Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How effective would these styles be in a modern day street environment?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa View Post
    I actually really want to do Bak Mei but no schools around my area unfortunately.

But on the bright side. Wing Chun looks really appealing so might give that a shot and see how it goes.
    They seem to be similar styles, at least to me... but whatever style you choose - stick with it and enjoy. Don't let other people discourage you.

http://www.aaron.net.au/pak_mei/

Would be awesome to study there. It's free and all haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa View Post
    I actually really want to do Bak Mei but no schools around my area unfortunately.

But on the bright side. Wing Chun looks really appealing so might give that a shot and see how it goes.
    so lets get this right, you asked about the effectiveness of a number of styles, then admit at least one of them you have no hope of training, then mention another style not on your original list, before people waste too much time what arts are actually near you...

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    They seem to be similar styles, at least to me... but whatever style you choose - stick with it and enjoy. Don't let other people discourage you.
    pak mei is closer to southern mantis than wing Chun, pak mei and wing chun have fundermental differences in terms of generating power, strategy when fighting technices used etc

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    pak mei is closer to southern mantis than wing Chun, pak mei and wing chun have fundermental differences in terms of generating power, strategy when fighting technices used etc
    well that, and if you take a look through the wing chun forum you'll see that there is a requirement that you be argumentative, stubborn and unchanging in your point of view and you need to mouth box a lot better than anyone else. Also, be angry.

P.S If you're a real candidate for wing chun, you won't find any of that funny and you will issue some sort of challenge that will ultimately go nowhere.
    Just ask Bawang.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    P.S If you're a real candidate for wing chun, you won't find any of that funny and you will issue some sort of challenge that will ultimately go nowhere.
    Just ask Bawang.
    I'm still waiting for any challenge on this forum ever from anyone to lead to an actual match.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I'm still waiting for any challenge on this forum ever from anyone to lead to an actual match.
    That would be interesting.

there was one a long time ago, i know hard to believe

i would put hung gar up there at the top. with all the clawing and poking,along with the dynamic tension and body condition,makes you feel buff,strong and ready

Buy a gun and a mask

Bust a cap in anyone's a s s that messes with you. None of these long winded choomes on this forum know squat about the martial arts.

I highly recommend the h&k MP 5 and a good concealment rig
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  65.2 KB
    If you opt out on firearms go to NYC and find this guy teaching lama Pai kung Fu,
    He will teach you the ins and outs or real kung fu.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

It most certainly would not be you LMAO....
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    It most certainly would not be you LMAO....
    Yeah, I don't issue challenges over this forum. However I'd be happy to spar with anybody in Toronto. Again, not holding my breath.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

Yeah, I don't issue challenges over this forum. However I'd be happy to spar with anybody in Toronto. Again, not holding my breath.
    PM if you are going to be in Markham or shoot me a line in FB and I'll give you my cell # to text. We can play any number of things out in the secret lair mo gwoon I keep there. No crazies, no ego filled ruckus, just a good work out and some sharing. That's typically what we do.

Having said that. That's a nice MP5 attache setup Kisu. is it yours? Because dayum! lol budda budda brudda would be a cool nickname.
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 01-15-2014 at 08:14 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I'll definitely let you know next time I'm out that way. I rarely leave downtown, midtown and east york but I come up to the outer reaches of the GTA once every fortnight or ten.
    Simon McNeil

I'll definitely let you know next time I'm out that way. I rarely leave downtown, midtown and east york but I come up to the outer reaches of the GTA once every fortnight or ten.
    Most Wednesday evenings (except 2nd wed of month) or Friday afternoons are training days.
    But in the summer months, I travel a bit more myself and go visit friends kwoons or do outdoor sessions etc.
    Kung Fu is good for you.