Thread: 54

Drove through a snowstorm to see the Lego Movie and have dinner out with the hubby,

...and turned 54 today!

Everything is awesome! (And that will be an earworm if you see this movie!)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  62.1 KB
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Ahh, real snow. I miss that fluffy stuff! All we get here is a little bit of a dusting and some ice. You wear 54 like a 30-something, and what a great smile.

Happy birthday TaichiMantis!

Happy Birthday!

It keeps trying to snow here. To be honest, I just want it to go away. It just rains the next day and all we have left is a few inches of pure nasty. bluh. I like dry snow, but this wet stuff is a nightmare. And my left shoe seems to be leaking. All day with one wet foot, lol. It sets off my OCD!
    Last edited by Syn7; 02-17-2014 at 07:21 PM.

Happy B-Day!

It's been a tough winter...about 66 degrees and mostly sunny here today!

Thanks guys! I'm a kid at heart. I love snow!!! This has been the best winter in quite a while. Consistent snowfall with no major melting in between.
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Belated HBD, TaichiMantis!

I saw your name come up on my facebook, and thought 'I know that name' but didn't put it together (often the case with my fb friends who use forum names). Hope you had a great one.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I saw your name come up on my facebook, and thought 'I know that name' but didn't put it together (often the case with my fb friends who use forum names). Hope you had a great one.
    I did! Thanks! Although the shovelling commenced today...the tai chi way Taichi stance push shovel to forward stance, turn to horse stance, lift full shovel with legs, turn back to side stance with full shovel, turn back to front stance flinging snow up and to the right onto a 10 foot pile....repeat for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    I did! Thanks! Although the shovelling commenced today...the tai chi way Taichi stance push shovel to forward stance, turn to horse stance, lift full shovel with legs, turn back to side stance with full shovel, turn back to front stance flinging snow up and to the right onto a 10 foot pile....repeat for an hour.
    I respect your commitment to training, but really, this is the ONLY way to shovel snow.

Awesome! Maybe for my next bd!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    I respect your commitment to training, but really, this is the ONLY way to shovel snow.
    That is some lazy shit right there, lol.

It's always fun when you go down the youtube link rabbit hole. You click one tab, it sucks but you see another that may be cool. Nope, it sucks too. You do this till you get to one that doesn't suck. It's amazing how much time you can throw away w/ youtube.

Anyways, not sure this is the direction I would take, but I respect the effort.

He should mount a salt spreader on the back. Would help with traction and, of course, throw some salt around. Throw some gears on there to help when it's heavy.

Happy belated B-day! Glad it was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDan View Post
    Happy belated B-day! Glad it was a good one.
    Thanks SD! Had fun in a blizzard...