Thread: Simple Strategy

Blog Entries

Simple Strategy

First you develop your favor "finish strategy". You then develop you favor "entering strategy" to lead to it. You now understand you lifetime training path. this way, you will spend your training time more effecency for the rest of your life. If you just learn a skill here and there, you will be like a headless chicken that will get to nowhere.

Today when I walked my dog, Since my right hand was holding her leash, my left hand was free. My left arm started to do some "arm wrapping" drills. After I had repeated my drill 100 times, I felt my dog walking was not a waste of my time at all. I also realized that all my combat strategy depends on how quickly that "my arm can wrap around my opponent's arm". That should be the center of my training. If I can

- wrap my opponent's arm,
    - take him down, and
    - finish him while he is on the ground.

That's pretty much all I need and care about. I'll spend the rest of my lifetime to work on this very "simple strategy". I may even give up all my punching and kicking skill (I'm not 100% sure on this yet). This way I can concentrate on something that I truly want to develop. What's your opinion on this"?
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    That's pretty much all I need and care about. I'll spend the rest of my lifetime to work on this very "simple strategy". I may even give up all my punching and kicking skill (I'm not 100% sure on this yet). This way I can concentrate on something that I truly want to develop. What's your opinion on this"?
    You have a perspective that's based on a lifetime of martial arts training. If this is where the path leads, cool.

Simple is good.

Narrow is not good.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    KISS Simple wins the day.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Blog Entries
    From a striker point of view, to land your fist on your opponent's face is all you care about. The grapplier's strategy is much more complicate that that.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument