Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Well apparently neither did Kevin think there was chi sau there. At the end he says "This, er, isn't chi sau" to which Shawn replied, "well what is it?". As Kevin begins to explain "well it's er...", Shawn interrupts and looks to the camera, with a slightly disappointed look, and waves his hand commanding the camera man to "stop". I assume that because Shawn just wants to try to embarrass people and make a name for himself, a little bit of information was superfluous to his video recording purposes. Is it me or are we seeing an agenda here between Izzo, Shawn, the 52blocks guys and a few others?
The agenda is always the same - people promoting themselves/their method. To be fair, I think Kevin said: "This isn't our Chi Sau."

Maybe Obassi is doing the Wing Chun that Kevin used to do and so Obassi is thinking using the conceptual framework that Kevin tells us he's moved on from now that he has a real understanding of what VT is.

But seriously, the problem for me is not Obassi's agenda or that the Gor Sau was recorded, but what we see in it. I didn't expect to see any quality from Obassi, but I was a bit shocked to see this from Kevin. Obassi's attacks might have been all over the place, but he's a big guy and he put the pressure on... and Kevin was defending rather than... well, the things he talks about when describing PBVT on this forum.

I'm a little shocked as Kevin has spent many, many posts telling people here that their Wing Chun is based on misconceptions and faulty logic, and yet when a big chap in Gor Sau applies some pressure, I don't see from Kevin the superior method he's been pitching.