Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jade Egg

Jade Egg

We ran an article on Jade Egg back in our NOV+DEC 2009: The Jade Egg By Selena Lu. Here's the resulting thread.

Follow the link below to watch the embedded vid. You won't be disappointed.

Vaginal weightlifting: Kung Fu for your fanny
    Surprising advice from a sexpert suggests Kegels are a waste of time and weightlifting is the way forward for our pelvic floors
    Yahoo Lifestyle
    By Kim Hookem-Smith | Yahoo Lifestyle – Wed, Feb 5, 2014 11:18 GMT

Forget Kegels, lifting weights will do your pelvic floor more good, says the sex guru who's trying to tempt women to take up vaginal Kung Fu.

But inserting a jade egg with an attached pouch for weights into your...er...self isn't as easy to do over breakfast out with your friends (a la Sex and the City's Samantha) now is it?Kim runs webinars to explain how vaginal Kung Fu can change your sex life

Vaginal weightlifting has made a resurgence thanks to a tongue-in-cheek video by "provocateur, innovator, illuminator, catalyst, quantum leap life coach, sexual muse., liberation master and pleasure savant" (self-described) Kim Anami, entitled '10 reasons to lift weights with your vagina'.

Really only five are of any particular interest (unless you want to beat current Guinness World Record holder Russian gymnast Tatyana Kozhevnikova, who can lift a 14kg kettleball with her bits and officially has the world's strongest vagina).

Watch with care (Probably NSFW, depending on where you work):

If you can't be bothered ot watch the video, the benefits listed are:
    1. That Kegels (perlvic floor toning exercises) don’t work
    2. It will intesify your orgasms
    3. You could get in Guinness World Records
    4. Give your man stronger organsms
    5. Be the life of the party with the old ping pong trick
    6. Your vagina will be so strong you can sort your man out with just the power of your pelvic floor
    7. This means you can threaten him with the power of your pevis.
    8. It could make you a superhero
    9. It will increase your libido, making sex far more pleasurable thanks to your new 'sensitive and articulate vagina'
    10. Pickle jars are no longer a problem

[How to get sex back into your relationship]
    [My resolution to bring back sex and intimacy hits a bump in the road]

It might be new to us (not wanting to fire ping pong balls across the room or get ourselves into the record books), but the idea ha been knocking around for a while.

US blogger and 'Social Acupuncturist' (no idea) Emelia SF tried it back in 2012 and described the experience in hilarious detail on her blog Trying to Be Good.

She revealed how she attended a class designed to build pelvic power and make women feel empowered, all for $150 (£90).

She doesn't say who ran the course or where she discovered it but in the class, she and her fellows were encouraged to connect with their sexual selves in what sounds like a fairly toe-curling experience.

She says: "So you put the [jade] egg in your vagina and then you can put anything you like into the pouch [that hangs from it] to weight it - rocks, shells, a cellphone…she [the tutor] used a cell phone.

"The pouches are just hanging and then you clench two three then relax, then clench."

She continues to describe the dropping of eggs, the clenching of muscles and the general awkwardness of the class.Kim runs courses and e-workshops to help women reconnect with their sexuality

It might seem a bit bonkers, but Kim explains that her life's work and obsession is to improve the sexual experiences of others, particularly for women, and that strengthening our pelvic muscles could make a huge difference to our experience.

She explains on her website: "The truth is that your vagina can function like your hand: it can grip and articulate and pick up objects and throw them across the room. It can give hand jobs and deep throat and give you orgasms that totally change your life and help you to self-actualise as a person."

(She's American.)

"If your vagina isn’t doing these things, it’s not optimising its full potential."

We're all for maximising sexual pleasure. But jade eggs, in there? We're not convinced. Let us know if you give it a go!
    Official website: vaginal kung fu
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Good to see weight training back in Kung Fu.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

ttt 4 2015!

