Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ufc 168

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    If McMann wins, it will be by holding her down and pounding her out. If she can neutralize the judo/bjj and stay on top, she can do it. They are both really strong. Neither has a very good stand up game, but Rousey is better on her feet. I think Rousey will be better in the clinch. But who knows. Can't wait to see.
    Rousey is about 27 and McMann is about 33. That might be an edge for Rousey.

McMann is the first opponent who will have a pedigree and background anywhere approaching Rousey's. McMann started wrestling in high school, and made it to the Olympics, where she took a silver.

It should be a very good match.

Ronda Rousey X Meisha Tate GIFs

I made 10 GIFs from Round 1 of Ronda Rousey vs Meisha Tate.

Enjoy!

--------------

Rd 1 Pt 1

3 more GIF's here:

http://www.stickgrappler.net/2013/12...e-rd-1_31.html

-------

Rd 1 Pt 2

3 more GIF's here:

http://www.stickgrappler.net/2013/12...rd-1_5494.html

--------

Rd 2 Part 1

4 more here:

http://www.stickgrappler.net/2013/12...1-ufc-168.html

--------------

Rd 2 Pt 2

5 more here

http://www.stickgrappler.net/2013/12...2-ufc-168.html

-----------

Rd 3

3 more here:

http://www.stickgrappler.net/2013/12...da-rousey.html

Enjoy!

***** WARNING!!! GRAPHIC PICTURE INCLUDED IN LINK!!! *****

***** WARNING!!! GRAPHIC PICTURE INCLUDED IN LINK!!! *****

4 more GIFs here:

http://www.stickgrappler.net/2013/12...va-ii-ufc.html

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by RickMatz View Post
    Rousey is about 27 and McMann is about 33. That might be an edge for Rousey.

McMann is the first opponent who will have a pedigree and background anywhere approaching Rousey's. McMann started wrestling in high school, and made it to the Olympics, where she took a silver.

It should be a very good match.
    They should just eliminate the arm bars, and let then really fight. Who " wants to watch two people rolling around until one gets an arm bar . -boring.

RR is 8-0 and SM is 7-0, have to check their records, but think RR had slightly higher-caliber opponents? Haven't seen SM fight, but excited by the idea of Olympian Judoka vs Olympian Wrestler

Always wondered what would happen if Randy Couture fought an Olympian Judoka... although Randy wasn't officially an Olympian but I think he's Olympic-caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    They should just eliminate the arm bars, and let then really fight. Who " wants to watch two people rolling around until one gets an arm bar . -boring.
    Are you serious? Let them really fight, but constrain them even more than they already are with the current rule set?

MMA isn't for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickgrappler View Post
    RR is 8-0 and SM is 7-0, have to check their records, but think RR had slightly higher-caliber opponents? Haven't seen SM fight, but excited by the idea of Olympian Judoka vs Olympian Wrestler

Always wondered what would happen if Randy Couture fought an Olympian Judoka... although Randy wasn't officially an Olympian but I think he's Olympic-caliber.

Couture was an Olympian. He went three times as an alternate.

McMann is basically a wrestler who grounds and pounds and has a few subs. You've seen that movie before. I think it will really come down to the clinch, and whether McMann can maintain top position, safely, if she does get Rousey on her back. If McMann can hold her down, she will grind away. As for stand up, I think Rousey is better, but who knows, neither are very good strikers. They both basically can hold their own long enough to use their grappling skills to win. McMann has won over half her fights by decision or in the third, so she has shown she can hang in the deep end, whereas Rousey has been past the first round once. It's hard to tell, but if McMann can ride her like a wet carpet, she may wear Rousey out. But again, who knows. Should be a good fight. I'm curious as to what others think may happen, who has what advantage where. Predictions, anyone?

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    looking for a rise?? I would say so.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Couture was an Olympian. He went three times as an alternate.

McMann is basically a wrestler who grounds and pounds and has a few subs. You've seen that movie before. I think it will really come down to the clinch, and whether McMann can maintain top position, safely, if she does get Rousey on her back. If McMann can hold her down, she will grind away. As for stand up, I think Rousey is better, but who knows, neither are very good strikers. They both basically can hold their own long enough to use their grappling skills to win. McMann has won over half her fights by decision or in the third, so she has shown she can hang in the deep end, whereas Rousey has been past the first round once. It's hard to tell, but if McMann can ride her like a wet carpet, she may wear Rousey out. But again, who knows. Should be a good fight. I'm curious as to what others think may happen, who has what advantage where. Predictions, anyone?
    Dayum, I said Randy WAS an Olympian somewhere else and they shot me down saying he wasn't. Guessing they didn't think being alternate counted. Whatever.

I have to see McMann fight to be fair before I make a call. Agree with you, ultimately who controls in the clinch has a better chance to win. McMann in an interview said something to the effect that although Meisha Tate didn't win, she exposed a RR grappling weakness. Think SM is mainly Freestyle? WOnder if she had any Greco-Roman experience.

RR did look like she was breathing heavily through her mouth at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickgrappler View Post
    Think SM is mainly Freestyle? WOnder if she had any Greco-Roman experience.
    Dunno, but her comp record is all freestyle.

Rousey vs. McMann

66 seconds? srsly?

Talk about Fem-MMA premature TKO.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I've been dropped by a liver shot before. I dunno if she would have come back from that. She went into freestyle wrestler survival mode that we are all too familiar with in MMA. That being said, she deserved the chance to see it through just like Faber did. Herb, what up? He's one of the best out there. Two in a row ain't a good look.

Had it gone on, I'm thinking that Rousey would have clipped her a few times then taken an arm. If McMann were to survive that, who knows.

I would like to see a rematch. I honestly think McMann can beat rousey. She deserves another chance. Zingano would be interesting too. But she will get her ass handed too here if she can't keep the distance.

So Santos is an interesting one. I think such a huge weight cut for somebody who has a history of trouble cutting weight will be a huge factor there. I doubt she would have anything to offer in the deep end. But the first round or two could be dangerous.