Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iron body training questions

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    have u lost weight or just not showing ur belleh

strong back of ox
    LOL!! No, hiding the belly. Unfortunately, as much insulin as I take for my diabetes, I will never lose weight. Hard enough just trying not to gain more.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    Your teacher doesn't have an another method to teach you?
    He does. I decided on my own to check around to see what others are doing to see if there was any preferred methods.

if you trained "years ago" and the only kung fu you learned was shaolin do (LOL) I recommend you just let go of your ego and desires and train for health. do some gentle tapping and light weit lifting. you get to stay mobile in your joints, reduce osteoporosis and have better overall health

if u try to go hardcore you gonna get wrecked in 2 months then quit kung fu forever
    Laugh all you want at the shaolin do. At the time it was the best I could find.

Didn't realize that getting wrecked meant quitting in 2 months time but I guess that depends on how you define wrecked. I do train for health before anything else. Can't say I care much for weight lifting though. Resistance band and kettle band training has been working nicely for me. I prefer free weights but I'm usually working out alone. Also been using CoC #1 to improve on my grip which I know isn't much but had to start somewhere. I'm going to keep raising the bar a little higher each week to see what all I can do.

For the legs, I am going to go with the gentle tapping method with the rolling and slowly increase it from there over time.

Thanks for all the responses.
    Last edited by Wannabemonk; 03-06-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Don't complain if you die from blood clots.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabemonk View Post

Laugh all you want at the shaolin do. At the time it was the best I could find.
    *yoda voice
    and that is why you will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabemonk View Post
    Can't say I care much for weight lifting though.
    hard.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Can't say I care much for weight lifting though
    you want strength? pretty dam good place to start getting it.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

To reply the first two questions of the thread,

(1) Rollerbar method - I heard of it several years ago that its effect is similar to certain skin cosmetics treatment in changing the skin surface. But in MA hard conditioning, its effect is to change the contour of bones. It is used to make sharp bone edge rounder, for example, on the shin bone. I agree with the effect. However, I do not carry out such training as it is too much work for me. I only hit the bones, as hitting is the main method used in hard conditioning.

(2) Sand bucket - I frankly have not heard of it. Again I speculate that it is a strength training exercise (lifting weight). Strengthening our muscles is certainly necessary for hard conditioning.

Regards,

KC
    Hong Kong

when you are healthy smack yourself with a stick. when you have concussion from sparring, you cannot have any shocks or impacts, so you roll with the stick instead, and you rub your head against a wall. the two methods are complementary with each other.

iron body is light tapping just like iron palm, it follows daoist sword smithing concepts of tempering.

gentle tapping yourself with stick or rubber hammer is a common exercise for old Chinese people, theres nothing dangerous unless you go full retard
    Last edited by bawang; 03-11-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

when you are healthy smack yourself with a stick. when you have concussion from sparring, you cannot have any shocks or impacts, so you roll with the stick instead, and you rub your head against a wall. the two methods are complementary with each other.

iron body is light tapping just like iron palm, it follows daoist sword smithing concepts of tempering.

gentle tapping yourself with stick or rubber hammer is a common exercise for old Chinese people, theres nothing dangerous unless you go full retard
    Never go full retard.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Never go full retard.
    with this forum, you are waaaaaaaayyyyyyy tooooooooooo laaaatttttttttteeeeee
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....