Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fists of Shaolin Temple - Korean Reality TV show

Fists of Shaolin Temple - Korean Reality TV show

This raises more questions for me than it answers. I'm painfully naive to the world of K-pop.
    EXO's Tao is reviewing offer to be in new martial arts variety program 'Kim Byung Man's Shaolin Clenched Fists'
    December 24, 2013 @ 2:08 am
    by alim17

On December 23, it was revealed that EXO's Tao was currently reviewing an offer to appear in a new SBS variety program 'Kim Byung Man's Shaolin Clenched Fists,' which will have a special New Year's pilot episode.

A rep from the production team told TV Report, "We will be heading to film at Shaolin Temple in China for four nights and five days from January 1 to 5."

Three to four members, including the comedian Kim Byung Man, will be heading there for filming due to their mutual interest in the martial arts. Among these participants, the name of EXO's Tao came up.

A rep from SM Entertainment addressed this: "It is true that Tao has received an offer to be on the program and he is currently reviewing it." Tao had become known for his expert martial arts skills as he had perfected his wu shu over the span of eleven years. You may be able to see him demonstrate some of these moves if he decides to appear on the show!

Stay tuned for updates on this new variety program and the possible addition of Tao to the cast!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Clenched Fists in Shaolin Temple

Does anyone here know enough about K-pop to understand what this is about? If so, please explain.
    Team of ‘Clenched Fists in Shaolin Temple’ Depart to Chinese Shaolin Temple
    bnt newsbnt news – 14 hours ago

[by Chloe Yun / photo by Kim Gang Yoo] On January 1 the cast and crew of ‘Clenched Fists in Shaolin Temple’ showed up at Incheon International Airport on their way to China.

Meanwhile, SBS’ special reality show, ‘Clenched Fists in Shaolin Temple,’ starring Comedian Kim Byung Man, Yook Joong Wan of Rose Motel, Dong Jun of ZE:A, Niel of Teen Top, and Jang Woo Hyuk, depicts five days of the celebrities’ life in Shaolin Temple as they learn the culture and martial arts. (photo by bntnews DB)

For more: bntnews.co.uk
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I'm painfully naive to the world of K-pop.
    Painfully? Anyone on this board who can provide clarification to this topic needs to be K-pop'd upside the head.

However, I'm escaping China for the CNY, fleeing to a ski resort in Korea. I'll spend a couple days in Seoul and maybe see what's going on down in the Gangnam District. Op, op, op, op!

Fists of Shaolin Temple - Korean Reality TV show

I thought we had a thread on this somewhere but couldn't find it on a search. Perhaps the title was translated differently.

Miss A Member Fei to Appear in Popular Reality Show 'Fists of Shaolin Temple'

By Ilin Mathew
    | Updated: August 4, 2015 10:07 IST

Miss A member Fei will learn martial arts for popular reality show 'Fists of Shaolin Temple'.Twitter/Fei

Miss A member Wang Feifei, who is popularly known as Fei, will reportedly appear in the female version of Korean reality show "Fists of Shaolin Temple".

The television programme focuses on the various challenges faced by the cast members, while learning martial arts in Shaolin Temple, China.

Other celebrities to be part of the show are "An Angel's Choice" actress Choi Jung Yoon, After School member Uee and Goo Hara of "City Hunter" fame, according to Soompi.

The 28-year-old singer is titled as "Variety Blue Chip" due the popularity she gained through several reality shows. She was a winner of "Dancing with the Stars 3" and a runners up in "Master Chef Korea Celebrity".

Fei was also part of dating programme "If You Love", KBS show "Real Experience! Embrace the World", SBS' "Running Man", HBS programmes "Perhaps Love", "I'm Legend" and "Laugh Out Loud" as well as KBS' "Happy Together 3".

The celeb has even portrayed her acting skills through KBS' "Dream High", SBS series "Temptation and web drama "Swan".

Meanwhile, the latest male version of "Fists of Shaolin Temple" stars CNLBUE member Lee Jung Shin, Kim Byung Man, Park Chul Min, Kim Poong, Yook Joong Wan and On Joo Wan.
    Article Published: August 4, 2015 10:07 IST
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Found it!

As I suspected, it was a translation issue with the title. I've merged the post above with this ongoing thread.

UEE to appear in female edition of 'Shaolin Clenched Fists'
    July 29, 2015 @ 11:36 am
    by alim17

After the completion of her drama, 'High Society,' UEE is going to move onto variety!

Pledis Entertainment stated on July 29, "UEE is confirmed to appear in the female edition of 'Shaolin Clenched Fists.' The date for her to leave the country has not yet been decided on."

The SBS variety show centers on Kim Byung Man and a group of celebrities going to the Shaolin Temple to train themselves in martial arts. In this female edition, six female celebrities, including UEE, will be taking part!

Get excited to see a kick-ass UEE!
    ...and I would totally watch this season. Female K-pop stars? Oh yeah!!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

i confess...

...i would totally watch this show if it becomes available in the U.S.

UEE, Fei, Hara, and others confirmed for female version of martial arts variety 'Shaolin Clenched Fists'!
    August 13, 2015 @ 12:36 pm
    by jubilantj

The casting for SBS's upcoming martial arts variety 'Shaolin Clenched Fists' has recently been confirmed!

After existing cast members Kim Byung Man and Yook Joong Wan have been selected as the guides for the third trek to a shaolin monastery, the female cast was confirmed to include actresses Choi Jung Yoon, Ha Jae Sook, Im Soo Hyang, Hara, UEE, Fei, and Oh Jung Yeon, who has a background as an announcer. UEE was previously reported to appear on the show.

This female edition of 'Shaolin Clenched Fists' won't take place at the north shaolin temple located in Mount Song, which was used for the original male version of the show; instead, it will take place at a southern shaolin temple in Fujian's Quanzhou Province. The members will enter the temple as disciples and attempt to master the martial arts via training methods that were passed down through the ages.

The female team will depart this coming August 17 for the Quanzhou south temple and begin their action-packed martial arts challenge!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Can't find the full show for last year either

...i would totally watch this show if it becomes available in the U.S.
    Last year show is not available either, this is what I found in YouTube :

Thanks for that, donnyir. At least it's something.

Maybe crunchyroll or asian crush will pick it up.

Here's a little more.

UEE opens up about her worries on 'Fists of Shaolin Temple'
    October 18, 2015 @ 10:21 am

by elliefilet 71 18 87874624

After School's UEE opened up about her worries on the latest episode of 'Fists of Shaolin Temple'.

The reboot of the reality show features an all-female cast, which includes miss A's Fei, Choi Jung Yoon, Lim Soo Hyang, KARA's Hara, Ha Jae Sook, and Oh Jung Yeon, and it seems UEE was a little worried about keeping up with the rest of her cast members when it came to learning martial arts.

She was questioned about her recent weight loss, and UEE replied, "I worried a lot because I thought I wasn't in good enough condition for this show. I'm eating a lot before we head over there." UEE added, "I want to train my body before I go to China... If I fail, I have to do it until I succeed. I don't want to give up."

How do you think UEE will do on the show?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Clearly that guy has waaaaay to much hair on his head to be convincing as a shaolin novice who would naturally be as bald as grampa by the time he's got that grey set of rags draped over him.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Wait...who says Shaolin novices can't have long hair?

Check out Goo Hara.

KARA's Goo Hara Brightens Up The Shaolin Temple
    By Jackie Chung | October 15, 2015 08:43 PM EDT

(Photo : Photo Courtesy of Hara's Twitter)

KARA's member Goo Hara encouraged her fans to watch SBS "Fists Of Shaolin Temple" while on set.

On Thursday, October 15th, Goo uploaded a selfie of herself on set while wearing a yellow robe

"'Fists of Shaolin Temple!' October 17th, Saturday at 6:25PM! Don't miss it," posted Goo on her Twitter promoting the show.

"Fists of Shaolin Temple" will air its first episode this Saturday.
    Posted : 2015-10-18 15:52
    Updated : 2015-10-18 15:52
    KARA singer 'kung fu prodigy'

Gu Ha-ra from KBS's "Sorimsa" / Courtesy of KBS

Singer Gu Ha-ra has marked herself as a potential shaolin kung fu prodigy on a reality TV show.

On the show, she mesmerized competitors and viewers with her outstanding martial art skills.

The singer from girl band KARA showed off her ability in the traditional Chinese martial art of kung fu on KBS's "Sorimsa" on Saturday.

The star, 24, and six other female celebrities tried to follow the regimental training undergone by kung fu apprentices from the Southern Shaolin Monastery in Fujian Province, China.

The program showed Gu preparing herself for the martial art challenge, chiseling her body at a fitness center over the past four years.

The star showed her lean yet muscular physique as she did sit-ups and pilates moves with help from her trainer.

Gu, who debuted with the band in 2008, previously showed her athleticism in a celebrity sport competition in February by winning a preliminary 60-meter sprint.

This earned her the nickname "Gusain Bold."

aoshima11@ktimes.com,
    Actually, there is an ascetic practice among Chan initiates where they don't cut their hair for a year. One of the Shaolin wuseng I know is doing that right now and he hates it. I think he gets to shave again in a few months. I know he's been counting the days.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Man, all this K-pop buzz is really making me want to see this...

...and I'm so naive to K-pop that I have no idea who any of these people are.

miss A's Fei talks about the pressure she feels on 'Fists of Shaolin Temple'
    October 17, 2015 @ 10:52 am

by elliefilet

miss A's Fei talked about the pressure she feels as a Chinese person on 'Fists of Shaolin Temple'.

This new reboot of the reality show features an all-female cast who go to a Shaolin temple in China to learn martial arts. Fei said, "I feel a sense of duty as well as pressure as a Chinese person. I'm going to try to endure the training and go until the end."

The miss A member added, "I learned dance since I was in elementary school." Her fellow cast members had only praise for her as well, saying, "I felt like I was seeing something beautiful," "She could've been in a Chinese movie," and more.

Are you watching 'Fists of Shaolin Temple'?
    Maybe I should change the title of this thread from 'Shaolin Clenched Fists - Korean Reality TV show' to 'Fists of Shaolin Temple'?

KARA's Goo Hara Shows Off Martial Arts Skills On 'Fists of Shaolin Temple'
    By Mickey Jamias | October 21, 2015 10:41 AM EDT

(Photo : Photo Courtesy of Hara's Twitter)

KARA member and solo artist Goo Hara may look like a prim princess, but she can strike quite a killer kung fu form.
    Hara recently impressed viewers with her martial arts prowess in the first episode of SBS reality show Fists of Shaolin Temple that aired last Saturday, reports The Korea Times.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Cool Videos are better than pictures

donnyir FTW!!

Thanks for that. I found more following your link.

I wish they'd stick to one title translation or the other as I just changed the thread title.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

KARA's Hara's 50 push-ups

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I wouldn't call it push up

KARA's Hara FTW!