I love when I get a news item to ttt this here thread. Thank you again, Kim Anami. Today is going to be a good day.

Kim Anami: Vaginal kung fu coach can lift weights with her private muscles
    By Kabita Maharana
    January 22, 2015 06:28 GMT

Kim Anami: Vaginal kung fu coach can lift weight using her private musclesKim Anami lifting a surfboard using her vaginal muscles.Kim Anami/Instagram

Vaginal kung fu might sound weird, but not for sex coach Kim Anami who claims it is the best fitness regimen for women.

Anami, who lifts weights using her vaginal muscles, started a world tour in order to "educate people about [vaginas] in a playful and provocative way which has many benefits for women."

The sex and relationship expert has posted numerous pictures of herself lifting surfboards and rambutan fruits using her private muscles. She claims lifting weights this way is an ancient Taoist art.

Click here to see the pictures.

"In the ancient Taoist system of sexual practices, where sex was seen as medicine and a pathway to enlightenment—pelvic weight lifting was an essential part of their health regime," Anami claims on her website.

"The regimen strengthened the pelvic floor, supported the internal organs and recirculated vital sexual energy throughout the system.

Women practised the lifting with a jade egg. In the Chinese system of medicine, jade was thought to have healing and balancing effects on the female reproductive system."

She started a hashtag #ThingsILiftWithMyVagina and claimed she wants "every woman to know that she, too, can shoot ping pong balls from her vagina. It's not just a skill reserved for some special Thai vaginas."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More on Kim Anami

Kim Anami, practitioner of "Vaginal Kung Fu," lifts objects with her vagina to empower women
    MAY, 13, 2015 | 5:2 AM | Author : JOHN

Kim Anami lifts weights with her vagina, and she would like to talk to you about that. Which is why she’s about to embark on the European leg of her “Vaginal Kung Fu” world tour. Anami, a life and sex coach, counts the ability to shoot ping pong balls from her vagina among her many vagina-based skills, and claims that the ability to do so is “every woman’s God-given right.” Just like using the vagina to open beer bottles.

For the past few months, Kim has been on tour in other parts of the world, where she lifts objects local to each area–she’s sort of an organic farmer’s market of vaginal self-empowerment. In Bali, Kim lifted “coconuts, an array of tropical fruit, and a seashell.” In Los Angeles, it was a surfboard, plus donuts, and cold-pressed juices.

Kim’s looking for new things to lift, and new places to lift them. You can help, if you’re on Instagram–simply share a photo of the item you’d like to see Kim use her vagina to lift, and use the hashtag #thingsiliftwithmyvagina.

Barcelona and Venice are her first two destinations; you can get in on the contest through May 25th.And, if your idea is chosen, you’ll get complimentary access to Vaginal Kung Fu, which you can use to turn your “numb, under-functioning vagina” into something much, much more. Kim also offers “Sexual Mastery” classes for men, and a “Coming Together Couples” salon.Admittedly, though, it’s the vagina lifting that’s making her an internet phenomenon. (Photo credits: Kim Anami on Instagram)

I gotta find some traditional weight to post to her Instagram. A stone lock perhaps?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Vaginal Kung Fu for the Win!

numb, under-functioning vaginas

'Most women have numb, under-functioning vaginas': says woman with weightlifting lady bits
    SEX COACH Kim Anami says a "masterful vagina ought to be able to move furniture, shoot ping pong balls and help you reach all types of orgasm".
    By Laura Mitchell / Published 18th May 2015

PELVIC FLOORS: Kim is touring the world lifting things with her vagina [INSTAGRAM ]
    The vagina weightlifter, who is currently touring the world showing off her impressive pelvic floors, insists that all women should be working on their vaginal strength.

Kim asks the question: "Can you shoot ping pong balls with your vagina?"

She then claims that 99.9% of women haven’t mastered the "essential life skill" yet, but insists they should.

