Thread: Rousey vs Tate II

Rousey vs Tate II

Anyone see it? From what I read, they both upped their game but Rousey more. Tate's punching better but Rousey's judo hip throws beat Tate's wrestling instincts ending with her pattented arm bar. It just took her longer this time...
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Good fight, Rousey dominated throughout, but Tate kept fighting hard...Rousey's Judo was impressive....
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Good fight, Rousey dominated throughout, but Tate kept fighting hard...Rousey's Judo was impressive....
    Pretty easy to look good when you're opponent keeps stumbling in with high take down attempts. I heard the explanation, but I have no idea why Tate basically handed her the victory on a silver platter. Olympic judoka, what's my game plan? I think I'll run in to try and take her down. Tate needs to move on from having her boyfriend coach her and get a real camp.

Yeah, those throws were nice. Misha was game, for sure. Still... Rousey is a beast. She needs to work on protecting herself when she throws punches and she needs to kick more. Also I think she should push off with the feet more and come up the middle more often. Compared to what she was last year, she improves fast. But her clinch and ground game are tight. How she took the arm and how she finished with it were pretty impressive. Hook the leg, roll it over, stretch it out. So clean.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Pretty easy to look good when you're opponent keeps stumbling in with high take down attempts. I heard the explanation, but I have no idea why Tate basically handed her the victory on a silver platter. Olympic judoka, what's my game plan? I think I'll run in to try and take her down. Tate needs to move on from having her boyfriend coach her and get a real camp.
    Rousey punched her up to the fence, pressed in, took her down and took her arm. I wouldn't say she handed it to her. She for sure gave up some throws in the first two rounds, but right from the bell in round 3, Rousey dominated her. Tate is a great wrestler with great submission defence, I think that was an asset that kept her from losing to earlier sub attempts. Rousey is good at engaging the clinch and more times than not, the throws were all her.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Olympic judoka, what's my game plan? I think I'll run in to try and take her down.
    Yeah, every time Tate went for a takedown she ended up getting thrown...pretty strange strategy...after the fight she said her game plan was to keep it on the outside, avoid the clinch...she didn't seem to stick to the plan...
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    Rousey punched her up to the fence, pressed in, took her down and took her arm. I wouldn't say she handed it to her. She for sure gave up some throws in the first two rounds, but right from the bell in round 3, Rousey dominated her. Tate is a great wrestler with great submission defence, I think that was an asset that kept her from losing to earlier sub attempts. Rousey is good at engaging the clinch and more times than not, the throws were all her.
    I wouldn't go that far. Tate is a good grappler. But women's wrestling isn't even close to the level of female Judo. Not in terms of how the best compare. Its not like men, where Division 1 wrestlers are competing for Olympic slots and dominating. Tate was just walking into Rousey. Not until the final take down, did she even try posting off her hip to keep her from getting leverage. By that point, she had already been thrown around 4 times, beat up and wore out from escaping 2 arm bars and a triangle. Tate's sub defense saved her in early rounds, but her ego got her into those bad positions to begin with.