Thread: The ExpendaBelles

The ExpendaBelles

srsly?

Berlin: Robert Luketic To Helm Millennium’s ‘The ExpendaBelles;’ Who Should Star?
    By MIKE FLEMING JR | Thursday February 6, 2014 @ 6:18am PST
    Mike Fleming

EXCLUSIVE: Robert Luketic has come aboard to direct The ExpendaBelles, the estrogen-powered equivalent of the testosterone-fueled Millennium Films franchise The Expendables. The move re-teams Luketic with his Legally Blonde scribes Kirsten Smith and Karen McCullah, who wrote the original screenplay for the female action comedy spinoff. The film will begin shooting this summer and Luketic will soon begin casting the gals.

The logline: When America’s Navy SEALs are wiped out trying to penetrate the island lair of a deadly despot who has captured one of the world’s top nuclear scientists, it becomes clear that there is no such thing as the right man for the job and that this is a mission so impossible that only women can handle it. The only way in: some of the world’s deadliest female operatives must pose as high-class call-girls shipped in by private plane to satisfy a dictator–and instead save the scientist and the day. I feel like I watched an X-rated version of this in the 70s, but enough about that.

The ExpendaBelles is produced by Sylvester Stallone and Kevin King. Executive producers are Heidi Jo Markel, Julie Kroll, Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson, John Thompson and Mark Gill. CAA and Mosaic rep Luketic.

So the big question is, who should star? My Bulgarian co-editor in chief Nellie Andreeva translated an interview Avi Lerner gave to the Standart last fall, and Lerner said he was in talks with Meryl Streep, Cameron Diaz and Milla Jovovich. I’m told that nobody is set and that they are just now coming up with the short list. I’d like to suggest a few more actresses with action on their resumes. The most bankable female action star is Angelina Jolie. Here are the rest: Sigourney weaver, Linda Hamilton, Halle Berry, Carrie-Anne Moss, Geena Davis, Jennifer Garner, Kate Beckinsale, Sandra Bullock, Michelle Yeoh, Rhona Mitra, Chloe Moretz, Uma Thurman, Lucy Lawless, Katie Sackhoff, Angela Bassett, Michelle Rodriguez, Lucy Liu, Gina Carano, Pam Grier, Sharon Stone and Brigitte Nielsen. I have no idea which of them would spark to this, but there are enough names here to fuel several films. Have I left anyone out?
    Expendables
    Expendables 2
    Expendables 3
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gina not attached

Wonder what that other Adi Shankar project is. He was attached to ExpendaBelles. Perhaps Kpopstarz is confuzzled.
    The Expendables Spinoff Expendabelles Casting News: Henry Cavill Girlfriend Gina Carano Debunks Rumors; ‘I Was Never Attached’
    By Aurora Banks | July 08, 2014 09:24 AM EDT

Expendables Spinoff Expendabelles
    (Photo : Maxim Magazine)

Knowing how much profit The Expendables franchise have made over its past two movies, it's but natural for Millennium films to consider a spin-off and what better way to do so is to create an all-female cast action-film as a counterpart. And so The ExpendaBelles is born.

The rumored all-star cast lineup includes "Fast & Furious" stars Michelle Rodriguez and Gina Carano.

However, Expendables female spinoff, Expendabelles rumored cast Gina Carano denies her involvement in Sly's female version of his all male cast film saying:

"I was never attached to the female Expendables, it's just something like people put my name in there and then everyone thought it was truth," she says, adding that she'll be doing a project with producer Adi Shankar (Dredd, The Grey) that may have a similar female-heavy action vibe.

Moreover, stunt superstar Zoe Bell has expressed her intentions in appearing on the film.

She revealed to Crave Online that she talked with the casting crew in charge for the Expendables spinoff film ExpendaBelles, although nothing is finalized yet.

Zoe Bell managed to express her dream team for the team as well saying:

"Gina Carano, Ronda Rousey, Michelle Rodriguez just cause I think she's like - she is one of those people that just is a bit of a ****-kicker. I feel like in real life she is kind of cool and tough and sexy all at once. I don't feel like she's being someone else when she's doing it. And then I decided I'd bring back Linda Hamilton and Sigourney Weaver... and me!"

In addition, Maleficent movie star Angelina Jolie is reportedly in the lineup for the Expendables female spinoff ExpendaBelles movie to be helmed by "Legally Blonde" director Rober Luketic. "Kick-Ass 2" actress Chloe Moretz is among those who are shortlisted for the estrogen powered film.

The movie, which includes a group of aging actions stars, proved to be a major hit, and now Sylvester Stallone announced bigger plans about the project, including a spin-off movie that will include an all female cast, currently entitled "The ExpendaBelles."

As far as casting goes, no official members have yet to be announced, however producers are coming up with a short list of contenders for the project.

Resident Evil star Milla Jovovich has been constantly mentioned to be cast in the all-star movie together with "Maleficent" movie star Angelina Jolie and "Kick-Ass 2" actress Chloe Moretz . According to reports, Jovovich has already been in negotiations with the movie producer Avi Lerner.

