Thread: Guy Tries To Attack Jim Cantore During Live Shot, Immediately Regrets It

Guy Tries To Attack Jim Cantore During Live Shot, Immediately Regrets It

Who says a knee to the nards won't deter an attacker? Jim Cantore handles it like a boss! I get the feeling that he wanted to go further and drop this kid to the ground.

Last edited by GoldenBrain; 01-29-2014 at 01:41 AM.

What a pro! Never missed a beat, just kept giving us the weather....well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    Who says a knee to the nards won't deter an attacker? Jim Cantore handles it like a boss! I get the feeling that he wanted to go further and drop this kid to the ground. In our 5 Animals Sil-Lum we call this technique crane up. Basically crane up is lifting the knee with that same foot blocking behind the straight knee. Anywhoo…here's the video...

How awesome would that have been had he put his heel in the guys mug.

Doesn't look like it had much effect other than making the guy change course. I love how he takes in in stride though. If you were just listening, you would never know the guy yelling got that close.

That was awesome! I wish the knee had landed harder/even more flush and collapsed the kid to the ground. If that happened, and Cantore just continued on like he did, it would've been doubly awesome!

"Cloudy With a Chance of Knee Meets Balls".
    Last edited by Jimbo; 01-28-2014 at 09:31 PM.

And you thought the side knee lift was just a kung fu pose....bwahahahaha ! Cool rendition of Cantore plus five more takedowns on Jimmy Kimmel last night, hilarious!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    And you thought the side knee lift was just a kung fu pose....bwahahahaha ! Cool rendition of Cantore plus five more takedowns on Jimmy Kimmel last night, hilarious!
    lol, thanks for that!

In my original post of this article I mentioned crane up which is what we call that side knee lift. I deleted it because I didn't want to distract from the video by getting into some sort of debate on crane techniques, but yeah, it's a worthy technique to add to the arsenal.

But it wouldn't work in the Octagon against a legitimate fighter.

Too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I think we have ample evidence of successful groin strikes in the UFC...won't score you any points, but your allowed one freebie..
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think we have ample evidence of successful groin strikes in the UFC...won't score you any points, but your allowed one freebie..
    And then there was Joe Son. Outlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    And then there was Joe Son. Outlier?
    Those were dark times for sure....

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    Those were dark times for sure....
    Yeah that was hard to watch.

I don't think mma is the best example to show groin strikes work. First of all, they wear a cup, so... you know. Second, very rarely do you see the guy just drop from it. usually they wince and fight on till the ref steps in, if they step in, or they back off holding up their hands. They do this because they know there is a ref and they know there is a good chance they will get the chance to shake it off, so to speak. We have also seen many clear and powerful groin shots where the ref did not see and the guy fought on. I think a groin shot is like any other strike, potentially useful. It's always bothered me how people view it as a finisher or end all attack and it just isn't. I mean, it can be, but so can a shot to the chin, or a liver kick or or or..... Ya know.

On the realz though, if I hear a man say it won't ever work, I question whether they are a man at all. We all know that feeling and we all know it could be very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    On the realz though, if I hear a man say it won't ever work, I question whether they are a man at all. We all know that feeling and we all know it could be very bad.
    I was being sarcastic. Someone almost always comes along and says something like that.

It looks like Cantore has had some training, though.

In point sparring I've used it to deflect kicks to the body
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post

Too soon?
    Epic bro! And right on time!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!