Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ufc 168

Ufc 168

So that looks to be the end of Anderson's career. Crap that it would end this way.

It had to end somehow, someway.
    Nobody gets to stay at the top Nobody.
    He went out all crunchy that's all.
    God speed Anderson!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

He had a great run....
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Wishing him the best in his recovery.

Fighting careers rarely end 'ideally', with one last victory and a speech to cap it off. Regardless, any fighter will be hard-pressed to equal his accomplishments.

Its not about ending on top, or even on a high note. Its about, at the very least, walking out of the cage on your own feet. Just because someone fights to make their pay check, doesn't mean its not a shame when its possible he may never be able to walk the same again. Let alone fight. I don't think people realize how significant of an injury this is. A break like this, can literally cost you your leg.

The very nature of full contact is FULL CONTACT and all that comes with it.
    Injuries are part of the game.
    The human body is very resilient and at the same time, very fragile. It's a fine line.
    The shin break is actually pretty common and not just in MA.
    The issue about the the low kick has always been the angle of impact and when the angle is off and impact is made with the flat of the shin and not the edge, a break can happen far easier than many realize.

Such is life in sports combat.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Sorry I missed it live

I was invited to a viewing party but went to see The Hobbit instead (should have been called the Desolation of Tolkien). That was regrettable in every way.

Saw the highlights the next morning. The general press coverage, what little there is of it, comes off negative for UFC, not only because of the graphic gruesomeness of the break, but Rousey's villainess role. Actually, that could play to UFC's advantage. They've been pushing Rousey to be their new babe, but as a villainess, she might have more potential. Everyone loves a good villainess.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The very nature of full contact is FULL CONTACT and all that comes with it.
    Injuries are part of the game.
    The human body is very resilient and at the same time, very fragile. It's a fine line.
    The shin break is actually pretty common and not just in MA.
    The issue about the the low kick has always been the angle of impact and when the angle is off and impact is made with the flat of the shin and not the edge, a break can happen far easier than many realize.

Such is life in sports combat.
    Internal hemorrhaging associated with bone fracture can be quite severe. Additionally, this was complete break of 2 bones (tib/fib). With his foot flopping around, that was 4 sharp edges that were slicing through whatever they happened to grind against. This can tear blood vessels, sever nerves and do further tissue trauma. Bone fragments can puncture vasculature. More complication arises when muscles contract against the now broken long bones, pulling the lower limb up into the proximal range of the break. All of this, in addition to the issues already stated, can lead to severe swelling in an isolated compartment of the body, further cutting off blood and nerve function (ie compartment syndrome).

Commonality, does not limit severity. In every occurrence, it is considered a medical emergency.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Internal hemorrhaging associated with bone fracture can be quite severe. Additionally, this was complete break of 2 bones (tib/fib). With his foot flopping around, that was 4 sharp edges that were slicing through whatever they happened to grind against. This can tear blood vessels, sever nerves and do further tissue trauma. Bone fragments can puncture vasculature. More complication arises when muscles contract against the now broken long bones, pulling the lower limb up into the proximal range of the break. All of this, in addition to the issues already stated, can lead to severe swelling in an isolated compartment of the body, further cutting off blood and nerve function (ie compartment syndrome).

Commonality, does not limit severity. In every occurrence, it is considered a medical emergency.
    Something (injuries) that every fighter is aware off.
    Comes with the territory.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I was invited to a viewing party but went to see The Hobbit instead (should have been called the Desolation of Tolkien). That was regrettable in every way.

Saw the highlights the next morning. The general press coverage, what little there is of it, comes off negative for UFC, not only because of the graphic gruesomeness of the break, but Rousey's villainess role. Actually, that could play to UFC's advantage. They've been pushing Rousey to be their new babe, but as a villainess, she might have more potential. Everyone loves a good villainess.
    Rousey basically admitted to that role in the post fight presser. At least that's what I took away from her comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    point sparring is a great way to train

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    Rousey basically admitted to that role in the post fight presser. At least that's what I took away from her comments.
    She's frontin'. Straight up. Great fight though. I'm glad she won. Don't want to see Tate champ. Anyone think McMann or Zingano will beat her? They're both good, but I dunno.

Rousey is the 1st U.S. female to win an Olympic GOLD in Judo

That's Olympic Judo, not BJJ. Surely, she's a force to be reckoned with. I look forward to watching her career progress.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    That's Olympic Judo, not BJJ. Surely, she's a force to be reckoned with. I look forward to watching her career progress.
    really when did she win that.....i mean i know she has a bronze medal and all that when did she find time to win the gold as well???

Bang up reporting there way to get the facts right

You're right, Frost. I stand corrected.

Rousey is the 1st U.S. female to win an Olympic medal in Judo period.

I may have started my NYE festivities a little early this year.

Next up for Rousey - 2004 Olympic freestyle wrestling silver medalist Sara McMann. Gotta hand it to UFC. That's a very interesting pairing. Olympiad vs. Olympiad.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

If McMann wins, it will be by holding her down and pounding her out. If she can neutralize the judo/bjj and stay on top, she can do it. They are both really strong. Neither has a very good stand up game, but Rousey is better on her feet. I think Rousey will be better in the clinch. But who knows. Can't wait to see.