Kim says: "Once you do, you’ll have more and better orgasms, and be able to cause your man to ejaculate (or not) with the power of your vagina alone.

"You may even learn to ejaculate yourself."

kimanami4 months ago
    Follow
    #thingsiliftwithmyvagina

The Bali Series
    Lifting rambutans with my vagina. In the rice paddies. "Rambut" is Indonesian for "hairy." This hot red fruit has little green hairs on the outside of it. Inside is a fleshy, sweet fruit.
    It all sounds like a sexual metaphor, doesn't it?
    #thingsiliftwithmyvagina
    #tropicalfruitsiliftwithmyvagina
    #vaginalkungfu

The sex and life coach then goes on to list the benefits of vaginal kung fu and the things YOUR vagina should be able to achieve.

She says: "It should be able to provide constant bliss and euphoria and be able to complete all types of vaginal orgasms possible.

"This includes G-spot orgasms, AFE zone orgasm and cervical orgasms.

"It ought to have the unique ability to enable a man to ejaculate or not ejaculate, simply with the ability to clench.

"It ought to be toned and strong like any other muscle you work out at the gym."

Kim, who has used her legendary weightlifting vagina to heave objects including coconuts, watermelons and even a surf board, says most women's lady parts aren't up to scratch.

“You should be able to lift furniture with your vagina ”
    Kim Anami
    "Most women have very weak vaginas. Why is this? she says.

"A masterful vagina ought to be able to move furniture and shoot ping pong balls."

And when it comes to exercises for down there, the social media star says kegel exercises aren't enough.

Kim, who has over 25,000 followers on Instagram , says: "Vaginal strength is highly underrated in our culture.

"The art of vaginal ping pong shooting for example is unheard of in our parts.

"Yet in a lot of South East Asian countries it is a quite a popular sport.

"In the west there is some emphasis on building pelvic floor.

"But kegels are useless. I have countless woman coming to me over the years telling me that there kegels don't work.

"They have incontinence issues.

"Women don't want to talk about these things because they don't want to be the only woman these things don't work for."

kimanami
    Follow

#Things I Lift with My Vagina
    New year, new vagina.
    It’s that time you’ve all been waiting for: Vaginal Kung Fu 2015.
    The free video series is up, as a preview to the upcoming 8-week salon. If you haven’t watched them yet, you can sign up for access. Link in bio.

In celebration of this year’s salon, and to raise vaginal power—and pleasure— awareness globally, I have embarked on a new campaign:
    #thingsiliftwithmyvagina

This educational challenge features me traveling the world, lifting objects indigenous to various regions, with my vagina.
    Stay tuned for my vaginal adventures.

This is me in Venice Beach, with my special new surfboard carrier: my vagina.
    #thingsiliftwithmyvagina
    #vaginalkkungfu
    434 likes493 comments
    But she claims that the clenching exercises don't work for "50% of women" and insists many don't know how to execute them properly.

She said: "The way most people do them isn't very efficient.

"If you do feel like you're getting benefit from it, let me ask you this – can you move furtniture with your vagina?

"And if you can't then you have a lot further to go."

Kim embarked on a world tour with a difference in January.

She has been travelling the world taking pictures of her self lifting objects indigenous to various regions with her lady bits.

The objects are tied to a jade egg, which she inserts in her vagina.

And she has been sharing the colourful pictures along with the hashtag #ThingsILiftWithMyVagina.

Kim has already shown off her impressive vaginal kung fu in Australia, Asia and the USA.

In LA, she lifted a surfboard, gluten-free organic donuts, and cold-pressed juices.

While in Bali, she lifted coconuts, an array of tropical fruit, and a seashell.

And she is now embarking on the European leg of her tour and she needs your help.

Kim wants suggestions for locations/backgrounds to be featured in lifting spots, along with indigenous items she might lift.

To make your suggestions for her vagina snaps tag @kimanami and use the hashtag: #thingsiliftwithmyvagina. You can submit your suggestions until May 25
    How hard is it to lift a gluten-free organic donut?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Kim again

Always newsworthy.

Lifting items with my vagina has improved my sex life, claims sex and relationship expert
    17:58, 16 July 2015
    By Steve Myall

Mobile phones, shampoo bottles, oranges, apples “anything you can tie a string onto” are among the items Kim Anami says she has lifted

Exercise: Unusual technique to improve your life

Sex and relationship expert Kim Anami claims lifting items with her vagina has improved her sex life.

The mum of one says the exercises using household objects make better lovers of those taking part and promises they give an "emotional, mental, physical and spiritual reboot".

Kim who calls her technique Vaginal Kung Fu because it is "the study and mastery of something" runs online intimacy tutorials and retreats all over the world for curious couples.

The 44-year-old fitness instructor says her unique practice has given her own sex life a boost, adding: "My sex life has improved radically and when I started weight lifting with my vagina my partner noticed the difference immediately.

"I can have multiple orgasms, I'd say ten or fifteen orgasms in a row.

Kim Anami: Promises to improve sex life

"I can have an energy orgasm, which means an orgasm with takes place without touch, meaning I can have sex with my partner when he's on the other side of the room or even on the other side of the planet.

"So even hearing his voice or just thinking about him, I can have an orgasm."

Kim divides her time between tropical beaches, boats and villas in Los Angeles, Vancouver Bali and Indonesia

She has studied Tantric sex, Taoist philosophy, meditation and herbal medicine on her quest for greater sexual understanding.

She is adamant there is nothing exhibitionist about her gynecological gymnastic fitness scheme and is passionate in her belief that practicing vaginal Kung Fu will boost even the most jaded of sex lives.

Coconut: Lifting objects can improve your well being apparently

She said: "I really want people to transform from the inside out and what I've seen over and over again is that how we show up in bed is how we show up in life and you can actually change a lot of about your life when you examine your sexual expression and you try to shift and change patterns that you have and reconnect to your sexual self.

"Kung Fu is the study and mastery of something and in vaginal Kung Fu we're looking at it as a sexual martial art.

"In my work I'm teaching women to have ultimate mastery over their vagina.

"When you achieve a physically strong vagina you’re more emotionally attuned to yourself as a sexual being and you’re able to wield that power.

"My programme is an emotional, mental, physical and spiritual reboot for the vagina.

"When women reconnect to the vagina by strengthening it and waking it up, which is what we do in the vaginal weight lifting and Kung Fu practice, the end and more far reaching result is that they integrate more of who they are; their sexual being into themselves."

Strength: Simple technique uses jade egg

Her technique is simple and uses a jade egg with a hole drilled in it and loop of string attached.

She said: "You can just put a jade egg into your vagina, attach a bag and off you go.

"It's a brilliant domestic tool.

"I'm telling you.

"The sky is the limit.

"I'm fond of kitchen appliances because they're easier to loop things onto and coffee tables are great too.

"I'm looking at one in front of me that probably weighs about 60lb so I wouldn't be lifting that but there are a couple of smaller ones in the room and those would be fine.

"The things I can lift right now are hovering round the 10lb mark."

Kung Fu master Kim Anami

Kim says she has no desire to a Russian vaginal weight lifting champion called Tatania Kosnakova, who claims she can lift 30lb.

She said: "That's like lifting a two year-old child and I have a long way to go but to be honest it isn't a big goal of mine to actually overtake her.

"I feel like I may let her retain the title and I'll just continue to focus on other things but I think it's great that she has held that record and she's a great inspiration for us all.

"For me, I'm just pretty keen to have an extra way to carry my grocery bags and I have done that.

"Anyone can with the right training so if you ever need help with your groceries you don't need the checkout person to help you."

Kung Fu master Kim Anami

Kim is keen to spread the vaginal Kung Fu gospel to as many people as possible and her instagram campaign #thingsiliftwithmyvagina - where she photographs herself lifting various indigenous objects with her vagina in glamourous locations all over the world - has thousands of followers.

Her online photo album shows her lifting a dizzying array of objects with her vagina including surfboards, gym weights and amethysts crystals in LA and coconuts, shells and bananas in Bali.

She admits it's a bit tongue in cheek and said: "I wanted to do something humorous and fun but still aesthetically pleasing.

"It’s my way of being provocative and playful yet educational about the power of the vagina," argues Kim who admits that her Oscar-themed photo shoot on Hollywood Boulevard has attracted a phenomenal amount of attention.

"That was great fun. It was Oscar time and we had the idea that it would be great to lift an Oscar and we eventually decided to shoot it over the star of Hedy Lamarr, who was the first performer to have an orgasm on screen in a 1933 film called Ecstasy.

"I just thought, ‘this is perfect; Hedy’s got beauty, brains and a vagina.’

"It had it all and the public in Hollywood didn’t quite know what to make of this women in a sexy ****tail dress and high heels with this Oscar hanging between her legs but I've had no problems with the authorities and people have embraced the idea wherever I've been."

Kim's sexual adventures are going from strength to strength and she plans to bring the #thingsiliftwithmyvagina craze across the Atlantic this summer.

She said: "I'm definitely planning a European tour this summer and I’ll be coming to Spain, Italy, Germany and the UK and I'm thinking of holding a contest for the best suggestions for objects indigenous to those countries that I can lift with my vagina and autographing the winning entry as a prize.

"London is on my list too and I'd like to take a photograph of me lifting something in the Tate Modern – maybe a sculpture or something – or perhaps something to do with the British drinking culture.

"I'm always open to suggestions so please get in touch."

Details on Kim Anami’s eight-week online course which promises “a deep and comprehensive education of all things vagina” and consists of guided vaginal weight lifting routines that progress in difficulty each week, as well as techniques for better sex and orgasms can be found here .
    Energy orgasm FTW!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

is it actually from tcm or this woman just made it up?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Kim again

WATCH: 'Vaginal Kung-Fu' expert demonstrates how to lift WEIGHTS with your genitals

THE WOMAN claims vaginal weight-lifting can give women ‘the best sex of their lives’.

By LIZZIE MULHERIN
    PUBLISHED: 13:40, Wed, Feb 3, 2016 | UPDATED: 14:21, Wed, Feb 3, 2016

http://bcove.me/86vc1x5n

Forget bicep curls and squats, the muscular strength women should be developing is in their nether regions, according to a ‘Vaginal Kung Fu’ expert.

Sex and relationship expert Kim Anami believes that the power every woman holds is in between her legs.

The 44-year-old has proudly told of how she can lift coconuts, household objects and even a surfboard with her vagina.

Vagina kung fu woman lifting surboard
    RUARIDH CONNELLAN / BARCROFT USA

Kim believes the activity can not only empower women, but also cure depression
    Need to see it before you can believe it? Not a problem, she’s made a video to demonstrate.

Kim believes the activity can not only empower women, but also cure depression and even substitute botox.

She also claims it will give women ‘the best sex of their lives’.

Kim said: “Having a strong pelvic floor and vaginal muscles helps with everything from increasing libido, orgasmic potential… and preventing pelvic organ prolapse—especially after childbirth.”

Vaginal kung fu expert lifting weights
    RUARIDH CONNELLAN / BARCROFT USA

Kim Anami believes the power every woman holds is in between her legs
    She continued: “The practice creates an overall lift in the body—even a face lift. I have had clients stop using Botox because they took up vaginal weightlifting…

“Even depression can be eradicated by becoming more connected with your sexuality.”

So what’s the technique?

Kim ties a thin piece of string to a jade-covered egg, which is then inserted into her vagina. She attaches the other end of the string to whichever object she is lifting - be it weights, tropical fruits or even Oscar trophies.
    Is it her Oscar trophy lift that ttt-ed her? That's what I'm guessing.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Greetings,

"Kim ties a thin piece of string to a jade-covered egg"

Is this accurate? Because it sounds like a very serious injury if the egg collapses. I always thought it was a solid piece of jade that was shaped like an egg.

mickey

Chuckles...

How did they get the jade to form around the egg???

She has an interesting practice but her level of cultivation is questionable given her theatrics, IMHO.

I'd be interested to feel her pulse, though...

herb ox

Excellent niche product placement!
    Find your niche and fill it! Number 1 rule of marketing

Ftw

Yes, there is video. And yes, this made my Monday.

The most bizarre party trick ever? Woman allows friends to use a sledgehammer to smash BRICKS piled up on her crotch

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
    Chinese woman lies on her back as two others hold her legs wide apart
    A brick is placed on her crotch and a woman smashes a hammer down
    The lady squeals as the brick can be seen crumbling in the strange trick

By HARRIET MALLINSON FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 10:09 EST, 22 August 2016 | UPDATED: 10:09 EST, 22 August 2016

This must one of the strangest party tricks of all time - and not one many of us will fancy trying at home.
    In a truly bizarre scene, footage from China shows a woman lying on her back with her legs wide open as others smash bricks using a hammer... on her crotch.
    A group crowd around to watch the unusual form of entertainment and at one point even a young child can be seen spectating.
    Ouch! Bizarre moment women allows bricks hammered on crotch

In a truly bizarre scene, footage from China shows a woman lying on her back with her legs wide open as others smash bricks using a hammer... on her crotch

Two women hold her legs apart while a third dressed in a pink floaty gown wields what seems to be a sledgehammer

According to a caption alongside the video, the woman was 'showing off her vulva strength' - the result of years of practice.
    Two women hold her legs apart while a third dressed in a pink floaty gown wields what seems to be a sledgehammer.
    Large bricks are placed directly onto her pelvis and a countdown begins before the pink-clad woman taps the hammer down onto the brick.
    An squeal can be heard before the assembled crowd guffaw at the spectacle.
    The bricks seems partly smashed and bits tumble away as the man announcing the stunt asks the horizontal woman whether it hurts.
    Unsurprisingly the Chinese woman replies that it does but amazingly agrees for the act to be repeated.
    Again the hammer is swung down onto her nether regions before she is allow to rest her legs down.

Large bricks are placed directly onto her pelvis and a countdown begins before the pink-clad woman taps the hammer down onto the brick

The bricks seems partly smashed and bits tumble away as the man announcing the asks the horizontal woman whether it hurts - she says yes but is happy for act to be repeated

Again the hammer to swung down onto her nether regions before she is allow to rest her legs down. One woman then presses down on her bent legs as though to improve her flexibility

However it seems the unusual ordeal is not over as one of the woman seems to be pressing down on her bent legs as though to improve her flexibility and prepare her for another round.
    It's not known whether the woman sustained any injuries.
    The video has been shared to Weibo - China's equivalent of Twitter - and video-sharing site LiveLeak where it has been viewed several thousand times.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Kim Anami again

I should really track her down for an article, if for no other reason but to get some fresh photos.

Say Hello To 'Vaginal Kung-Fu’ - The Latest In The List Of Things That Can Fight Depression
    ARUSHI CHATURVEDI DECEMBER 20, 2016

Holistic sex, relationship coach and vaginal weight lifter Kim Anami has actually proved Betty White’s quote that went - “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”
    vagina

NOWNEWS.COM

Kim is the first ever woman to introduce Vaginal Kung-Fu to the world and she can lift almost anything, including bottles, coconuts, fruits and even surfboards using her super-strong vaginal muscles. According to the 44-year-old relationship and sex coach, every woman should be able to shoot ping pong balls with their vagina.

She believes the practice can even fight depression and increase sexual satisfaction.
    “Having a strong pelvic floor and vaginal muscles helps with everything from increasing libido, orgasmic potential and lubrication, eliminating incontinence, and preventing pelvic organ prolapse—especially after childbirth.” Kim's unusual technique is popular among women all around the world. In fact, thousands of them have even signed up to her online courses and 35,000 follow her directions on Instagram.
    Now, even sex therapists and gynaecologists are of the opinion that vaginal weightlifting has health benefits as long as you strengthen your pelvic and vaginal muscles little by little.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gwyneth Paltrow

This just popped up on Gwyneth Paltrow's popular Women's site GOOP.

Better Sex: Jade Eggs for Your Yoni
    From Kegels and the Elvie to vaginal steaming and even laser treatments, we’re not shy here at goop about our interest in keeping our sexual/reproductive systems in optimal health. So when beauty guru/healer/inspiration/friend Shiva Rose started talking about jade eggs, we wanted to hear more.

SHIVA ROSE
    ROSE QUARTZ & JADE EGGS
    goop, $55-66

The strictly guarded secret of Chinese royalty in antiquity—queens and concubines used them to stay in shape for emperors—jade eggs harness the power of energy work, crystal healing, and a Kegel-like physical practice. Fans say regular use increases chi, orgasms, vaginal muscle tone, hormonal balance, and feminine energy in general. Shiva Rose has been practicing with them for about seven years, and raves about the results; we tried them, too, and were so convinced we put them into the goop shop.

Jade eggs’ power to cleanse and clear make them ideal for detox; here, Shiva Rose answers all our questions and shares her jade egg tips for improving your sex life, your cycle, and your overall well-being.

A Q&A with Shiva Rose
    Q

How did you learn first about jade eggs?

A

I learned about the jade egg through the yoga community that I was in, and I sort of went down the rabbit hole of researching the practice—there was not as much information about it then as there is now. But it made intuitive sense to me: The word for our womb, yoni, translates as “sacred place”, and it is a sacred place—it’s where many women access their intuition, their power, and their wisdom. It’s this inner sanctum that we can access when it’s not in use creating life. Sadly most people use it as a psychic trash bin, storing old or negative energy. I see it as a place to celebrate ourselves as sexual, powerful beings, or as mothers, not a place to carry negative or un-dealt-with emotions. I’ve always been into crystals, so learning about jade eggs (which are gems) has been a natural progression for me—this particular jade, nephrite jade, has incredible clearing, cleansing powers. It’s a dark, deep green and very heavy—it’s a great stone for taking away negativity.

Q

What are the benefits?

A

Jade eggs can help cultivate sexual energy, increase orgasm, balance the cycle, stimulate key reflexology around vaginal walls, tighten and tone, prevent uterine prolapse, increase control of the whole perineum and bladder, develop and clear chi pathways in the body, intensify feminine energy, and invigorate our life force. To name a few!

The jade creates kidney strength—it’s known as jing in Chinese energy, and it’s all about sexual potency, and even beauty—if your hormones are balanced, your skin will look better. It’s a holistic combination of things, where one benefit builds to another. Jade also takes away negativity and cleanses—it’s a very heavy material, very powerful.

Q

What about the tradition, history, and story of it resonated with you?

A

My imagination goes a little nuts, imagining these concubines in ancient Chinese temples, secretly running the country through the jade eggs! It’s funny, that the eggs started as a way to please the emperors and they turned out to be so empowering for any woman who used them—kept them feeling and looking youthful, connected them to their inner power. They didn’t have things like bioidentical hormones in those days—this was an incredible, secret practice that benefited everybody. I was curious about how the royal families kept it secret for so many eons. I also love the Taoist practice that involves taking in the energy from the egg, imagining energy filtering up through the yoni, up through the spine, out through the top of your head, and a practice of trying to keep that energy above your belly button, like a star of energy for yourself.

Contemporary rituals are great, too: I went to a beautiful women’s forest gathering in Northern California—we did a jade egg ceremony out under the redwoods—it was amazing.

Q

What were your expectations when you tried it? Did you have hopes for it, skepticism, or just an open mind?

A

I found myself frustrated in the beginning when I didn’t feel things happen right away—it takes around a month of daily use to really start perceiving the results. Now, of course, I miss it if I don’t do it; I’ve become much more sensitive.

I got divorced 8 years ago, then had a break-up after that, so the idea of clearing my energy made a lot of sense to me. I loved the idea that since we use our brain, why not use this area of our body, one that’s about giving life, where we hold so much of our intuition and wisdom?

I didn’t expect it to help with my hormones to the extent that it did: I became much more regular, much more balanced.

Q

Is there an age or type of woman that benefits most?

A

Once sexually active, women of any age respond to the egg—who doesn’t want their muscles more toned, their libido and lubrication increased, and their hormones balanced? People definitely use them differently—for instance, some women sleep with the egg in, but some women feel too much energy from the egg for that long a stretch. Either way, for any age, the key is regular, daily practice.

Q

What results have you seen? How quickly did they come? Have other results unfolded over time?

A

After about a month, I really saw a difference in my cycle. I’d had hormone imbalances, and the jade egg made my whole cycle much, much more regular.

One friend said her lover really noticed a (positive) change, and you definitely do discover a lot of positives in that vein! Really, you get better connected to the power within you: We are so powerful as women, and we forget that, and this is a gateway to really get in touch with it. We have this whole space we can access to shift our energy and transform ourselves.

And, this is a weird one, but I sometimes feel people are more attracted to you when you’re carrying a jade egg—my 20-year-old daughter was joking about it one day, we were walking down the street and she was like, “Mom, are you wearing a jade egg?!”

Q

How is it different from say, a regular Kegel practice?

A

There are similarities; one of the things I learned through this practice, though, is that a lot of women (including me, originally) are doing kegels wrong: It turns out you can overdo it and the Kegels can end up working in reverse! So the idea with the jade egg and Kegels is you need a rest period. You tighten your muscles, of course, but the key is, you then have to relax, fully. In the West, we often have that more-is-more attitude, and we end up not taking the breath we need between the Kegels.

You learn in this practice that the yoni is divided into three floors, the entrance, the middle zone, and the cervix. As you work with the egg, you start to perceive and understand the different zones. You use your finger, and you’ll be able to feel the different floors and the impact the egg practice has on them.

Q

How do we start?

A

When you first get your egg, boil it for a few minutes to make sure it’s clean. It’s your sacred space, so it’s like making sure your feet are clean when you enter a temple. For me, it’s not just about physical cleansing—you can put it out under the light of a full moon to cleanse or recharge it like a crystal, or you could burn sage—the egg does absorb energy, so really clearing it when you first get it is a great thing to do.

Before I insert an egg, I’ll do a ritual: I place it on a beautiful piece of fabric, light a candle, maybe even burn some sage. For my ritual, I imagine pure light flowing between me and the egg.

Then I think it’s important to set an intention, as you would in meditation, before putting the egg in. It’s first and foremost about clearing energy and cleansing, so your intention could be about releasing past relationships, or medical issues, childbirth—anything.

Specific instructions come with each egg, explaining exactly how to insert it: Use your finger, and don’t get discouraged—remember, it’s a practice. If you stand up and the egg falls out, don’t worry—it’s totally normal. It’s recommended that you start with a medium-size egg, which is heavier. I can only use the medium lying down; I can sleep with it, or I just do the practice lying down. The smaller size is for standing up, but most experts say it’s important to start with the harder one, which is the medium.

Always wrap the egg in silk, keep it clean, and store it on an altar—it should take a sacred place in your life.

Q

Can the egg get stuck or lost?
    continued next post
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips