Thread: Shrimp Boy and the Senator

Hybrid View

"Calm down" to Willie Brown

Good ol' slick Willie

Let's everybody calm down about the Leland Yee ruckus
    Willie Brown
    Published 3:44 pm, Saturday, April 19, 2014

Former Mayor Willie Brown poses for a portrait at his apartment in the St. Regis Hotel on Thursday July 31, 2008 in San Francisco, Calif. Photo: Mike Kepka, The Chronicle

I'm starting to feel sorry for Leland Yee. He is holed up in his house and everyone thinks of him as the reincarnation of Al Capone.

Give the guy a break. When all is said and done, his alleged crimes come down to taking campaign contributions in return for issuing proclamations, using campaign funds to set up a meeting and taking campaign funds for writing a letter.

Never did he sell his vote, steal public money or actually put money in his own pocket, as far as I can tell.

None of Yee's decisions affected the public.

I've gone over the FBI's criminal complaint and, from what I can see, the biggest crime he was accused of was trying hustle some undercover FBI agents who were out to get alleged Chinatown gang leader Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow.

The 137-page indictment says nothing about Yee being involved with the drug and murder-for-hire charges leveled at some of the others.

And there was apparently never a gun-running operation involving him. It was allegedly just Yee thinking he could hustle some money, that he was ripping off someone who was not very smart. Instead it was an FBI agent.

When all is said and done, Yee appears to be a petty thief - the guy that walks past the fruit stand and, when you're not looking, takes an apple and keeps walking.

He should not be in government, but that doesn't mean he is dangerous.

And sending him to jail is a waste of time. He is already screwed for life.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Good ol' slick Willie
    In all fairness there are a great many people who are in government who perhaps should not be in government.
    But they are there because they got voted in. So, who's at fault? That's right, we the people.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    Name:  10257829_1404840589793704_7913105099994663339_o.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  100.3 KB
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries

That's lovely

Selling shirts for the pedo now are we?

I have absolutely no respect for those that traffic people, and nearly as little for the fat ass limp **** pedophiles that worship them. You two should both be strung up by your feet and eviscerated with a blunt knife.

What's he need a legal defense fund for? He's probably talking to the prosecutor right now

Blog Entries
    SoCo KungFu:

I think you REALLY need to see this video. It will clear up a ton of things for you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaKc...ature=youtu.be

However, i do find it hilarious that you seem to think Raymond Chow is a pedophile. You don't know sh1t about what you're talking about. Your ill-placed sense of moral superiority is nothing more than a mere front because you yourself were a victim of sexual abuse. You sure do have a strange fascination with pedophilia. I can tell you never tried to comprehend the charges set against or for even what Raymond Chow was actually convicted of in his past. But, since you are extremely jaded by your own personal issues from YOUR past, I am gonna post what raymond was arrested and did time for in his past. And you will clearly see that "UNDER AGE PROSTITUTION" or "HUMAN TRAFFICKING" was never part of his M.O.

"Criminal activities

When Chow was 17 and a member of a the Hop Sing Boys, he survived an attack by a rival gang at the Golden Dragon restaurant. Chow's first conviction was in 1978, for robbery in Chinatown, San Francisco. Chow received an 11-year sentence, of which he served 7 years and 4 months. He was released in 1985. In 1986, Chow was charged with 28 counts of assault with a deadly weapon, attempted murder, mayhem, and illegal possession of a firearm. He served three years in prison and was released in 1989. In 1992 Chow was arrested for racketeering, later separated into two separate trials. The first was for illegal gun sales and the second was for prostitution, drugs and money laundering. Convicted in 1995, Chow was sentenced to 24 years.[1] When Peter Chong was captured, Chow turned on his old boss and cooperated with authorities, testifying against him in exchange for a reduced sentence. He was released from prison in 2003. In 1996, Chow was tried again for racketeering, but the indictment was dismissed.

As a condition of his release, Raymond Chow surrendered his visa. He requested witness protection but his request was denied by the prosecuting attorney. Raymond Chow is required to wear a tracking device.[4][5] Raymond Chow is currently the leader, or "dragon head", of Hung Moon Ghee Kong Tong, a fraternal association in San Francisco sometimes referred to as the Chinese Freemasons.[6]

As it is clearly stated "PEDOPHILIA" of any sort was NEVER MENTIONED. Only a few of his HATERS say he was involved with a Child Prostitution while everything else just says "PROSTITUTION". I am sure if the former were the case then ALL information about raymond's past would state "CHILD PROSTITUTION" instead of "PROSTITUTION". So, i don't know where you're getting your information from, but you can stick your ill placed moral superiority up your ass for all i care.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 04-27-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Posting this here because Chow was a survivor of the Golden Dragon Massacre.

Freed killer in Golden Dragon massacre: It will take ‘lifetimes to make amends’
    By Evan Sernoffsky September 1, 2017 Updated: September 1, 2017 8:43am

Tom Yu, in a 1978 photo, was the mastermind who plotted the massacre at the Golden Dragon.

No one thought Melvin Yu would ever again walk the streets of San Francisco — not even him.

