Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Obasse & Kevin Gledhill chi sau

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Well that is exactly the way Kevin and Co. affected my outlook. Just based on youtube clips and what I'd heard, I came onto this forum with a pretty positive view on PB-WSLVT. Kevin's posts really soured that. They also seemed to make this forum a pretty contentious place. I find hanging out here a lot more enjoyable since he's gone "on vacation".
    Bah, I never looked down on PB just because some of his guys sounded like they wanted to start a boy band.

He's always impressed me as a down to earth hard working guy just doing his thing. His method works to dominate the chi sau thing in a certain context, and he probably can scrap a little. Are there limitations to what he does? Sure. But no issues from me over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Bah, I never looked down on PB just because some of his guys sounded like they wanted to start a boy band.

He's always impressed me as a down to earth hard working guy just doing his thing. His method works to dominate the chi sau thing in a certain context, and he probably can scrap a little. Are there limitations to what he does? Sure. But no issues from me over that.
    I think Bayer' shows good wing chun movement in what he does and it looks like he is good at teaching it to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post

No one is questioning the skill and approach that PB shows in his video clips. What has turned people off on him is the suggestion that the attitude of his students we see in this forum is a reflection of his own attitude picked up from him in his seminars. This may very well be a false impression. Also, some of his followers here have more or less "put words in his mouth" that have made him sound bad, whether he actually believes what they have stated or not. So yeah, I'm willing to cut PB some slack and would go see him given the opportunity. But that doesn't change the fact that his followers here have created a very "negative vibe" around him.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    So yeah, I'm willing to cut PB some slack and would go see him given the opportunity. But that doesn't change the fact that his followers here have created a very "negative vibe" around him.
    It is intriguing though, isn't it? That so many of his followers have similar stories- having come from other Wing Chun lineages and upon being introduced to this new method they had to do a complete overhaul of the systems they had previous learned, practically starting over from scratch. Understandably, they're unhappy about their lost time and wasted efforts.

I wouldn't call them negative or blame them for expressing themselves. It's just that those still in the lineages they've abandoned will take offense to it, but these folks haven't experienced different. Otherwise their taking offense, based on turnover rate, would turn into agreement. Outright lineage bashing without offering fruitful discussion is too far though, except in the case where the lineage head is in all actually fact a fraud. And there are some of those...

Hypothetically, if you did go to meet him and had the same experience...? You would likely want to be vocal about it. It's nature.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post

Hypothetically, if you did go to meet him and had the same experience...? You would likely want to be vocal about it. It's nature.
    But I would like to think I would not come across as a straight up Axx-hole as many here have! And I would be careful not to put words in my new Sifu's mouth that would make him look bad. I would realize that as his representative, I would have to maintain some level of respect for others. Call it being "PC" if you like, or "Mo Duk", but even if I had a big "ah ha" moment I would not bash others the way we have seen here. But that's just me.

There are several PBVT forum members here. I think most of them have added to the discussions and aren't that bad. Most of them don't drop the one-liners Kevin did. Speaking of him, I wonder what he's been up to. I wonder what's been on his mind after this exchange or if it has changed his outlook and approach in some way. Is that really all it took to make him shut up and shutdown completely?

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    I wonder what's been on his mind after this exchange or if it has changed his outlook and approach in some way. Is that really all it took to make him shut up and shutdown completely?
    Nah. Not Kevin! That's why I think Glenn may be right!

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Call it being "PC" if you like, or "Mo Duk", but even if I had a big "ah ha" moment I would not bash others the way we have seen here. But that's just me.

Hey Man, I’d really feel you on that one, just to tone it down a bit here’s one of my favorite people to party with (in person being from a punk band myself), back in my twenties and when I had it like that. It looks better in full screen

Take Care,

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    Hey Man, I’d really feel you on that one, just to tone it down a bit here’s one of my favorite people to party with (in person being from a punk band myself), back in my twenties and when I had it like that. It looks better in full screen

Take Care,
    You partied with Blondie?! Diggin it man! Thanks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    Been there. Done that. Posted earlier in the thread.