Thread: HBD Jackie Chan!

HBD Jackie Chan!

60 today! He's still my fav all around martial arts star. He still inspires me.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

...bringing everyday objects into a total kung fu arsenal

http://junkexplorer.com/entertainmen...-fight-scenes/
    Last edited by TaichiMantis; 04-07-2014 at 12:51 PM.
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Wink

Happy Birthday Jackie!!!

Love, Peace & Friendship

I mentioned this last week on the JC Charity thread.
    Jackie Chan's 60th birthday highlights star-studded concert
    Updated: 2014-04-08

Jackie Chan and Kim Hee Sun

Lee Hom

Hong Kong action star Jackie Chan turns 60 today – but his son, actor Jaycee Chan, began planning for the celebration more than a year ago. In order to celebrate this momentous occasion, numerous activities were planned beforehand, one of which was the Peace & Love & Friendship concert that was held at the Beijing Workers' Stadium last night.

Stars who turned up to offer their blessings include singers Lee Zong Sheng, Jay Chou, Lee Hom, Coco Lee, actor Leo Ku, Korean idol group EXO, Kim Hee Sun and MISIA from Japan.

Jackie kicked off the concert at 7pm, performing with a group of 200 children adorning red T-shirts, as they sang to the tune of Jaycee’s self-composed song, Bu Zai Shi Qu. The birthday star greeted fans from all around the world in various languages, and promoted world peace and anti-racism. It was declared that all proceeds from the concert will go towards charitable causes.

Next, guest star Coco Lee took the stage, followed by Lee Zong Sheng, Sun Nan, Lang Lang, and EXO. After Jackie sang Legend with his former co-star and rumoured girlfriend Kim Hee Sun, he joked that his version was better than singer Sun Nan’s, and lightly kissed the actress on her cheek.

Taiwan Mando-pop star Lee Hom performed subsequently, singing hit song Only One together with fans. The singer also praised Jackie for his huge contributions to the film and music industry and supported the actor’s views on love and peace.

When Jackie told Lee Hom to guess which designer designed the dark green suit he was wearing, Lee Hom merely smiled but did not answer. In response, Jackie declared proudly that the designer was "Joan Chen-Lin” (Jackie’s wife, former actress Lin Feng-jiao) as the crowd erupted in cheers.

Jay Chou appears last

As the concert neared its end, Taiwan superstar Jay Chou appeared for the final performance, throwing nunchucks into the audience with Jackie, sending fans into a frenzy.

Invited guests who were unable to make the event – such as Chinese Fan Bing Bing, Zhou Xun, Shu Qi and Lin Chi Ling, as well as Hong Kong stars Derek Yee, Aaron Kwok and Eason Chan – recorded their birthday greetings to Jackie which were played during the concert - the last clip even showed Jaycee and Hong Kong actor Nicholas Tse personally baking a cake for Jackie in Italy. When said cake was brought to the stage, Jackie was visibly touched.

For the finale, the stars gathered for a mass rendition of Tomorrow Will Be Better. Jackie will be heading to Shanghai next, with fans from 50 different countries, to witness the launch of the Jackie Chan Museum, which will officially open its doors on April 9. The museum houses many of Jackie’s valuable personal collectibles, props and costumes from his movies.
    Jackie Chan marks 60th birthday with star-studded charity concert in Beijing
    POSTED: 08 Apr 2014 12:46

BEIJING: Hong Kong action star Jackie Chan marked his 60th birthday with a star-studded charity concert in Beijing on Monday, reported Chinese media.

Jackie Chan fans from over 50 countries turned up for his “Love, Peace & Friendship Concert”.

“I was very poor when I was young, and hoped to have money.

“When I made a little money, I realised there are problems in this world that money cannot solve like war, pollution … I hope there will be more love and peace!” said Chan at the concert.

The concert saw performances by stars like Japanese singer Misia, Taiwan singers Jay Chou and Wang Lee Hom, as well as Korean actress Kim Hee-sun and boy band EXO.

Celebrities like Nicholas Tse, Lee Bing Bing and Zhou Xun were also in attendance.

The concert ended with Chan and his celebrity guests coming together to sing “Tomorrow Will Be Better”.

