Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Red boat pre 1855 kam's art

One question only, Hendrik. * Is Emei snake or dragon (flying snake) mentioned directly in the old documents as being one of the 2 mother arts of WingChun? You may have answered this question in an earlier thread. Is the Emei Character present?

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    One question only, Hendrik. * Is Emei snake or dragon (flying snake) mentioned directly in the old documents as being one of the 2 mother arts of WingChun? You may have answered this question in an earlier thread. Is the Emei Character present?

Snake in the YKSLT is the emei 12 zhuang which has the advance joints (biomechanics + bioelectric + biochemistry ) fine handling , unique in the history of tcma. The name of this technology is called "'snake slide worm move"

Crane in the YKSLT is fujian white crane which has the center line theory and momentum handling, unique in the history of tcma.

The YKSLT writing clearly leaving the identify able lines lead to the above two mother art.

For example :

The following lines of the YKSLT kuit related solidly to the emei 12 zhuang document.

Y7神寄指爪䄂底旁。
    Pay attention to the finger, craw , and the side under the sleeve .
    Y8旋迥自然順脈氣
    Spiral twisting naturally , follow the breathing and the direction of the qi.

The following line of YKSLT kuit related solidly to pre 1800 Fujian White Crane.

Y18企掌屈肘單昭陽
    Erect palm bent elbow single zhao yang

And, in today's YKSLT set which I share out to different lineages of wcners , these kuits are realized within the set practice, and one can get result to see a different within days after following it. Many wcners in the west have learn these.

Some have commented ,when the emei snake technology is implemented the SLT is like handling the bow in a violin. That is the feeling of the snake slide joint and force flow handling.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-10-2014 at 07:44 PM.

The following are the most beginner basic simple introduction of
    emei 12 zhuang snake slide worm move technology which is embedded in the YKSLT .
    Great thing of high tech is we can see it as it is without have to guess what it is.

While watching these videos,
    Read the following YKSLT kuit,
    the video show the most simply rough example of these YKSLT kuit

Y6手臂鞭出橫力勁
    The arm whip out the horizontal power
    Y7神寄指爪䄂底旁。
    Pay attention to the finger, craw , and the side under the sleeve .
    Y8旋迥自然順脈氣
    Spiral twisting naturally , follow the breathing and the direction of the qi.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/3HHaB0cR4M4/

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/d4r-IGHMVJk/
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-10-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Thanks, I had seen that translation work that you had posted. Much of the snake signature movement is gone from the Yip Man SLT in contrast to the Pan Nam SLT form. One very rigid, the other, more flowing than any other WC style, including, Yiu Choi SLT. Yik Kam lineage did not travel the same route through Leung Jan, you can see much more of the snake movement in Cho family SLT (not the completely stylized movement of a snake style, including Emei Snake).
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 04-10-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks, I had seen that translation work that you had posted. Much of the snake signature movement is gone from the Yip Man SLT in contrast to the Pan Nam SLT form. One very rigid, the other, more flowing than any other WC style, including, Yiu Choi SLT. Yik Kam lineage did not travel the same route through Leung Jan, you can see much more of the snake movement. (not the completely stylized movement of a snake style, including Emei Snake).
    -------------------------------------

In some wing chun lineages - snake movements are there. People may miss the subtlety.

Thanks, I had seen that translation work that you had posted. Much of the snake signature movement is gone from the Yip Man SLT in contrast to the Pan Nam SLT form. One very rigid, the other, more flowing than any other WC style, including, Yiu Choi SLT. Yik Kam lineage did not travel the same route through Leung Jan, you can see much more of the snake movement. (not the completely stylized movement of a snake style, including Emei Snake).

