Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shi Yanzi vs Simon Marcus

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    It was a poor bet to begin with. If Yanzi had fought some younger pro-fighter and lost, what message would that have sent?
    Something about all that hard qigong...

I just hope this guy they're giving him isn't a slacker. A knockout would be cool, but not within the first 10 seconds. I guess we shall see what we see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    And so it would seem, Commies changed it from 5 time zones to 1 in 1949...incredible to think you could be east of Seoul or west of Kathmandu and in the same time zone...madness...
    i kinda like it

that sucks, seems like he pussied out oh well it's on about 5 hours from now guys!
    Last edited by Pete; 01-03-2014 at 02:25 AM.
    I guess we are who we are

Well, that's what I get for not having a TV in China...

My connection sucked and I only caught a few seconds of the fight. His opponent looked old and worn out. Of course Yanzi won. I saw him do a couple leg sweeps, the pitui kind from Xiaohongquan. Oh, and I saw him land a round kick to the guy's face. But that's about it. I heard it was by KO.

Guess I'll have to wait until the fight gets posted up somewhere to watch it properly.
    Last edited by LFJ; 01-03-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Totally missed it....on PST.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Something about all that hard qigong...

I just hope this guy they're giving him isn't a slacker. A knockout would be cool, but not within the first 10 seconds. I guess we shall see what we see.
    Hard qigong in the ring? Been there, done that.

Thanks for the short fight call, LFJ. As soon as anyone finds the footage, please post it here.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

My connection sucked and I only caught a few seconds of the fight. His opponent looked old and worn out. Of course Yanzi won. I saw him do a couple leg sweeps, the pitui kind from Xiaohongquan. Oh, and I saw him land a round kick to the guy's face. But that's about it. I heard it was by KO.

Guess I'll have to wait until the fight gets posted up somewhere to watch it properly.
    **** completely forgot about it, hopefully one of you guys has got the youku skills although doesn't sound like it was worth watching? lol

It's not up on Youku yet, but I'll keep an eye out. Some other fights sound interesting, from reports. One of the Chinese fighters KO'd a French competitor in just 5 seconds and sent him to the hospital. I haven't seen any of it yet though.

By the way, this is the opponent they decided to give Yanzi instead of Marcus.

Not quite in the shape Marcus is in...

Who wants to guess the misleading and funny titles that will be attached to the Youtube/Youku videos when they start popping up?

With Yi Long's fights I've seen "Shaolin Monk defeats USA Navy Seal" and "Chinese monk deemed best fighter in the world".
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

By the way, this is the opponent they decided to give Yanzi instead of Marcus.
    I think the promoter made a good call. Not taking anything away from Yanzi's skills, (I'm still yet to see him in action,) just going on the age difference and fight record alone, I think it would have been an irresponsible matchup. Hopefully he'll take a few more fights and they'll give him some tougher competition. It is very impressive that he is taking professional fights at 46 though, especially with what he stands to lose, reputation wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

I think the promoter made a good call. Not taking anything away from Yanzi's skills, (I'm still yet to see him in action,) just going on the age difference and fight record alone, I think it would have been an irresponsible matchup. Hopefully he'll take a few more fights and they'll give him some tougher competition. It is very impressive that he is taking professional fights at 46 though, especially with what he stands to lose, reputation wise.
    thinking about it like that i agree, he's got balls

anyway just to let you know it's up on the link that was posted originally: http://tv.cntv.cn/live/cctv5/ just go back and click 01\03 and click down to 22:15...

his fight is around 62 minutes and lasts about 20 seconds lol left hook... might have another name as he seemed to hit with the inside of the wrist

edit: also don't watch it with earphones in... it's loud as ****
    Last edited by Pete; 01-03-2014 at 05:24 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeKDMbP2juA

Good on Shi Yanzi....he's in pretty good shape for his age. And for having no fight record, I'm glad to see him mixing it up in the ring.

Shame on the promotion, though. This fight really isn't worthy of a big professional promotion.

Has anybody figured out who he fought against?
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

^ doh i skipped past the first few rounds haha, the fight after his wasn't a bad watch

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    Good on Shi Yanzi....he's in pretty good shape for his age. And for having no fight record, I'm glad to see him mixing it up in the ring.

Shame on the promotion, though. This fight really isn't worthy of a big professional promotion.

Has anybody figured out who he fought against?
    I thought his kicks looked great, particularly the sweeps. Pretty wild with the hands though...his opponent didn't look to be in fighting shape...it would be nice to see him fight someone tougher. I got to give anyone his age who steps into the ring props though....
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I think the promoter made a good call. Not taking anything away from Yanzi's skills, (I'm still yet to see him in action,) just going on the age difference and fight record alone, I think it would have been an irresponsible matchup.
    I do agree, but Yanzi challenged Marcus. It was his choice. They should have let him do it. It would have at least been exciting.

Yongxin probably got wind of it and pulled some strings to get this worn out guy to replace Marcus.

Marcus had a pretty relaxed night...