Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Godzilla

Hybrid View

Thumbs up Godzilla Honored with Star in Hollywood

'Bout time, I say.
    Accepting the honor on behalf of the self-proclaimed "King of the Monsters" was the 5-foot-4-inch-tall Japanese actor who plays Godzilla on screen, Tsutomo Kitagawa. The actor donned the fearsome rubber suit he wears in his latest picture, "Godzilla Final Wars," which opens on Dec. 4 in Japan.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

yes it is about time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Agreed.
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

awesome, that dude totally deserves. Stopping around in Tokyo can' be easy, and beating all those super monsters into a pulp for a movie has to wear on you.
    makes me want to go pick this up!

http://www.toysnjoys.com/usps2/godzillasavetheearth.jpg

The Man Who Was Godzilla

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Godzilla

I hadn't even heard about this 'til a few days ago. At first, I was averse to the idea of another American version of Godzilla, but this trailer has got me interested. It looks like they're actually getting back to the concept behind the 1954 original. At the very least, it appears it'll be 100 times better than the abysmal 1998 Matthew Broderick movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc&sns=em
    Last edited by Jimbo; 03-05-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Greetings Jimbo,

It does look like it is going back to the source.

When you look at what is going on in Fukishima, it would have been better if they had sat on this movie until that matter is fully addressed. Because of the hush on what is really going on, there is the possibility of a backlash in the form of a active boycott or in the form of a generalized lack of interest.

The following clip is less than 18 minutes. The person who made this has a really good feel for this genre:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxO3k7kBlxk

mickey

You guys know you can embed videos now, right?

There's a little icon at the right end of the fourth box on the second row that looks like two cells of a film strip (I know, right? What's a film strip? ). Click that and you can insert a YouTube clip into your post. You can go back now and edit your previous posts using that function.

As for the new Godzilla, I miss a guy in a rubber suit. That is the heart and soul of true tokusatsu. It's all in the miniature models and smashing them in a rubber monster suit. When I was a kid, I dreamed of being the guy in the rubber suit.

That being said, this does look very promising, and I might just have to go IMAX 3D for it.

Didn't Godzilla say he was going to quit making action films?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

@ mickey:

Hi! I don't know if the Fukushima disaster will affect the movie or not, and I had not thought of that. OTOH, the original 1954 movie was an allegory for the atomic bomb/nuclear testing. I'm just not sure that Japanese audiences will watch another American kaiju movie. Last year, Pacific Rim bombed in Japan. As far as the U.S. and other countries, I doubt that Fukushima will affect the movie either way. IMO, the movie will most likely succeed or fail on its own.

@ Gene:

I've tried to embed, but I haven't been able to yet with my ipad. I'd have to go back to the Apple store for a tutorial...and that alone wouldn't be worth the trip. So for now, y'all will have to click twice on my links!

BTW, one of the BIG reasons I loved the Godzilla and other kaiju films as a kid were the film scores of Akira Ifukube. They just don't make 'em like these anymore.

Godzilla (1954, Main Title)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxyWsK1tK3w&sns=em

Godzilla (1954, Godzilla Under the Sea)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl54mC8xdNI&sns=em

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero (1965, Main Title)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smnWKHVNw-g&sns=em

Destroy All Monsters (1968, Main Title Theme)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nrb1RkenWk&sns=em

Destroy All Monsters (1968, Four Monsters Attack Tokyo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_A9Q2yz2Dk&sns=em

These are only a few examples.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 03-09-2014 at 06:21 PM.

WOW!!! This flick is starting to look really good......

Greetings,

Take a look (and I did try to embed-- she didn't have the look I wanted to know better) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyV7VuG3XCw

mickey

Linking some threads: Ultraman+Godzilla+Tokusatsu

I was a huge Tokusatsu fan growing up. Still am actually so these new anime versions of Ultraman don't quite do it for me. Although I must confess that I really enjoyed the new Godzilla animes (I should review those on the forum some day).

Being Asian, the only role models on TV that were my race were Mr. Sulu, tokusatsu characters like Ultraman and of course, Kung Fu movies. Much of my family is in Hawaii so when growing up, I visited often. There was a whole expanded world of tokusatsu there because Hawaii imported a lot of Japanese TV. So I was more of a fan of Ultra-Seven and the extended Ultra family because it was cooler. But truly, it was all about Kikaider for me. There was a live-action reboot of that a few years ago, but I still have yet to see that.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Godzilla & Nissin Cup Noodles

GODZILLA X NISSIN CUP NOODLES® LANYARD AND PIN SET (2022 CON EXCLUSIVE)
    $ 30.00
    Limited to 800 pieces worldwide!

Take the world’s most famous kaiju with you anywhere! The Godzilla x Nissin Cup Noodles® Lanyard and 4pc Pin Set features Godzilla and the incredibly delicious Cup Noodles® for a tasty mashup that will help you keep track of badges, keys, and more. It includes a colorful printed lanyard and a 4-pack of 1.5” enamel pins to enjoy!
    Noodles
    Godzilla
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

'Godzilla' crocodile ramen

Taiwan restaurant launches 'Godzilla' crocodile ramen
    Customer says steamed crocodile resembles chicken, braised version tastes like pork feet
    By Lyla Liu, Taiwan News, Staff Writer
    2023/06/26 16:08

A restaurant in Douliu City introduces "Godzilla" ramen featuring crocodile meat as its main ingredient. (Facebook, Nu Wu Mao Kuei photo)
    TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — A restaurant in Douliu City, Yunlin County debuted its "Godzilla" ramen featuring crocodile meat as its main ingredient.

Nu Wu Mao Kuei (女巫貓葵) announced on Facebook the launch of its "Godzilla" ramen, which is prepared by steaming or braising the front leg of a crocodile. In a clip, a young female customer samples both flavors and describes the dish as surprisingly delicious.

She says the steamed version of the dish resembles chicken, while the braised meat has a taste similar to pork feet. The soup contains over 40 spices, and the owner reportedly learned how to make the spicy "witch soup" during a trip to Thailand, SETN reported

The crocodiles used for this dish are sourced from a farm in Taitung. The owner was inspired by the giant isopods ramen, which went viral at another restaurant.

The owner has reportedly received private messages from those expressing interest in the dish, but so far, only several bloggers have tried it. Taiwanese actress Ning Chang (張鈞甯) visited the store and complimented their beef noodle, according to the Facebook page.

The dish is priced at NT$1,500 (US$48) per bowl and is exclusively available for dining inside. The restaurant requires online bookings, as the farm provides only about two portions per day.

"Godzilla" ramen features crocodile meat in spicy soup. (Facebook, Nu Wu Mao Kuei video)
    Chinese-food
    Godzilla
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

24-Hour Godzilla Channel Coming to Pluto TV

24-Hour Godzilla Channel Coming to Pluto TV With Exclusive Films
    By NICK VALDEZ - June 27, 2023 10:00 am EDT

Godzilla is coming to Pluto TV with a huge new channel dedicated to showing off tons of Godzilla movies and shows 24 hours a day with some exclusive films to boot! TOHO's famous Kaiju has been stomping through many eras since the giant monster was first introduced back in the 1950s, and has since amassed a massive library of TV shows and movies that fans still enjoy to this day. Now Pluto TV has made checking out your favorite Godzilla projects easier than ever before with a new streaming channel with the platform highlighting all of the biggest and best Godzilla outings over the years!

Pluto TV has announced a new Godzilla channel filled with not only classics such as the original 1954 Godzilla debut film, Godzilla vs. Megalon, and more but even left-field additions such as the animated Godzilla: The Series from the late '90s and early '00s. But the biggest surprise is that this new Godzilla channel will also offer up seven Godzilla films that are exclusive to Pluto TV as fans won't be able to find them streaming anywhere else. Read on to see the massive list of movies and TV shows coming to Pluto TV's new Godzilla channel launching on July 1st.

(Photo: Pluto TV)
    Godzilla Movies and Shows Coming to Pluto TV

All Monsters Attack (Godzilla's Revenge)
    Godzilla 1999
    Godzilla 2000
    Godzilla (1954)
    Godzilla Raids Again
    Godzilla: King of the Monsters (1956)
    Mothra
    Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster
    Mothra vs. Godzilla
    Invasion of the Astro-Monster
    Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster)
    Son of Godzilla
    Destroy All Monsters
    Godzilla vs. Hedorah
    Godzilla vs. Gigan
    Godzilla vs. Megalon
    Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla
    Terror of Mechagodzilla
    The Return of Godzilla / Godzilla 1985 (Pluto TV Exclusive)
    Godzilla vs. Biollante (Pluto TV Exclusive)
    Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (Pluto TV Exclusive)
    Godzilla vs. Mothra (Pluto TV Exclusive)
    Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 2 (Pluto TV Exclusive)
    Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (Pluto TV Exclusive)
    Godzilla vs. Destroyah (Pluto TV Exclusive)
    Rebirth of Mothra
    Rebirth of Mothra 2
    Rebirth of Mothra 3
    Godzilla: The Series
    Godzilla vs. Megaguirus
    Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monster All-Out Attack
    Godzilla Against MechaGodzilla
    Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.
    Godzilla: Final Wars
    Pluto TV teases the new 24-Hour Godzilla channel as such, "The King of the Monsters has made landfall on Pluto TV! Emerging in 1954, Godzilla has become a global icon and symbol that has transcended time and pop culture. After debuting as a terror that descended upon Tokyo, Godzilla has fought numerous foes and gained new allies over several distinct eras. While each film stands alone in its own moment in time, the evolution of Godzilla followed advancements and film and technology along with cultural trends, yet always staying rooted in the origins from 1954. Today, fans can celebrate one of the world's most renowned entertainment characters with Godzilla channel collection and experience their favorite movie moments from the never-ending clash between kaiju and humankind."
    I know friends who will totally get into this...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

GODZILLA MINUS ONE Official Teaser

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips