Thread: interview with master mu wei shan

interview with master mu wei shan

http://www.monkeystealspeach.co.uk/t...u-wei-shan.php

Mu Wei Shan is a master of Taiji Mantis and in Yantai is known as a local "tough guy"

Thumbs up

Nowadays, most mantis players in Yantai can't fight. There's very few people I respect. Very few. If you'd have come here a few years back, when my health was better, I could have shown you a thing or two. Most people can talk the talk, this form, that form. Nowadays they are all about looking good, not about how to generate power.
    boom, i like him
    I guess we are who we are

the guy made a great point about not only needing a good teacher but you need good training partners as well.

I was watching a few of my students during class and it appeared to me that these people had learned from three different people......and what they learned I do not know.

I can only be available to them 24/7.....I cant force them to show up.

I put the blame 100% on myself........after reading this article I can put some of the blame on them as well.

I would like to tell them "maybe your kf brothers and sisters are not good because you are not good". People who only train alone should hope they only have to defend themselves against shadows. But, training with others can also be very good for you even if you are just training for health benefits.

I had a student show up for our full contact fighting class......after only being there one time in the past year....he was surprised and disappointed that there was only one other person there to fight. What should he expect? Being a senior student he didnt make the effort to show up......why should anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by xiao yao View Post
    http://www.monkeystealspeach.co.uk/t...u-wei-shan.php

Mu Wei Shan is a master of Taiji Mantis and in Yantai is known as a local "tough guy"
    Excellent Interview: What TCMA is/was all about.