Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wing chun blast is back...

Wing chun blast is back...

Quote Originally Posted by slick69 View Post
    Anyone a fan?

Danny Horgan is to Wing Chun like Rachel Rey is to cooking.

Anyone a fan?
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Not me!

He may not have much formal training, but he fights with what he does, which is more than many of his detractors can say.
    It's amusing how silly he makes the "masters" look when the talking is over.

This video alone illustrates what's wrong with Danny and his series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGkkXy3j43I
    Last edited by Almost A Ghost; 04-13-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Hilarious! Something tells me Danny is doing this for his own amusement. The look on his face...

Seems this guy wasn't willing to do anything with Danny like the others, or probably threatened to sue if he posted the aftermath. Seems like that type of place.

[QUOTE=LFJ;1265186]Hilarious! Something tells me Danny is doing this for his own amusement. The look on his face...QUOTE]

I don't get it. Why did Steven Segal change his name? Anyway, I really liked the paired belly dancing at the end.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

It's amusing how silly he makes the "masters" look when the talking is over.[/QUOTE]

This is the interesting thing about this series. So far everyone he has sparred a bit with has shown that for all their theories, talk, and purported mastery not one has actually been able to use their wing chun effectively . That holds for their chi sau and sparring.

That makes me wonder how many of us would fair the same. We think we know what we are doing and can actually do it but can we. Even though I am approaching 55 i would enjoy the chance to go a couple of minutes with Danny or Sean Obasi just for the pure fun and to be sure I haven't smoked to much of my own BS.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1 View Post
    ... Even though I am approaching 55 i would enjoy the chance to go a couple of minutes with Danny or Sean Obasi just for the pure fun and to be sure I haven't smoked to much of my own BS.
    Go for it Hunter, then post a clip. At nearly 55 you don't have to prove anything, but it would be interesting to see how it turns out. And, since unlike a certain other guy who used to post here, you've never come across as arrogant or delusional, we'd all be rooting for you.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Then, here’s a demo that I’m sure you guys would approve of, cameo by Bill Wallace.

Take care,

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1 View Post
    That makes me wonder how many of us would fair the same. We think we know what we are doing and can actually do it but can we. Even though I am approaching 55 i would enjoy the chance to go a couple of minutes with Danny or Sean Obasi just for the pure fun and to be sure I haven't smoked to much of my own BS.
    The question to ask is whether or not we are regularly sparring, not just playing chi-sau; and against not just our classmates and/or students.

That's the big difference. These guys obviously don't do hard sparring or they'd know their theories don't work. Danny, on the other hand, doesn't even have much formal training but sparring is his thing. So no wonder he can handle these guys. Against well trained folks who spar often, I'm sure he wouldn't fair so well. But this is all that's needed to easily dispatch these masters of the gab.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    The question to ask is whether or not we are regularly sparring, not just playing chi-sau; and against not just our classmates and/or students.

That's the big difference. These guys obviously don't do hard sparring or they'd know their theories don't work. Danny, on the other hand, doesn't even have much formal training but sparring is his thing. So no wonder he can handle these guys. Against well trained folks who spar often, I'm sure he wouldn't fair so well. But this is all that's needed to easily dispatch these masters of the gab.
    Yes yes yes exactly right. The question really is are you already doing it? If you are then you will be able to do it. If you aren't then you won't. It is really that simple. Realistic skill comes from realistic training.

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    Yes yes yes exactly right. The question really is are you already doing it? If you are then you will be able to do it. If you aren't then you won't. It is really that simple. Realistic skill comes from realistic training.
    It looks like the new series has a more sparing approach. Should be interesting. Anyone know who it will feature?

Anyone know who it will feature?
    KG? Obasi?

If he's running around the States, he should go to someone like Gary Lam, or someone of a bit higher caliber than a Youtube celebrity or small Hicktown master.