Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest WCI and WCK history

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    How about his brother........... Leung Chun

http://www.wingchunpedia.org/pmwiki/...=WCP.LeungChun

Thats my Lineage
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Well!!
    FWIW historiography is a major requirement in graduate work in historical research!!

But in wing chun "historians" are not in short supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Well!!
    FWIW historiography is a major requirement in graduate work in historical research!!

But in wing chun "historians" are not in short supply.
    Hey joy, only showing what I've been told, my instructor learnt of Juno Chung and the ancestors correlate with a couple of other practitioners overseas lineage as well

Hey joy, only showing what I've been told, my instructor learnt of Juno Chung and the ancestors correlate with a couple of other practitioners overseas lineage as well
    ---------

Hi Glenn-understood.
    joy

Wtxs wrote:

Ron , Ron, Ron. If you have not figured it out by now, you gonna have to wait a looong looong time.
    Oh I've figured it out! Did you notice how he completely avoided answering my questions put to him!

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Hendrik,

Don't you get it? Don't you see???

The true origin of Wing Chun is not to be found in Snakes or Cranes!

It is to be found only in that most dangerous of all of God's creatures ..... Man!

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    Oh I've figured it out! Did you notice how he completely avoided answering my questions put to him!
    He can't help it ... it's in his "DNA".

All this posting by Hendrik seems to be aimed at one thing .... some sort of recognition and validation of his "theories", writings and youtube vids. It seems more about him getting his rocks off being "recognized" for his writings and statements than it does about actually furthering Wing Chun as an art!

If he gets people like Sergio to "recognize" his writings then it validates him as a person and I think Hendrik is one individual who seeks, no, needs this type of validation to feel worthy.

He feels this will place him in a special and honorable position within the Wing Chun community as someone "special" who discovered the "Real Wing Chun" (Whatever that is!) which is why he posts ad-nauseam here on this forum with his "discoveries" (in reality his views).

He feels this will show him as one of the few who knows real Wing Chun. That people who were critical of him will now be forced to acknowledge him ... again his need for validation.

He is so obsessed with 1850's Wing Chun, with Snakes & Cranes that he is missing out on the wonders and enjoyment of simply doing the art for himself.

Personally, I find his obsession very sad in what must be a lonely form of existence.

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Ron,

Please keep your opinion for yourself.

You don't know me and we have never met.

No one will help you if you keep playing the " if you don't give me what I want, I will do anything to you" behavior. Those are a Robber behavior. And not everyone will put up to such behavior .

This is a wing chun kuen forum under the threat of WCI and WCK history lets not drift away from the topic.

All this posting by Hendrik seems to be aimed at one thing .... some sort of recognition and validation of his "theories", writings and youtube vids. It seems more about him getting his rocks off being "recognized" for his writings and statements than it does about actually furthering Wing Chun as an art!

If he gets people like Sergio to "recognize" his writings then it validates him as a person and I think Hendrik is one individual who seeks, no, needs this type of validation to feel worthy.

He feels this will place him in a special and honorable position within the Wing Chun community as someone "special" who discovered the "Real Wing Chun" (Whatever that is!) which is why he posts ad-nauseam here on this forum with his "discoveries" (in reality his views).

He feels this will show him as one of the few who knows real Wing Chun. That people who were critical of him will now be forced to acknowledge him ... again his need for validation.

He is so obsessed with 1850's Wing Chun, with Snakes & Cranes that he is missing out on the wonders and enjoyment of simply doing the art for himself.

Personally, I find his obsession very sad in what must be a lonely form of existence.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-04-2014 at 07:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    How about his brother........... Leung Chun http://www.wingchunpedia.org/pmwiki/...=WCP.LeungChun
    Thats my Lineage. my instructor learnt of Juno Chung and the ancestors correlate with a couple of other practitioners overseas lineage as well
    Hi Glen,
    Were you ever able to locate the Jan's style wing chun sifu Chung Yuk Kwai from NYC or his students Jose Ramos?
    also how does your linage differ from yip man's linage?

Here is what one of his student wrote "Sifu Tei was initially taught Wing Chun by one of Ip Man’s students (Sifu Chung Yuk Kwai) Lineage: Yip Man -> Chung Yuk Kwai -> Todd Shawn Tei " http://www.kungfuwingchun.com/sifu-todd-shawn-tei http://www.everythingwingchun.com/to...dvds-s/217.htm
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 03-04-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Sounds like sour grapes because he chooses not to share his info with you at the moment. Be patient. You should know that this is a typical chinese mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    Hi Glen,
    Were you ever able to locate the Jan's style wing chun sifu Chung Yuk Kwai from NYC or his students Jose Ramos?
    also how does your linage differ from yip man's linage?

Here is what one of his student wrote "Sifu Tei was initially taught Wing Chun by one of Ip Man’s students (Sifu Chung Yuk Kwai) Lineage: Yip Man -> Chung Yuk Kwai -> Todd Shawn Tei " http://www.kungfuwingchun.com/sifu-todd-shawn-tei http://www.everythingwingchun.com/to...dvds-s/217.htm
    Hey KFF
    No, i never got a response from Chung Kwai or indeed Todd Shawn Tei ,and had no luck in locating Jose Ramos.
    And i wasmt through lack of trying.

FWIW, Junno Chung and Chung Yuk Kwai may claim the same lineage (Leung Chung via the mysterious Chung Mei.... he's the link) but they ALSO claim to have learnt of Yip Man at one stage.
    Hers an old photo of Junno with one of his original members;

http://www.ewingchun.com/sifus/chris-spanos

So they both claim an odd Lineage, and both also claim tutelage from Yip Man.......... youd ignore it all if the family tree didnt line up.

Anyway, who knows, maybe they are long separated brothers!

And how did it differ? Very tight stance (knees a fist distance apart) adhered to the elbow on the centreline and had a somewhat similar feel to the WSL ballistic energy Kev (used to) talk about.
    I maybe bias, but it was a very good style

Blog Entries
    Hey KFF
    No, i never got a response from Chung Kwai or indeed Todd Shawn Tei ,and had no luck in locating Jose Ramos.
    And i wasmt through lack of trying.

FWIW, Junno Chung and Chung Yuk Kwai may claim the same lineage (Leung Chung via the mysterious Chung Mei.... he's the link) but they ALSO claim to have learnt of Yip Man at one stage.
    Hers an old photo of Junno with one of his original members;

http://www.ewingchun.com/sifus/chris-spanos

So they both claim an odd Lineage, and both also claim tutelage from Yip Man.......... youd ignore it all if the family tree didnt line up.

Anyway, who knows, maybe they are long separated brothers!

And how did it differ? Very tight stance (knees a fist distance apart) adhered to the elbow on the centreline and had a somewhat similar feel to the WSL ballistic energy Kev (used to) talk about.
    I maybe bias, but it was a very good style
    Thanks for the reply Glen!
    I wonder if this system's body structure is close to Kulo Pin sun wing chun.

Photo of Leung Bik:

http://kwansao.wordpress.com/2012/04...-of-leung-bik/

Do we believe it??????

Please keep your opinion for yourself.
    Why? Your the one who has posted your opinions to the point of nausea here on this very forum yet you want to deny anyone else having an opinion? Sorry but you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you can post your opinions then so can I and many others. It's called Free Speech!

You don't know me and we have never met.
    True. We have never met and I am doubtless we ever will due to your rather secretive attitude when it comes to explaining your published opinions here within this forum.

No one will help you if you keep playing the " if you don't give me what I want, I will do anything to you" behavior. Those are a Robber behavior. And not everyone will put up to such behavior
    Sorry but your way off on left field with this one? "If you don't give me what I want, I will do anything to you"??? Sorry but I don't understand your meaning here? All I am asking of you is to publish and share the full information (Sources, validation of same) etc of the very things YOU HAVE STATED ON THESE THREADS! I and many others just want to get to the facts (Not your "opinions" of which you apparently have many) behind what you have posted in these forums. "Robber Behavior??? WTF Hendrik? I'm not trying to "rob" you or anyone else! I just want you to share what you say you have as the facts behind what you write here! For F#@k Sake Man, Grow Up!

"And not everyone will put up to such behavior" There you go AGAIN ... offering your "opinion!" Hendrik, you don't speak for others on this forum most of whom you probably have never met or know anything about (Sound familiar Hendrik? ) so keep your opinions on others to yourself!

Oh and Hendrik, stop avoiding the real issues here!!!

Ron Goninan
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Sounds like sour grapes because he chooses not to share his info with you at the moment. Be patient. You should know that this is a typical chinese mindset.
    Hooold on a minute there K, I knooow you're not meaning to stereo type, but you hurt my feeling by lumping me and other sane Chinese in there with Hendrik!