Other Hollywood stars that names are being linked to the film are Sigourney Weaver, Katee Sackhoff, Ronda Rousey, Meryl Streep, Halle Berry, Carrie-Anne Moss, Geena Davis, Jennifer Garner, Kate Beckinsale, Sandra Bullock, Michelle Yeoh, Rhona Mitra, Chloe Moretz, Uma Thurman, Lucy Lawless, Angela Bassett, Cameron Diaz, Lucy Liu, Pam Grier, Sharon Stone, Brigitte Nielsen and Michelle Rodriguez.

Director Robert Luketic will be reunited with his Legally Blonde crew Kirsten "Kiwi" Smith and Karen McCullah, who penned the screenplay for the all star female cast action comedy film, which will begin shooting this summer.

Here is the synopsis for the Expendables female spin-off movie ExpendaBelles:

"When America's Navy SEALs are wiped out trying to penetrate the island lair of a deadly despot who has captured one of the world's top nuclear scientists, it becomes clear that there is no such thing as the right man for the job and that this is a mission so impossible that only women can handle it. The only way in: some of the world's deadliest female operatives must pose as high-class call-girls shipped in by private plane to satisfy a dictator-and instead save the scientist and the day. I feel like I watched an X-rated version of this in the 70s, but enough about that."

For more of the hottest and latest updates on Expendables female spin-off movie ExpendaBelles keep tuning in here at Kpopstarz.com.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

You need the older kick ass women

Michelle Yeoh, Peta Wilson, etc
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Although most Americans don't know her, my pick is Angela Mao. Anyone truly familiar with '70s HK/Taiwan kung fu cinema is familiar with her. Or if they only saw Enter the Dragon (she played Bruce's ill-fated sister). She was most likely the very first international female action star. Though even if considered, I have doubts she'd do it. She lives in Queens, NY, is in her 60 now, and hasn't made a movie in over 30 years, though she did make a couple of public appearances in Japan and NY a few years ago.

TcM & Jb

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    Michelle Yeoh, Peta Wilson, etc
    There are more roles for older men than older women. Pam Grier would be a great ExpendaBelle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Although most Americans don't know her, my pick is Angela Mao.
    Funny you should bring her up today, Jimbo. Well, just funny to me right now. It'll be funny to everyone tomorrow. Stay tuned.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

@Jimbo

See? Angela Mao! Funny, ain't it?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene:

It'll be *really* funny if I'm one of the winners!

That would be funny, Jimbo

Did you enter?

Meanwhile, here's another update:
    Fast & Furious 7 Cast Michelle Rodriguez In The Expendables Spinoff ExpendaBelles Lineup? ‘Legally Blonde’ Director Robert Luketic To Helm The Film
    By Aurora Banks | July 11, 2014 10:46 AM EDT

Fast Furious 7 Cast Michelle Rodriguez In Expendables Spinoff ExbendaBelles
    (Photo : Instagram)

Fast & Furious 7 cast Michelle Rodriguez is reportedly in the lineup for the Expendables spinoff ExpendaBelles movie to be helmed by "Legally Blonde" director Rober Luketic.

The movie, which includes a group of aging actions stars, proved to be a major hit, and now Sylvester Stallone announced bigger plans about the project, including a spin-off movie that will include an all female cast, currently entitled "The ExpendaBelles."

As far as casting goes, no official members have yet to be announced, however producers are coming up with a short list of contenders for the project.

Resident Evil star Milla Jovovich has been constantly mentioned to be cast in the all-star movie together with "Fast & Furious 7" cast Michelle Rodrigues. According to reports, Jovovich has already been in negotiations with the movie producer Avi Lerner.

Other Hollywood stars that names are being linked to the film are Sigourney Weaver, Katee Sackhoff, Ronda Rousey, Meryl Streep, Halle Berry, Carrie-Anne Moss, Geena Davis, Jennifer Garner, Kate Beckinsale, Sandra Bullock, Michelle Yeoh, Rhona Mitra, Chloe Moretz, Uma Thurman, Lucy Lawless, Angela Bassett, Cameron Diaz, Lucy Liu, Gina Carano, Pam Grier, Sharon Stone, Brigitte Nielsen and Angelina Jolie.

Director Robert Luketic will be reunited with his Legally Blonde crew Kirsten "Kiwi" Smith and Karen McCullah, who penned the screenplay for the all star female cast action comedy film, which will begin shooting this summer.

Here is the synopsis for the Expendables spin-off movie ExpendaBelles:

"When America's Navy SEALs are wiped out trying to penetrate the island lair of a deadly despot who has captured one of the world's top nuclear scientists, it becomes clear that there is no such thing as the right man for the job and that this is a mission so impossible that only women can handle it. The only way in: some of the world's deadliest female operatives must pose as high-class call-girls shipped in by private plane to satisfy a dictator-and instead save the scientist and the day. I feel like I watched an X-rated version of this in the 70s, but enough about that."

For more of the hottest and latest updates on Fast & Furious 7 cast Michelle Rodriguez and The Expendables spin-off movie ExpendaBelles keep tuning in here at Kpopstarz.com.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Did you enter?
    Yes I did. Sorry, I entered twice, because I wasn't certain I did it right the first time...