Thread: Stance against leg shooting

Blog Entries

Stance against leg shooting

Have you noticed that he had changed his strategy twice within just few seconds. Your comment?

http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    your impression of a leg shot and mine are 2 different things.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    My student who has 15 years in wrestling also likes to put his hand in front of his knee too. When your opponent shoots at your leg, your hand can "under hook" his leading shoulder and stop his forward momentum.

I watched the video and what they were doing is not a single leg or double in any since.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Blog Entries
    I watched the video and what they were doing is not a single leg or double in any since.
    His opponent didn't use single leg or double legs but he had to prepare for it.

Both single leg and double legs are to use your "hands" to attack your opponent's leg/legs. What he used in that match was to use his "leg" to attack his opponent's leg (with foot sweep, and outer hook).
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-08-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Both single leg and double legs are to use your "hands" to attack your opponent's leg/legs.
    agree but there are many other things involved than just the placement of hands when performing either.

Creating momentum, body position, changing of levels, position of your opponent, head up, spine vertical, hooking, transition, etc...etc...

Blog Entries
    agree but there are many other things involved than just the placement of hands when performing either.

Creating momentum, body position, changing of levels, position of your opponent, head up, spine vertical, hooking, transition, etc...etc...
    That would be true for all throwing skill. The single leg and double legs are not suitable to be used in the SC tournament. Since your body are so close to the ground, if your opponent just uses a bit of downward force, your opponent can force you to have 2 points besides your feet to touch the ground, and that round will end right there.

But since there are a lot of wrestlers who also compete in SC tournament. SC guys have to be cautious about the "leg shooting".
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-08-2014 at 12:58 PM.

same here no point discussing it because its not a leg shot in anyway

Those are hooks and trips.

Here's an example of single leg shot practice:
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Here's an example of a double leg shot practice:
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Proper stance against leg shooting.

Just try and stance anything you like on this guy. But you're going down, it's just a question of if you are going down hard or going down laughing...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Just try and stance anything you like on this guy. But you're going down, it's just a question of if you are going down hard or going down laughing...
    Or you could just side step him and by the time he turns around you'll be at home eating dinner. I don't care how fast a sumo cat can get, a guy half his size that puts in the same effort in training will always be out of his reach if they so choose. Assuming you don't trap yourself, that is.

These guys can be quite fast, but when it comes to the feet it's relative to the sport. There is no way a sumo can beat a guy half his size in a foot race given the same effort in training.

Tittay man is coming for you if you're gonna have that attitude!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

That clip of the tittay man looks painful. Not because I think he could actually get a hold of me, but rather for his sake. It's a good thing he held his head up or else he might have received some black eyes.

My stance against leg shooting is that this fellow in the clip below shouldn't be a firearms instructor.

Back on topic. I don't think the clip in the opening post is a decent leg shoot. I use sprawl, bow and arrow, and kicks/knees to defend against the shoot. I almost always try to spin on top to get the shooters back, or just sprawl and stand back up, but if I'm taken down then it's onto the ground game. If the front choke presents then I will take that. In a real fight, if I see the shoot in time, I would step back in a bow and arrow and use an iron palm strike to the great hammer (top of spine just above the shoulder blades) and walk away. I practice that last one but thankfully have never used it for realz. Hopefully it'll work as planned if ever needed. Yeah, that about sums it up.