Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wonder Woman

WTH Cameron?

I stand with Lynda. She's had me lasso-ed for 40+ years...

September 28, 2017 4:22pm PT by Aaron Couch
    Lynda Carter Wants James Cameron to "Stop Dissing" 'Wonder Woman'

Getty Images
    Lynda Carter (left) and James Cameron

"Perhaps you do not understand the character. I most certainly do," Carter wrote after the director doubled down on comments he previously made about the film.

Wonder Woman herself isn't happy with comments James Cameron has made about the hit movie about the DC superhero.

Lynda Carter, who played the character in the 1970s TV show, shared a post on Facebook Thursday after a The Hollywood Reporter cover story featured Cameron doubling down on a previous critique he made of this summer's Wonder Woman.

"To James Cameron -STOP dissing WW: You poor soul. Perhaps you do not understand the character. I most certainly do," Carter wrote. "Like all women--we are more than the sum of our parts. Your thuggish jabs at a brilliant director, Patty Jenkins, are ill advised. This movie was spot on. Gal Gadot was great. I know, Mr. Cameron--I have embodied this character for more than 40 years. So--STOP IT."

Here's a quick refresher course on Cameron v. Wonder Woman:

In August, Cameron sparked a controversy after he called Wonder Woman "a step backwards." He said in interview with The Guardian, "All of the self-congratulatory back-patting Hollywood’s been doing over Wonder Woman has been so misguided. … She’s an objectified icon, and it’s just male Hollywood doing the same old thing!"

He pointed to his Terminator protagonist Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) as an example of what a strong female protagonist could be.

Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins responded soon after those August comments were published by tweeting, "If women have to always be hard, tough and troubled to be strong, and we aren't free to be multidimensional or celebrate an icon of women everywhere because she is attractive and loving, then we haven't come very far have we[?]"

Cameron explained his comments further in this week's THR cover story.

"Yes, I'll stand by that," Cameron told THR's Kim Masters of the original interview. "I mean, she was Miss Israel, and she was wearing a kind of bustier costume that was very form-fitting. She’s absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. To me, that’s not breaking ground. They had Raquel Welch doing stuff like that in the ’60s."

He added, "as much as I applaud Patty directing the film and Hollywood, uh, 'letting' a woman direct a major action franchise, I didn't think there was anything groundbreaking in Wonder Woman. I thought it was a good film. Period."

Carter has been a strong advocate for Wonder Woman and its star, Gal Gadot. Read Cameron's full comments to THR here.

Lynda Carter
    17 hours ago

To James Cameron -STOP dissing WW: You poor soul. Perhaps you do not understand the character. I most certainly do. Like all women--we are more than the sum of our parts. Your thuggish jabs at a brilliant director, Patty Jenkins, are ill advised. This movie was spot on. Gal Gadot was great. I know, Mr. Cameron--because I have embodied this character for more than 40 years. So--STOP IT.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Funny that James Cameron says that Wonder Woman/Gal Gadot is too attractive for the role of a heroine. Meanwhile, the male actors that play Superman, Thor, etc., all have the lean muscles, abs and overall looks that all the women go ga-ga for. Talk about objectifying. Yet Cameron thinks it's a step backwards for Wonder Woman to be physically attractive. What an idiot. Maybe he should go back to deep-sea exploration.

The thing about the Wonder Woman movie is that they purposely made her outfit LESS revealing and 'suggestive' than the original one.

Edit to add:

James Cameron is probably jealous that Wonder Woman wasn't directed by himself.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 09-29-2017 at 10:36 AM.

Like I said, I stand with Lynda.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    James Cameron is probably jealous that Wonder Woman wasn't directed by himself.
    It looks like Gal will have the last laugh.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Tomorrow!

El Rey Network
    ‏Verified account

@Elreynetwork
    9h9 hours ago
    TOMORROW! Danny Trejo & the builders bring Wonder Woman's Shield to life! Catch the all-new Man At Arms: Art Of War WEDNESDAY 9p ET on @ElReyNetwork! #dannytrejo #manatarms #weapons #wonderwoman #deathstroke #justiceleague #action #movies #tv #elreyallday @officialdannyt
    THREADS:
    Man at Arms: Art of War - Original Series from EL REY Network
    Wonder Woman
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips