Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1850"s Spam

1850"s Spam

Hi Guys

Im probably out of line starting this thread ,as i dont post a lot here anymore, but i feel somewhat compelled to start this.

Ive just commented on a post by dlcox and ill paste it here again as a reference point.....

Hi Guys,

I understand what you saying and even where Hendrik is coming from, but honestly, enough is enough. How many people from Yip Man's line goes on about their advanced version of SLT, because some lines have one. With this I'm not talking about William Cheung's version but an actual alternate version that contains turning and a small section similar to Chum Kiu, this was taught to some early Foshan students. I've seen it, I've even "practiced" it but will not make claims that it is "original" WC from 1850. I understand what Hendrik is trying to bring across, but if you look closely the agenda is still there. All this DNA and engine talk is just semantics IMO. I can appreciate variety and nuance the same as anyone else, but to hop up on the soap box and reiterate the same dribble over and over is getting redundant. I will give Hendrik credit for his research he does a good job at uncovering WC's past but it all seems to lead into the DNA & engine thing and how a 150-200 years ago it was completely different and how so much has been lost. Nothing has been lost, people just want to believe that they have in their possession something that no one else has. Wing Chun for what it is, is complete and lacks nothing that isn't necessary. I'm pretty sure as an art that visually it hasn't changed much from it's conception. It's only visually different within the lines that have other influences whether they admit it or not ex: Pao Fa Lien, Chan Family, Tang Family, Cho Family, etc....See where I'm coming from, look into it for yourselves only the lineages with obvious other art influences make unverified claims and promote an alternate spin on the history to justify their innovations. Nothing wrong with mixing it up, that's how things evolve after all, just admit to it. Doesn't matter if it happened yesterday or 200 years ago. Even Hendrik admitted that someone in Cho family altered SLT with Choy Lay Fut, could of happened 175 years ago and for all I know that's when the Kuen Kuit was written. Whose to say that their Kuen Kuit wasn't codified after the alterations were made and that's why they have a description for all the moves in SLT. Kuen Kuit proves absolutely nothing other than someone took the time to write their understanding of the art down, it is not a certificate of authenticity by any means.

I can appreciate the relevance of how the formal salutation of Cho family coincides with Hung Mun practices and how that fits in with the performance of the opera. That is interesting, irrelevant but interesting none-the-less. I get it that it's a window to the past and what the art may or may not have looked like back then. But that is still only one version, it's a linear view. There is no absolute proof that Wing Chun was one long form, 3 forms or simply San Sik in it's originality. Truth is all 3 methods were probably used interchangeably and at roughly the same time. My argument from the very beginning is.........With so many branches how could such as huge and integral part of the art be completely forgotten and overwritten as Hendrik, Sergio and others suggest with this "DNA & Engine" theory? It's bullsh!t, nothing more than a shameless ruse of self promotion and anyone who is stupid enough to blindly believe in it obviously hasn't learned any Wing Chun that is worth a d@mn. I don't care what Great Grand Poo Pah of WC you learned from, if you believe this "theory" you didn't learn sh!t.
    Now, im known as a Hendrik sceptic ,to say the least, but im actually directing this post (and above comments) to the people that agree with him.

So, here we go......... and im asking this in all seriousness.

Reading dlcox's post, what can you (as a supporter of Hendriks theories) offer as a counter to his above statement. In other words, what can you show us or tell us to back Hendriks claims?

Ill be honest, im posting this out of frustration at his selfish spamming of the forum to push his ideas.
    I know a lot of people are sick of it, in particular when he jumps on a thread and starts twisting it into another 1850 thread.

So guys tell me, are people like me wrong?

Or are you guys seeing something i dont?

Regarding history and origins of the art, I try to stay out of the discussions as I know very little about this and, for all I know, Hendrik may be correct.

My only beef with the man is the language he, and indeed Sergio too, uses to tell us they are 'reintroducing' things to WCK that have been 'lost/forgotten/misunderstood or misinterpreted, etc.'

What Hendrik refers to as force flow, momentum handling, seven bows, etc, are IMO in lots of people's WCK. In that sense, I fully agree with dlcox.

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT.. View Post
    Regarding history and origins of the art, I try to stay out of the discussions as I know very little about this and, for all I know, Hendrik may be correct.

My only beef with the man is the language he, and indeed Sergio too, uses to tell us they are 'reintroducing' things to WCK that have been 'lost/forgotten/misunderstood or misinterpreted, etc.'

What Hendrik refers to as force flow, momentum handling, seven bows, etc, are IMO in lots of people's WCK. In that sense, I fully agree with dlcox.
    My sentimemst are similar BP.

By all means put forward YOUR views on History, but don't belittle other folks WC as "incomplete"

Oh, unless you can prove otherwise.

Well, I don't know that I would call myself an "Hendrik supporter." I still think he is absolutely wrong with his idea that KLPSWCK can't train the same "gong" within our San Sik as is trained in the SLT form. And I think he is absolutely wrong when he says that since KLPSWCK has no SLT form as a whole that it is somehow incomplete.

But....the idea of "DNA" I think is valid. Going back to my long drawn out argument/discussion on the other thread about HFY......Looking at the similarities between systems of Wing Chun is essentially looking at their "DNA." That's how one can see the difference between the "Red Boat" lineages and HFY as a "Hung Society" lineage. Joy will tell you that there are signature moves that identifies different lineages within Yip Man WCK. Those signature moves are part of that lineage's "DNA."

The idea of an "engine" is also valid. Different systems have different biomechanics that are used to generate power. The "engine" of WCK is different and distinguished from the "engine" of Karate or Tai Chi or Ba Gua or Jiu Jitsu or Boxing, etc.

So Glen I guess you'll have to be more specific about which of Hendrik's claims you want backed up.

So Glen I guess you'll have to be more specific about which of Hendrik's claims you want backed up.
    ;

That what he preaches is the original, and that to be "complete" you should follow his theories

He draws any circumstantial evidence to back his claims, like walking into that temple in China, seeing something about small knives society or something like that and... hey bingo... theres the proof!
    Its nonsense Keith the way he cherry picks evidence.
    He then claims of it being verified by experts, but they are just people with the same agenda/ideas.

So, point 1, the history.

Point 2, the outcomes.
    He keeps going on about transformation, complete and so on, so id like to see an example of someone that is simply better at Wc having adopted these methods.

So there is the 2 things, and i want to know WHY folks believe him?!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    [...]

So guys tell me, are people like me wrong?

Or are you guys seeing something i dont?
    I don't think you are wrong on many points GlennR. Hendrik is spamming the boards and it is understandable given what must be his heightened emotional state over this period, due to all the social drama in which he is entangled. I am not privy to all the drama but if he is a practicing Buddhist, perhaps he should engage in some introspection and consider what he is overly attaching himself to.

As KPM notes, a lot of what he says is already practiced. For example the idea of 'the bows' is in Ip Chun wing chun albeit, in my experience, not openly taught in the 'average' lesson. However, there are things Hendrik has said and introduced me to that are new, useful to my training needs and good food for thought. Personally, I avoid any of the claims to 'origins' and I think it a huge error on Hendrik's behalf to associate himself with Sergio. Oh what a tangled web we weave and all that.

What he is trying to tell you can't necessarily be shown, but first you have to understand you don't know as much as you think you know, then you can learn it. You also must believe there is an easier way and be willing to spend many hours trying to figure it out.

That what he preaches is the original, and that to be "complete" you should follow his theories

---Can't help with that one. You saw my views on his idea of what is "complete" above.

---I think the idea that Wing Chun came from a fusion of White Crane and a Snake style is solid. But what kind of historical proof would there be? A document stating "I, Ng Mui created Wing Chun after studying White Crane and Emei Snake"?? There are no "smoking guns." But the legends suggest that this is true. Watching a fight between a Snake and a Crane to gain inspiration is just a metaphor for the system coming from this origin. The link with White Crane should be pretty obvious, given the many similarities we share. The Snake link is a bit more tenuous, but good people have been exposed to Emei Snake and say they see the similarities as well.

Point 2, the outcomes.
    He keeps going on about transformation, complete and so on, so id like to see an example of someone that is simply better at Wc having adopted these methods.

----Good point! Rather than all his speeches, I would rather see Hendrik post some youtube footage of what he is saying in action....showing how it works and not just talking about it. He needs to show people applying it in a 2 man format.

---Like I said, I only believe part of what he has been saying. No one has to be a "Hendrik convert" and buy into the whole package. I believe some of his historical points because it does match what people like Rene Ritchie, Robert Chu, and Jim Roselando have concluded as well. I believe some of his biomechanical points because it does match with good power generation and "force handling" from a biomechanical standpoint. Like any of us, I think Hendrik has a tendency to overstate his case much of the time. This comes across as an "agenda." But really, he has nothing financial to gain. Reputation-wise he comes here and ****es people off on a regular basis, so that can't be the motivation. He isn't trying to build a student base or big organization like Sergio. Heck, does he even have regular students? I think Hendrik just has ideas he wants to share for some validation. That may be an ego thing, but not in a bad way. Everyone wants to have their ideas and opinions validated to some extent. Anyway, just my 2 cents. Probably doesn't help much.

The link with White Crane should be pretty obvious, given the many similarities we share.
    Confused a little, are you saying you do White Crane here?

As for the rest of what you posted well I think its all to be found in the manner in which the subject is raised.

Ron Goninan
    China Fuzhou Zhenlan Crane Boxing Australia
    White Crane Research Institute Inc
    http://www.whitecranegongfu.info
    A seeker of the way

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post

---Can't help with that one. You saw my views on his idea of what is "complete" above.

---I think the idea that Wing Chun came from a fusion of White Crane and a Snake style is solid. But what kind of historical proof would there be? A document stating "I, Ng Mui created Wing Chun after studying White Crane and Emei Snake"?? There are no "smoking guns." But the legends suggest that this is true. Watching a fight between a Snake and a Crane to gain inspiration is just a metaphor for the system coming from this origin. The link with White Crane should be pretty obvious, given the many similarities we share. The Snake link is a bit more tenuous, but good people have been exposed to Emei Snake and say they see the similarities as well.

Point 2, the outcomes.

----Good point! Rather than all his speeches, I would rather see Hendrik post some youtube footage of what he is saying in action....showing how it works and not just talking about it. He needs to show people applying it in a 2 man format.

---Like I said, I only believe part of what he has been saying. No one has to be a "Hendrik convert" and buy into the whole package. I believe some of his historical points because it does match what people like Rene Ritchie, Robert Chu, and Jim Roselando have concluded as well. I believe some of his biomechanical points because it does match with good power generation and "force handling" from a biomechanical standpoint. Like any of us, I think Hendrik has a tendency to overstate his case much of the time. This comes across as an "agenda." But really, he has nothing financial to gain. Reputation-wise he comes here and ****es people off on a regular basis, so that can't be the motivation. He isn't trying to build a student base or big organization like Sergio. Heck, does he even have regular students? I think Hendrik just has ideas he wants to share for some validation. That may be an ego thing, but not in a bad way. Everyone wants to have their ideas and opinions validated to some extent. Anyway, just my 2 cents. Probably doesn't help much.

1. This is a piece of Wck 1850 information, if we don't know about it , Wck history and DNA will be lost. Sure, I can be wrong. But it is better I share it and let you judge then I bring it to my coffin and the whole thing vanish. Then, I am a sinner who don't report what I have found which is not belongs to every wcners. As a wcner I have a duty to be public minded to tell what have been found

2. I am talking 1850 data point, not who's lineage is the olderst , the most authentic, the most complete...which grandmaster know it all...etc. I am talking what we today can verify in 1850 red boat Wck. There might be better information surface later , but for now, IMHO, this is the further data point in Wck we can track down and verify from different sources across Chinese official history, tcma history DNA, uprising heaven and eart association practice at that era.

Should I kept for myself or should all wcners know this exist and solidly know what the Wck ancestors has done and how is thier art parr in anyway with present advance internal art from the northern china?

Without these data, how can we champion Wck and Wck ancestors ?

3. As for the white crane and emei, there are multiple verification from different party happen and still proceed.

As for the snake emei verify snt recently another case happen in china with the emei practitioner who we never know. The answer is : signature of emei within YKSLT shown to him were identify, and the seven bows is a proper beginner practice with even fine joints or bow handling at higher level. inch Jin has been identify match the legendary wck inch Jin description where to limbs or body with almost not moving. Qi and Jin in YKSLT on emei related writing also verified.

4. My agenda is simple, I am right or wrong, all wcners have the right to know what I have found. And everyone is free to make thier own decision.

5. For those who is interested

The following is the formulae 2014 which I extract out from YKSLT . The process embedded in the slt set to develop the bio mechanics ....etc to be most basic level.

Clean your cup , Take a look closely , there are things which is not what the general public think.

I don't want to say more because it is almost always the case of
    I will be accused as I put down on others, I promote my lineage, other lineage or grand master already have it........ I don't see anything different....

In fact is one needs alots background to know what I share .
    What I can tell you is " toto we are not in Kansas anymore."

Wck 1850 is deep and rich in the area of both health and martial art application. It is a complete ancient system

------

The Formulae 2014 is A complete systematic process of Jin development embedded within the snt practice. Formulae 2014 were compose in 2014 to aids the study of the Wck Jin develpmant within the Snt set or other Wck sets.

Formulae 2014 is A six steps sequencing process cover six core elements. It is an internal art development process based on YK SLT , YK SLT Kuit, Emei12 zhuang, and white crane from fujian.

Formulae 2014

Step:
    1. Collect the intention union with awareness on equal shoulder stance. (Loose expand )
    2. Meeting in lower abdomen breathing is smooth ( deep breathing)
    3. Snake slide worm move joins progressively link ( joins handling)
    4. Couple with ground needs the feet bow ( ground coupling)
    5. Seven bows align into a path way for Jin or force flow ( Force flow path construction )
    6. Action and reaction force handling develop Jin or force flow ( force flow handling)

Formulae 2014 embedded within SNT

section 1, yjkym section implement step 1 and 2.
    Develop loose expand , deep breathing, and grow Qi

Section 2, snake reel section implement step 3.
    Develop joins handling and adaptive

Section 3, Sam pai fut section imolement step 4, 5, 6
    Develop ground coupling, force flow path, and force flow handling.

Five parts YouTube

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-3E_T4Z...e_gdata_player

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yPpXpIO...e_gdata_player

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...e_gdata_player

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WTHw2Jq...e_gdata_player

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...e_gdata_player

6. IMHO, a Wck renessance has been started, there will be more wcners surface to study the ancient and evolve into future. As in the renessance, there will be the church , the resistance, the free thinker , the next generation ....etc.

I am just a small potato sharing the planet earth is round not flat. If you continous to expect it as flat then you will not see what it is.

Mark my words, a decade from today, at 2024, you look back at 1980 Wck video footage you will see what is the different.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-12-2014 at 10:46 AM.

I am just trying to tell you, this davinci drawing exist, and there is science within art. Nothing more nothing less.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-12-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minghequan View Post
    Confused a little, are you saying you do White Crane here?

As for the rest of what you posted well I think its all to be found in the manner in which the subject is raised.
    Without the fujian white crane : center line theory, the center capture momentum, the hand technics of white crane specifically Zhao Yang, and zhao yang momentum,

Where will Wck come from?

One just have to have a good back ground to make pragmatic comment. Otherwise, it is just anyone's five cents and never solving any issue .

YKSLT kuit

Y18企掌屈肘單昭陽
    Erect palm bent elbow single zhao yang

The following photo is single zhao yang. A unique pre 1800 fujian signature.
    In the photo , it show zhao yang, describe center line and one fist between elbow and body.

How far do want still want to argue? Yes white crane or no white crane?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-12-2014 at 10:06 AM.

YKSLT kuit

Y15合實雙掌穿心貫。
    Joining the two palms drive through the heart

The following fujian white crane photo shows exactly the same move of Y15.

Notice the photo says : Poh Jung or breaking the center , center as center line.

Again, can this be multiple accident in WCK's YKSLT 1850 data point?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-12-2014 at 10:51 AM.

YKSLT kuit

Part 1
    Y21下結關元參佛手。
    Lower knot at guan yuan area (then turn into ) counsel Buddha hands.

Part 2
    Ya20囘身中宮參佛手
    Return to ( re capture ) the center with Buddha counsel hands.

The attached photo shows emei 12 zhuang hand technics which was refer as Counsel Buddha hands or praying Buddha hand.

This phot is similar with Ya20 in part 2 of YKSLT .

Thus, how far can we argue, yes emei , no emei?

I encourage everyone to do a good homework and see for yourself.
    Never take a single word from me.

Also, I have no interest to convert anyone to my cult.
    Actually , I don't have one either.

It is your property from your ancestors that is what I like to tell you. Yours! Not mine. Up to you to claim it if you like. Your free of choice .

We do know Wck history and DNA. We do.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-12-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Here I have shared enough.

I leave it to you. I sign off now and will take a long term vacation from KFO.

I am just a small potato story teller who is insignificant.
    I am not a grandmaster and not any the only guy. Not the know it all. And have no interest in open a school. Or compete for gate holder position. Or promote my lineage.
    so, no need to waste your energy attack me.

As for the biomechanics and Jin or power generation, and the difference between
    SPM, yi chuan, taiji, hard , soft, WCK Seven bows and general Wck, I propose you guys get Wcners like Jim Rosallendo who has studied all of the above to share what are the differences.

Get a neutral person like Jim and let him tell you the story .

Finally, IMHO

Lineages = evolution

Common denominator exist within different Wck lineages and the fujian white crane or emei 12 zhuang = DNA

I leave it all to you guys now.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-12-2014 at 10:38 AM.