatively sure there is someone in Houston who teaches, but I have no leads!

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

My brother lives in Houston, and I've searched for Pak Mei brothers there unsuccessfully on repeated visits. Henry Poo Yee Southern Praying Mantis is the closest I could find. If you have any success, please let me know.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

There is bak mei from one to two sources in Houston. The problem is they aren't open ( I met them through one of my old teachers). One guy I know does have association with Poo Yee's school (learned southern mantis from Poo Yee as well). I would contact them and see if they can give you a introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by htowndragon View Post
    There is bak mei from one to two sources in Houston. The problem is they aren't open ( I met them through one of my old teachers). One guy I know does have association with Poo Yee's school (learned southern mantis from Poo Yee as well). I would contact them and see if they can give you a introduction.
    Hey HTD, I would likewise like to know if there are any brothers in Houston, I still get into town once every year or two. Thanks again for putting me onto Yee Sifu a few years back.
    Cheers
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia