Thread: A question on WSL's dummy form; what are the major differences between his students?

Hybrid View

A question on WSL's dummy form; what are the major differences between his students?

After watching both David Peterson's, Gary Lam's and also WSL's dummy forms on video formats I note, as many have done already, that Lam has additional kicking sections. My question is do WSL's other students, such as Philipp Bayer and Barry Lee, teach a dummy form that is more like Peterson's and those videos of WSL performing the form or are there significant differences like we see in Lam's? A secondary question, does anyone have any links to other examples of WSL's direct students performing the dummy form?

Cheers.

Gary Lam's material differs in a lot of ways. Not just the dummy form, but his entire system in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Gary Lam's material differs in a lot of ways. Not just the dummy form, but his entire system in fact.
    Indeed! But 'system' level approach aside there seems, up until the latter kicking sections, more in common with respects to the dummy form? Anyway, thanks for responding. It seems that those users on these forums in a position to answer are choosing not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Indeed! But 'system' level approach aside there seems, up until the latter kicking sections, more in common with respects to the dummy form? Anyway, thanks for responding. It seems that those users on these forums in a position to answer are choosing not to.
    His not the only one of Sigungs students... Dare i say gone off the page Look at Wam kam leung for instance. One of my Students the other day, was P!ssed with Wam kam leungs interpretation of the forms I told him take it easy as he must remember the systems conceptual . As he watched more of Sibak He said man he can sure kick some ar$e tho Look at them ,there all different in some form or fashion if its not functional Stay out the Kitchen or your gonna get burnt

Quote Originally Posted by Jansingsang View Post
    His not the only one of Sigungs students... Dare i say gone off the page Look at Wam kam leung for instance. One of my Students the other day, was P!ssed with Wam kam leungs interpretation of the forms I told him take it easy as he must remember the systems conceptual . As he watched more of Sibak He said man he can sure kick some ar$e tho Look at them ,there all different in some form or fashion if its not functional Stay out the Kitchen or your gonna get burnt
    WKL has changed the system which is fine as he will be first to tell you that. He is not teaching or practicing WSL's interpretation of VT regardless of whether he was a student at any time.

You are right though. He can kick some ar$e and you are also right that others have gone right off the page.

The reason why they are "all" different is due to many many factors. Interpretation is not one of them although that reason is widely used to justify why there are so many differences from person to person. Generally people accept that idea. I personally do not.
    "Ving Tsun is a horse not everybody can ride"

Wong Shun Leung.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    WKL has changed the system which is fine as he will be first to tell you that. He is not teaching or practicing WSL's interpretation of VT regardless of whether he was a student at any time.

You are right though. He can kick some ar$e and you are also right that others have gone right off the page.

The reason why they are "all" different is due to many many factors. Interpretation is not one of them although that reason is widely used to justify why there are so many differences from person to person. Generally people accept that idea. I personally do not.
    Agree. A lot of people " visited " WSL, few were actually " students ". It's also known by wsl students who the visitors were or the attendance of classes with wsl present. One wsl student left every day before wsl arrived to teach personally in the school, but claims he is a wsl student.....when at a seminar a few years later, the student was corrected about errors in thinking as he tried to interpret for WSL by another wsl student who learned from wsl and attended class when wsl was teaching directly.....
    Then the abstract nature of the system can be misinterpreted easily by the same lackadaisical approach, the student goes to Europe and teaches " his " ideas only to be discovered by students later and creating differences....

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post

On reflection you have a point as one I know of messed with it deliberately trying to reinvent the wheel so to speak and has caused a chain reaction of poor VT with students none the wiser

[QUOTE=Jansingsang;1260623]His not the only one of Sigungs students... Dare i say gone off the page Look at Wam kam leung for instance. One of my Students the other day, was P!ssed with Wam kam leungs interpretation of the forms I told him take it easy as he must remember the systems conceptual .
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure wing chun is conceptual -but that does necessarily clarify things for people who do not have good guidance.
    Much of this thread involves the blind leading the blind.

[QUOTE=Vajramusti;1260702]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jansingsang View Post
    His not the only one of Sigungs students... Dare i say gone off the page Look at Wam kam leung for instance. One of my Students the other day, was P!ssed with Wam kam leungs interpretation of the forms I told him take it easy as he must remember the systems conceptual .
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure wing chun is conceptual -but that does necessarily clarify things for people who do not have good guidance.

Myself & Graham already clarified that anolgy Joy So it's not the case of blind leading the blind mister

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Ha. What the hell would you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    The fact that you have posted gives that idea some justification as well!
    "Ving Tsun is a horse not everybody can ride"

Wong Shun Leung.