In some wing chun lineages - snake movements are there. People may miss the subtlety.
    The devil in the details again.

joy chaudhuri

Just check the seven bows in the SNT practice, one can see if the snake technology is there or evolve differently. One can see the signature clearly.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

joy chaudhuri
    True, check Ipman lineage bj set will find snake.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

joy chaudhuri
    Agree with this assessment. I never thought about snake-style or crane style in WingChun until joining this forum. Pan Nam SLT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lwl97ty4aw
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 04-10-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Agree with this assessment. I never thought about snake-style or crane style in WingChun until joining this forum. Pan Nam SLT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lwl97ty4aw
    The mother art are not those animal mimicking snake style or crane style .

Fujian white crane is a lady style , and emei 12 zhuang is advance Buddhist alchemy art.

So, one must not mis understood them as those animal kungfu style as in the movie.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-10-2014 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    Hendrik,

Aside from the Hung Mun salute, I see nothing different in the mechanics of YKWC from any other line.

Apart from the verbage, history and choreography it all appears to my eye to be the same stuff. Some simply emphasize an iron bridge over a soft bridge. I appreciate your passion in researching the history of WC and it's impact on Chinese history, but, what is so unique about YKWC?

Even the Kuen Kuit isn't all that different from from any other line. Same goes for all this SCWC stuff. Just because the apple is a different color and has a slightly different taste doesn't make it a bananna, it's still an apple. Now I can appreciate the finer nuances and subtle alterations as well as the next guy, but thats all it is.

I'm not seeing anything of an eye opening revelation that is going to propell my understanding and execution of the art beyond what I all ready know and comprehend.

This "engine" you speak of, well any engine can be overhauled, but we also have to look at the chassis, transmission, body, suspension, wheels, brakes etc.

You can't turn a Ford Fiesta into a Dodge Ram and expect it to perform the same, their uses are different and their parts aren't interchangable.

Just as one can't use this "ancient" DNA theory to elevate their current lineage specific WC without transforming it into YKWC/SCWC. Or is that the whole idea?

1. It would be appreciated if you brought up only YKWCK
    And Do not brought up SCWC here which I am isolated from and not related to my post above.

2. I am presenting YKWCK or what is there in red boat 1850, a verifiable data point of Red boat Wck.
    So, please do not read into what I am not present.

3. As for uniqueness, engine, kuen kuit, DNA. One only see what one can see.
    For example, A differential equation looks like algebraic equation too. But they are different.
    Thus, I let you find out for yourself what is the different.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-11-2014 at 01:08 AM.

Why isolate scwc? biomechanics + bioelectric + biochemistry... will it turn into incredible hulk when angry?
    Name:  the-hulk-incredible-288523.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  86.7 KB

Sorry my bad. This looks more like it. biochemistry my ass...
    Name:  paul-20110613014444788.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  42.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Fong View Post
    Why isolate scwc? biomechanics + bioelectric + biochemistry... will it turn into incredible hulk when angry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Fong View Post
    Sorry my bad. This looks more like it. biochemistry my ass...
    Daniel, your behaviour is becoming childish with posts like this. Whilst I think Hendrik is block posting too much at least said posts have substantive points, albeit repeated somewhat. For the record I actually welcome Hendrik talking about SCWC and I hope he continues to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    Hendrik,

Aside from the Hung Mun salute, I see nothing different in the mechanics of YKWC from any other line. Apart from the verbage, history and choreography it all appears to my eye to be the same stuff. Some simply emphasize an iron bridge over a soft bridge. I appreciate your passion in researching the history of WC and it's impact on Chinese history, but, what is so unique about YKWC?
    Dave I agree that what Hendrik is showing is not all that different. But then it shouldn't be should it? It's all still WCK! But there may be some subtle nuances that don't change the engine completely, rather they just tune it up a bit. Things get altered or forgotten with time and generations. I think what is unique about YKWC is that it may be a window into what WCK looked like 150 years ago. To some that may be no big deal. I think it is kind of interesting. So I agree with Paddington in appreciating what Hendrik has been openly saying and describing recently. I haven't had any "eureka moments" either, but it is still interesting to see how he explains the biomechanics.