Chan will go to Shanghai with his fans on Wednesday to open the JC Film Gallery, a museum that will contain memorabilia from his film career, along with items he had used while doing charity work in the past.
    EXO & Jang Ri In Attend Jackie Chan Charity Concert
    By Staff Writer | April 08, 2014 02:20 AM EDT

EXO and Jang Ri In (aka Zhang Li Yin) attended Jackie Chan's charity concert '2014 Peace & Love & Friendship'. They put on a fantastic performance, which was met with a hot response from the locals.
    Like Us on Facebook
    The charity concert was held on the 6th at a gymnasium in Beijing, China at 7PM. It's a popular charity concert that Jackie Chan organizes annually. In honor of his 60th birthday, Jackie Chan invited EXO and Jang Ri In, as well as other top Chinese stars such as Jay Chou, Wang Ri Hong, Son Nam, Jang So Ham, Ko Ko Ri, Sa Jeong Bong, and Bang Mo Hyeong (author apologizes for incorrect spelling). They performed in front of about 10,000 fans.
    EXO is a mainstream group that has gained immense popularity in China. They were given a special invitation to Jackie Chan's concert, and fans were eager to see the group perform.
    EXO sang "Wolf" and "Growl", putting on an energetic and colorful performance, which was met with an explosive response from the locals. As soon as EXO entered the stage, the fans gave out wildly enthusiastic cheers and sang along to all the songs.
    Jang Ri In sang a duet with EXO's Chen, SM the Ballad's "Breath". The audience was excited to hear their sweet harmony ring throughout the venue. Not only that, EXO and Jang Ri In joined Jackie Chan and the rest of the participants on the final stage to sing "Tomorrow Will Be Better", "We Are the World", and "Never Lose Again".
    EXO is currently preparing their new mini album.
    It's all about K-pop now.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I've posted JC HBD stuff here & on his charity and franchise threads...

...but this is the coolest one so far.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

THAT! Is too cool!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

$11,385,258 for charity.

A pink cake? srsly?
    Jackie Chan accumulates RMB 70 million from charity auction
    By Heidi Hsia | From Cinema Online Exclusively for Yahoo Newsroom – 10 hours ago

10 Apr – Turning 60 on 7 April and using the celebration for charity, Jackie Chan was successful at amassing more than RMB 70 million (USD 11 million) in donations through the celebrity auction that was held recently.

As reported on Mingpao, an auction was recently held at his "Peace and Friendship" charity banquet, whereby all of his film stills, photos, and personal items were on display.

Stars including Li Bingbing, Stanley Tong, Huang Bo, Ge You, Vincent Zhao, Zhao Benshan, Jiang Wen, Lee Byung-Hun, Lee Seung-Gi, Jung Woo-Sung, Choi Si-Won, H.O.T., Jeffrey Kung, Albert Yeung, Marie Zhuge, and others also attended the event and prepared their own items for auction.

The event, hosted by Jackie's close friend Eric Tsang, saw a few exchanges from the celebrities. Actress Li Bingbing bid RMB 15 million for a Jackie Chan portrait for a friend, while Albert Yeung bid a Louis Vuitton leather case and Ge You's costume for RMB 4.5 million.

Meanwhile, other items that were sold included Feng Xiaogang's painting (RMB 2.3 million), Jackie Chan's calligraphy (RMB 2 million), Jackie Chan's special edition white Lamborghini (RMB 8 million), as well as his sandalwood chair (RMB 6.5 million).

In total, the auction was able to raise RMB 70,552,000 (approx. USD 11,385,258) to be donated to charity.

Meanwhile, the actor was teary-eyed upon receiving a birthday cake prepared by his son, Jaycee Chan, and reminisced about his father, saying, "When my father turned 60, I was on a movie set. I used to think making enough money to eat and to live on was enough, but actually I really have to give my heart."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

So his son is the chinese cake boss!

ttt 4 2015!

He's 61 with a new autobiography dropping (in Chinese only at this point).

Happy birthday Jackie
    Web Desk
    April 07, 2015, 5:47 pm

Hollywood - Jackie Chan was born on 7 April 1954, in Hong Kong. He studied music, dance and martial arts at the China Drama Academy. He debuted in the lost film, Big and Little Wong Tin Bar. Jackie is known for his acrobatic fighting style, comic timing, use of improvised weapons, and innovative stunts, which he typically performs himself. He has been acting since the 1960s and has appeared in over 150 films. His notable films include the Rush Hour trilogy, Enter the Dragon, Mulan, Shanghai Noon, and The Karate Kid.

Chan is rumored to reprise his roles as Mr. Han in the upcoming ‘Karate Kid 2’ and Lee in ‘Rush Hour 4’. He has received stars on the ‘Hong Kong Avenue of Stars’ and the ‘Hollywood Walk of Fame’.

Actor turned 61 today “Happy Birthday”, we wish him luck and success in future.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

HBD Jackie! And many more!

Awkward timing perhaps, and I'm not sure how we missed last year, but best wishes to the Chan man.

A Star Is Born: Jackie Chan turns 63 today
    Los Angeles Times Staff

(Mark Boster / Los Angeles Times)

(Robert Gauthier / Los Angeles Times)

All the directors, they think about me: OK, 'Rush Hour 4' and 'Shanghai Noon.' You have to do your own stunt, Jackie. [I'd] rather do a drama, comedy drama, a love story, sing a song on the beach, running around, slow motion, with a girl, kissing. But nobody buys a ticket to see Jackie Chan in a theater kissing.
    Jackie Chan, 2013
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips