Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is internal training ?

Blog Entries
    Some people just try to make thing unnecessary complicate.

http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

@ Miqi-

Hey, yeah, what's funny is we will be talking in circles if we keep at this. I think we are actually expressing some of the same ideas. I agree with what you say about exercises un-locking people's natural skill, that's a good way to put it. I think I was trying to say the same thing by saying I didn't understand how someone could "believe" or "not believe" in exercise.

Also I do not have any videos of myself at the moment, I do not have the technology for it, personally.

And as I am someone who has trained under different teachers and systems what I was saying was, cross training can be beneficial, I know it has been to me.

Have a good day!

Quote Originally Posted by MarathonTmatt View Post
    @ Miqi-

Hey, yeah, what's funny is we will be talking in circles if we keep at this. I think we are actually expressing some of the same ideas. I agree with what you say about exercises un-locking people's natural skill, that's a good way to put it. I think I was trying to say the same thing by saying I didn't understand how someone could "believe" or "not believe" in exercise.

Also I do not have any videos of myself at the moment, I do not have the technology for it, personally.

And as I am someone who has trained under different teachers and systems what I was saying was, cross training can be beneficial, I know it has been to me.

Have a good day!
    Hi MarathonTmatt,
    People trap themselves in those circular arguments very deliberately. It's a sad fact, but very few people actually reach the point of wanting to escape them.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Some people just try to make thing unnecessary complicate.

In network theory, there is an idea that because groups and cultures tend towards a sclerotic acceptance of tradition and dogma, new ideas, new insights and progress, tend to come from temporary, chance or occasional encounters with external groups or people, who aren't captured in the sclerotic group-think. This weird thing some people seem to do in China of faking being moved back may be a cultural thing, but it just goes to highlight the great benefit of not being a part of that group-think. The difficulty is in knowing how much of the cultural frame to keep, because it actually is useful, or because there are no equivalent terms in your culture, and how much to abandon. My solution is usually to see things as principles, and then take them to higher levels of expression - for instance, respect doesn't have to be like this. It can be honest.