Thread: any good videos on shaolin qi na

any good videos on shaolin qi na

any good videos on shaolin qi na, other then this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-59-hs0MpHI this one is painfully boring.

all those thousands of performance videos, and just one chin na video,for shaolin kung fu, hmmm

Does it have to be a video from a bald, robed guy in the Song Mountains, or have you seen Yang Jwing-ming's stuff? It's pretty nasty and I would probably recommend looking at that.

I haven't really seen many realistic self-defense instructional videos from the mainland, regardless of style. They all have the same format where the two guys face each other standing at attention, then one lunges forward and poses a strike of some sort while the main guy grabs it and dances around doing a series of nonsense on him. That just seems to be the standard format for presenting techniques in a commercial video production for them. Very rigid. So I wouldn't just blame Shaolin.

Apart from that, I would have to ask, if you can find neither a good teacher nor an instructional video that doesn't bore you, why do you continue to waste time on this? You're better off continuing to train your Shuaijiao or whatever style is available locally and offers you realistic training. If you're not finding that with Shaolin, we shouldn't find you looking for more Shaolin instructional videos on here another year from now.

why boring, wiz cool? though just 32 in numbers, and a boring teaching method, if one learns those methods properly, they contain a big portion of the qin na technical concepts.

anyway, if you're in search of videos, Shi Deyang has published 2 new vids, apart from the teaching method and holding back some technical bits, they must be brilliant.

also, Shi Dechao has encyclopedic knowledge of Shaolin kong fu combat methods. here you can purchase his series of 19 video manuals of combat methods (including qin na as a main part): http://www.21wulin.com/wulin/baila/z...cang/3104.html

anyhow, learning combat methods has boundless horizons. most the times you learn a method, you learn it very good and it has tremendous effects in actual exercises. once upon a time, quite incidentally, you may somewhere learn a bit of correction for that method that improves the effects drastically. we should just learn.

Blog Entries
    David C. K. Lin came up a very good video.

http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Does it have to be a video from a bald, robed guy in the Song Mountains, or have you seen Yang Jwing-ming's stuff? It's pretty nasty and I would probably recommend looking at that.

I haven't really seen many realistic self-defense instructional videos from the mainland, regardless of style. They all have the same format where the two guys face each other standing at attention, then one lunges forward and poses a strike of some sort while the main guy grabs it and dances around doing a series of nonsense on him. That just seems to be the standard format for presenting techniques in a commercial video production for them. Very rigid. So I wouldn't just blame Shaolin.

Apart from that, I would have to ask, if you can find neither a good teacher nor an instructional video that doesn't bore you, why do you continue to waste time on this? You're better off continuing to train your Shuaijiao or whatever style is available locally and offers you realistic training. If you're not finding that with Shaolin, we shouldn't find you looking for more Shaolin instructional videos on here another year from now.
    Doesn’t need to be by a monk, but i would prefer it is shaolin and not another form of kung fu. i feel this stuff has value, even if the exact application or attack is not 100% realistic for today’s threats. Like learning leverage and body mechanic principals ect, along with the act of training with a partner is something. for me it is important cause i am training in shaolin for a while now, and like to understand what is going on with all these routines and such. my teacher does show me applications, but for a select few moves in each form. not ever move I learn. before i had a shaolin teacher,did the same. i do still do shuai jiao with a small group i lead ,ever week in a park, and once in a while with my coach when he visits this city.

Quote Originally Posted by SHemmati View Post
    why boring, wiz cool? though just 32 in numbers, and a boring teaching method, if one learns those methods properly, they contain a big portion of the qin na technical concepts.

anyway, if you're in search of videos, Shi Deyang has published 2 new vids, apart from the teaching method and holding back some technical bits, they must be brilliant.

also, Shi Dechao has encyclopedic knowledge of Shaolin kong fu combat methods. here you can purchase his series of 19 video manuals of combat methods (including qin na as a main part): http://www.21wulin.com/wulin/baila/z...cang/3104.html

anyhow, learning combat methods has boundless horizons. most the times you learn a method, you learn it very good and it has tremendous effects in actual exercises. once upon a time, quite incidentally, you may somewhere learn a bit of correction for that method that improves the effects drastically. we should just learn.
    ok thank you for the advice, will search those recommended

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    Doesn’t need to be by a monk, but i would prefer it is shaolin and not another form of kung fu.
    I think you'll find qinna techniques across styles are pretty similar or even the same. If you look at other styles that have similar moves you'll find their qinna techniques may open your eyes to some possibilities in your Shaolin material.

i do still do shuai jiao with a small group i lead ,ever week in a park, and once in a while with my coach when he visits this city.
    What's your AQI there? I'm surprised anyone would still want to do intense workouts outdoors in this air. I'm in Shanghai and it gets pretty bad here.