Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Environmental Protection

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    We are seeing the rise of syndicalism to replace capitalism right now.
    I give it about 25 years before the transition is complete.
    Maybe sooner depending on what the big players do.
    Me thinks you're right.

As a product of capitalism I didn't really understand the term syndicalism, and maybe still don't full understand it. However, after researching it a little bit I don't really have a problem with it. I just don't understand how it can be implemented effectively with so many millions of people to be represented by the syndicates. And, wherever it has been tried, it seems to be a means to another type of political system rather than a means to it's own end.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    We are seeing the rise of syndicalism to replace capitalism right now.
    I give it about 25 years before the transition is complete.
    Maybe sooner depending on what the big players do.
    Citizens United aka Money is speech, heralded and made legal by the Constitutional Monarchy (SCOTUS aka SCROTUM) will be the rule of the Day until the natural born citizens wake up!
    Whatever a corporation decides, has been the Rule since the Reagan era but now it is LAW. If they do not want to invest in Detroit, Ohio, Pennsylvania and the Rust Belt, it is OK. They get to find the cheapest location to abuse the foreign worker (if they get 5.00/a day then 2.00/hour can make one a rich man). It is easy for the corporation to show who's the boss.
    A recent development is that people are realizing that solar is a way to beat the high cost of utility increases but now ALEC and Heritage Foundation found that a way to beat this is to penalize those who want to save money then tax them for using solar! Go figure! Then a recent law that is seeking to reclassify water i.e. if you have a piece of land and there is a natural pooling/collection on your property, the state has a right to tax that water by any means possible..
    Colorado had a law where people could be fined for collecting water in barrels since according to the law the area above their house belongs to the state so any water collected is theirs.
    I am not that clever to make this stuff up! Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    Citizens United aka Money is speech... has been the Rule since the Reagan era but now it is LAW.
    Buckley v. Valeo(1976) was what really opened the door for rulings like Citizens United v. FEC.

You need an Article V convention which requires the support of 2/3 of the states(to call). So far this has been proposed in 11 states. It has passed in one state(Vermont) and is pending in the rest. It's really close in California and it will pass there. And you know how these things go. It is slow to start but once the sheep see it's moving along, they jump on board.
    Last edited by Syn7; 06-15-2014 at 08:27 AM.