Thread: PBVT Sparring Clip

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    I agree with that but how can you know how they handle that from a video and why are you so convinced that their structure would fall apart? Maybe a crystal ball or something?

The center line tactile game? WTF is that? If you mean by driving up the middle and looking for arm contact then I agree but that's not how Ving Tsun works. Only in systems that have got it wrong. Going up the middle is dangerous unless the other guy has his arms down and looking for arm contact is a useless idea.

In reality? You mean street fighting?

I don't think your idea of Ving Tsun is correct Frost and that's maybe why your POV has been distorted.
    no crystal ball but that is what happens to everyone the first time they really spar or fight, you can see it in peoples first full contact fight, they can look great in sparring, both technical and even hard sparring, but the first tome in the ring, cage or street with an opponent really looking to hurt them the above always happens and it starts to look like bad kick boxing, to get over this you need a lot of hard contact work, and the more unnatural the art is the more you need to work under this pressure to ingrain new habits
    Last edited by Frost; 01-10-2014 at 05:25 AM.