Thread: Ninja choke

Ninja choke

I hope this is where BJJ stuff goes.

"Ninja choke" is a bit over the top but you gotta call it something I guess. I found this technique by accident while sparring a few years ago. I just discovered this video tonight on one of the pages I follow on Facebook. I thought it was unique to me but really there is nothing new under the sun. One thing I learned from the video that I wasn't doing is trapping the foot. I kind of muscle through the application, so if I'm stacked up or are otherwise unable to sink it in quickly I just use it to sweep so I can get the mount or side control. With the foot trapped I think it'd be easier to hold them in place to lock down the choke. Any "constructive" positive or negative feedback is welcome, just no trolls please!

http://bjjvideovault.com/choke-like-a-ninja/

I like the choke. It's one those techniques I always want to use, but forget in live rolls. I have to drill it more to get it I to muscle memory. I think the problem I have with it is when I go Guillen I try to finish by tightening up my full guard. The guillotine in the video is more of bait move.

Ill give it a try next time on the mat.....if I remember.