Thread: Chinese Martial Satellite

Chinese Martial Satellite

I'm trying to create a visual history of the development of CMA by looking at the caveman trail links on Google earth, it's unfortunate China has no Street View map. I'm sure this thread has been done before but can anyone post links to Chinese Martial history on google maps?. I specifically want to know what piece of real estate was the first form created at containing the basic CLF wheel stances Cat Stance, Bow Stance, Twist Stance, Crane Stance, Pigeon toe stance & Half split Leaning Stance. Did Da Mo bring them to China then for 1600 years thousands of forms morphed from the basic postures..

Post a link where your style was originated, preferably the address. Village and County will be fine, I'm just drawing up a simple timeline based on CMA legends for a Science Fiction short story.

Yellow Emperor Tomb:
    https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=yellow...ed=0CAwQ_AUoAA

Da Mo Cave:
    https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=da+mo+...ed=0CAsQ_AUoAw

Shaolin Temple:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=shaoli...ed=0CAoQ_AUoAg

Huainan Water Margin 108 Outlaws legends place of origin:
    https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Huaina...ed=0CAkQ_AUoAQ

Does anyone have the addresses to the 108 outlaws.. lol

The styles I've trained in..

Kajukenbo Palama Settlement Hawaii place of origin:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Palama...ed=0CAkQ_AUoAQ

Potala palace Hop Gar place of origin:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Potala...ed=0CAoQ_AUoAg

Huìzhōu Jeung Lai Chuen Bak Mei origin:

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=Hu%C3%...ed=0CAkQ_AUoAQ
    Last edited by diego; 03-13-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Dark Matter and the MONKEY KING

I'm hijacking the Chinese Martial Satellite thread for this because I don't really understand where diego was going with this 3 years ago and it's a good title. Plus it's gotta go on the Monkey King thread too, of course.

CHINA DETECTS WEIRD SPACE SIGNALS WITH ITS DARK MATTER ‘MONKEY KING’ SATELLITE
    BY HANNAH OSBORNE ON 11/30/17 AT 8:55 AM

China has detected some weird space signals while hunting for dark matter with its "Monkey King" satellite.

Scientists from the Chinese Academy of Sciences have spent the past two years recording cosmic rays with the Dark Matter Particle Explorer (DAMPE) satellite. After measuring over 3.5 billion high-energy particles, the team has now found a blip in the data—a break in the electron and positron spectrum that could point to the annihilation or decay of dark matter.

Normal matter—everything we can see—accounts for up to 5 percent of the universe. Around 68 percent is dark energy, which is the mystery force thought to be driving the universe’s expansion. The rest, around 27 percent, is dark matter—the mystery substance that we cannot see, but that we know exists because of the gravitational influence it has over galaxies.

Scientists have been trying to detect dark matter for decades through various methods, all of which have so far proved unsuccessful.

Artist impression of China’s dark matter detector satellite.
    NATIONAL SPACE SCIENCE CENTER, CHINESE ACADEMY OF SCIENCES

China launched DAMPE—a satellite that sits 310 miles in space and collects data on cosmic rays, which are high-energy radiation particles that mostly come from outside our solar system—in December 2015.

One of the main theories about dark matter is that it may decay into detectable particles, like electrons, positrons and photons, when it is annihilated, something that could potentially be recorded in space with a sensitive detector like DAMPE.

The latest findings, published in Nature, show how there is a spectral break at 0.9 TeV (teraelectron volts) and a potential spike at 1.4 TeV. This discovery narrows down the potential parameters of models relating to events in space like pulsars, supernovas and, as a consequence, the candidates for dark matter.

"Together with data from the cosmic microwave background experiments, high energy gamma-ray measurements, and other astronomical telescopes, the DAMPE data may help to ultimately clarify the connection between the positron anomaly and the annihilation or decay of particle dark matter," Fan Yizhong, deputy chief designer of DAMPE's scientific application system, said in a statement.

"DAMPE has opened a new window for observing the high-energy universe, unveiling new physical phenomena beyond our current understanding," Chang Jin, chief scientist of DAMPE, told Xinhua. "Our data may inspire some new ideas in particle physics and astrophysics. We never expected such signals.”

The aftermath of a typical, short-lived supernova as it fades.
    NASA'S GODDARD SPACE FLIGHT CENTER/ESA/HUBBLE/L. CALCADA

Fan added that the spike was highly unusual. “The signals might have originated from either dark matter or pulsars,” he said.

Chang continued: “The spike might indicate that there exists a kind of unknown particle with a mass of about 1.4 TeV. All the 61 elementary particles predicted by the standard model of particle physics have been found. Dark matter particles are beyond the list. So if we find a new elementary particle, it will be a breakthrough in physics. Even if they were from pulsars, it would be quite a strange astrophysical phenomenon that nobody had known before.”

The team will now continue to record cosmic rays to try to confirm their findings. “So far, we are 99.99 percent sure this spike is real, but we need to collect more data. If the statistical probability exceeds 99.99994 percent, it will be a groundbreaking discovery in particle physics and astrophysics,” Chang said.
    There's a fair amount of Chinese satellite and space news. Maybe I'll just post it all here when I find stuff that might amuse.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I'm hijacking the Chinese Martial Satellite thread for this because I don't really understand where diego was going with this 3 years ago and it's a good title. Plus it's gotta go on the Monkey King thread too, of course.

There's a fair amount of Chinese satellite and space news. Maybe I'll just post it all here when I find stuff that might amuse.
    lol if you look up all of the good 80`s youth action films that made money like Lost Boys, Karate Kid, Stand By Me, etc the movie scripts were set around popular locations on the West Coast like the television series 21 Jump Street was filmed in Vancouver in the 80`s but they pretended the hood of Vancouver was Gang Central in a fake made up town in Los Angeles. Like East Van was all working class Whites, Chinese and Natives living around skid row, 21 Jump Street had Mexican and Black Crips and Blood gangs portrayed by Hollywood actors filming in the roughest Canadian High Schools.

Anyway, I was studying script writing and thought it would be a cool animation and wiki links to have the History of Kung Fu mapped out by sattelite like if you look at the Movie Lost Boys the Vampire Kiefer Sutherland lived in the caves below Santa Cruz coast and they stalked the Santa Cruz Amusement park...The grandpa with his weed farm lived at the top of the map in the Santa Cruz Hills which you can all see on Google earth and in Hollywood Bus tours

So google link Damo`s Cave and the Tree Bhudda meditated at then link it with famous war fields in Chinese history leading up to the location of Shoalin Mountain linking to the Boat villages where Wing Chun became popular to the Hong Kong high rises where Bak Mei was first taught to the public.

I didn`t know enough of Asian history at the time to make my own map, it`s still a good idea.
    Last edited by diego; 12-07-2017 at 11:53 AM.

haaaa. well played diego. wasn't sure if you were still watching the forum here.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    Anyway, I was studying script writing and thought it would be a cool animation and wiki links to have the History of Kung Fu mapped out by sattelite like if you look at the Movie Lost Boys the Vampire Kiefer Sutherland lived in the caves below Santa Cruz coast and they stalked the Santa Cruz Amusement park...The grandpa with his weed farm lived at the top of the map in the Santa Cruz Hills which you can all see on Google earth and in Hollywood Bus tours
    Actually that was Santa Carla. Filmed in Santa Cruz, but set in Santa Carla. The cave doesn't exist - that was a movie set.

I went to 30th Anniversary showing at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk over the summer. It was fun.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Actually that was Santa Carla. Filmed in Santa Cruz, but set in Santa Carla. The cave doesn't exist - that was a movie set.

I went to 30th Anniversary showing at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk over the summer. It was fun.
    Nice I really liked the Stand By Me story as a kid the google map filming locations throughout Oregon was a perfect area to film. I love Pacific Ocean history in general can`t beat the West Coast sunsets from Vancouver on down.

Looks like Karate Kid`s house avoided this weeks Los Angeles fires, lol. Crazy footage online yesterday from the highways at night on Twitter.