Thread: Iron palm and other iron skills ??

Iron palm and other iron skills ??

Not sure if this is the best place to post this question?

A little background info--I have some previous experience with external and internal kung fu.

I purchased a Wing Lam iron palm book and videos. I followed everything pretty closely the first 3 months, but life (so to speak) is getting in the way of my training. Wing Lam says to train iron palm 2 or 3 times everyday (that's 14 or even 21 training sessions in a week) or at least, every other day. At the moment, I can't find time to train the iron skill more than once every other day. Am I wasting my time?? Or is it possible to develop iron palm/iron skill training as little as 3 or 4 times a week???

Thanks,

Keith
    Last edited by Keith76; 02-15-2014 at 11:42 PM.

how old r u?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Thank you SKM.

I will go slow and methodically and continue to train at least four sessions per week. Hopefully, in the future, I will find time to increase the number of secessions.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    how old r u?
    Not young. Lol

I'm 37.

you are getting old, your vitality is fading. this is your last chance to train kung fu seriously. if you have no time, then make time.

you are getting old, your vitality is fading.
    And my hair is starting to turn gray.

If I still have some vitality to train kung fu, that's a good thing. I would like to do what I can with the few good years I have left.

training once every other day is ok if you just wana fuk around, and enjoy giving money for exotic dance lessons. but it sounds like the renewed passion for kung fu is related to mid life crisis. so its up to you.

training once every other day is ok if you just wana fuk around, and enjoy giving money for exotic dance lessons. but it sounds like the renewed passion for kung fu is related to mid life crisis. so its up to you.
    The passion has been there since childhood. Unfortunately, I'd say I've had more hindrances than most. Wish I had your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith76 View Post
    The passion has been there since childhood. Unfortunately, I'd say I've had more hindrances than most. Wish I had your life.
    I at college. I go to mma club 7-10 pm, no bus, I go to my laboratory , eat piece of dry meat, sleep under the desk. I use paper towel roll as pillow. wake up 8 am class 8 30. for my 1 hour lunch break I lift weight 45 min eat for 5 min. if you don't have time make time.

I at college. I go to mma club 7-10 pm, no bus, I go to my laboratory , eat piece of dry meat, sleep under the desk. I use paper towel roll as pillow. wake up 8 am class 8 30. for my 1 hour lunch break I lift weight 45 min eat for 5 min. if you don't have time make time.
    Dude. Carry hot sauce and a pillow with you. Make the hard things suck less.

It's easier to eat bitter if you bring a little salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith76 View Post
    Not young. Lol

I'm 37.
    Keith, 37 is still fairly young. You may not be 'spring chicken' young, but barring any health issues, etc., you've still got more than only a few good years left. There's a ton of people on these boards who are much older than that. The more you emphasize in your mind how 'old' you are, the more it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Train sensibly, but also realize that age can be a state of mind, too.

Best of luck to you.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 02-17-2014 at 08:26 AM.

pretty sure we had a post floating around here somewhere on iron skills Keith