But one of the triggermen in the Golden Dragon massacre in Chinatown, which happened 40 years ago Monday, was paroled from state prison in 2015. And though the federal government took custody of him and tried to deport him to China, federal immigration officials said his native country has not provided travel documents.

So he was released in October 2015, spared by an anomaly in immigration policy. He is back in San Francisco, living a quiet life after expressing regret about his actions as a teenager, turning to religion and seeking redemption during his long stretch behind bars.

“I’m trying to get my life together,” Yu, now 57, said in a brief telephone interview with The Chronicle, his first since being released. “All I can say is I’m trying to make amends and do good. I have a second chance at life.

“It will take me a few lifetimes to make amends,” he said, “but I’m trying to do my best.”

It may seem surprising that a person accused of a mass killing would ever be released. But the Golden Dragon shooters were just 17 when, while pursuing revenge for their Joe Boys gang, they slaughtered five bystanders and wounded 11 others in the crowded restaurant. Even if they committed the same crime today, their ages would make them ineligible for the death penalty.

All these years later, the fates of some of the men involved in the massacre — the three shooters and the one who planned it — are still being sorted out.

One of the men, Curtis Tam, was released in October 1991, the result of a lighter second-degree murder sentence that a judge handed down after he testified against the others. Tam was a last-minute addition to the hit squad, and he said he had fired his sawed-off shotgun only into the restaurant’s furniture, pretending to be aiming at people.

Retired city police Sgt. Daniel Foley, who helped solve the case, said Tam, by cooperating, was “the one person in that whole crowd that had a conscience.”

Another shooter, Peter Ng, who admitted opening fire with a shotgun and a revolver, was convicted of five counts of first-degree murder. He can seek parole in 2020 after being denied release for the eighth time in 2015.

Tom Yu — no relation to Melvin Yu — had stayed back at a friend’s home in Pacifica during the killing, but he also was convicted of five counts of first-degree murder as the attack’s chief plotter. He was 18 at the time of the rampage. In June, a state board found him suitable for parole after nine rejections, and a final decision could reach the governor’s desk in mid-September, officials said.

When Melvin Yu sought his release, he opened up about his life before, during and after one of San Francisco’s most infamous crimes.

He told the parole board that after he came to the United States in 1973 at age 13, he had difficulty adjusting to the country’s culture and language, and struggled in school. In high school he fell in with Chinatown’s Joe Boys, who clashed with the Hop Sing and Wah Ching gangs.

00:01
    01:30
    Five people were killed early the morning of Sept. 4, 1977, in an atrocity that altered the lives of everyone in that Chinatown restaurant — as well as Chinatown itself.

Media: San Francisco Chronicle
    “I want them to accept me, and I was living a life you know, for the gang,” Yu testified, according to a transcript. “It’s selfish on my part because I want to, you know, prove that, you know, I could be a gangster.”

Before the massacre, the Joe Boys were fixated on revenge, following a Fourth of July gunbattle that left a member of their crew dead — and Yu with a bullet wound to the arm. In the early morning of Sept. 4, 1977, the group got a call from a Chinatown lookout, saying members of the Wah Ching and Hop Sing were eating at the Golden Dragon. Carrying a semiautomatic rifle, Yu entered the restaurant first, stopped in the main dining room, and sprayed the crowd.

“I go in there, so I had to start shooting first,” Yu said, “because I don’t want the other gang members shooting at us.”

As the assailants darted back out the door and into a getaway car, the Golden Dragon was a scene of chaos and death. Slain were waiter Fong Wong, 48, and guests Denise Louie, 21, Paul Wada, 25, Donald Kwan, 20, and 18-year-old Calvin Fong. None among the dead and wounded was a gang member.

“It was a horrible crime,” Foley said. “They didn’t really know who all their enemies were by sight. They showed a total disregard and just opened fire on everybody.”

Melvin Yu admitted as much in his parole hearing, saying, “My crime — the heinous crime that I did, I know I’ll never get out of prison, which is fine with me.” He said if he was released, he expected to be deported, and would live with a cousin in Hong Kong.

But he was granted parole during a 2014 hearing, and immigration officials who initially took custody of him freed him the next year. They had little other choice.

China is one of several nations identified by the U.S. as “recalcitrant,” known for delaying or refusing the repatriation of citizens for various reasons. And given that Yu wasn’t likely to be removed anytime soon, he was released under a Supreme Court ruling that prevents the government from indefinitely holding people for deportation.

A spokeswoman for the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco said it had no record of a deportation request for Melvin Yu.

Bill Hing, a University of San Francisco professor and immigration attorney, said Yu’s case isn’t uncommon. He has even urged countries not to issue travel documents to immigrants he has represented — a last-ditch strategy to protect them.

“I believe that China is making a judgment that they don’t want the person because he had a violent history, and his violence is the product of the socioeconomic situation of growing up in the United States,” Hing said.

So Yu is back in San Francisco. He told The Chronicle he did not want to speak at length or “relive the incident,” but that he is sorry.

“I just want to move on,” he said.

Evan Sernoffsky is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer. Email: esernoffsky@sfchronicle.com Twitter: @EvanSernoffsky
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart