Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Wing Chun KO in MMA - Iron Wolves Fighter Chu Sau Lei Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT.. View Post
    I saw the question, but didn't think he was asking seriously. It's kinda Wing Chun 101 (no pun intended ) - WCK lineages approach body methods in a 'similar' way, and I figured do we need a post that lists why we hold our body the way we do, what relationship that has with our arm positions, what that means regarding facing, what muscles can be engaged, how it relates to WCK footwork, etc?... Just as a counter to the question: why do we CSL WCK leaning forward and bending down the head at they lunge forward with a strike?

Most stick to the basic skeletal alignment of the head being up and the spinal column straight, "Push the head up to the sky, feet firmly on the ground", etc. This is why I ask for some clarification from Chris - why do they do what they do, and where does it come from?

Same for the ducking and weaving, same for the hands positioned by the side of the face, same for them using the hands and gloves to cover and take hits, etc.

I was hoping to learn more from him, before the thread moved from a 'why' to a 'why not'.
    You are approaching this from a model point of view. The model is this and what you do does not look like the model.

The model will not work in fighting for the most part. The model is to teach you the substance. What you do with the substance is up to you.

Sometime we all see something and, well... it begs questions. A few people had questions regarding the CSL fight clip and then perhaps even more for the light sparring clip Alan posted.

Nothing sinister going on here - just people asking Qs to try and understand more. Like I said, I am happy to change my opinion if it's proved wrong
    Proved wrong?? We are ones using our system and testing it under pressure. I think my track record as a teacher is fine and is not under question. If you want to be proved right then post your fights or chi sao or training and then we can compare if you have any grounds to be in a position to be proved of anything.

I saw the question, but didn't think he was asking seriously. It's kinda Wing Chun 101 (no pun intended ) - WCK lineages approach body methods in a 'similar' way, and I figured do we need a post that lists why we hold our body the way we do, what relationship that has with our arm positions, what that means regarding facing, what muscles can be engaged, how it relates to WCK footwork, etc?... Just as a counter to the question: why do we CSL WCK leaning forward and bending down the head at they lunge forward with a strike?

Most stick to the basic skeletal alignment of the head being up and the spinal column straight, "Push the head up to the sky, feet firmly on the ground", etc. This is why I ask for some clarification from Chris - why do they do what they do, and where does it come from?

Same for the ducking and weaving, same for the hands positioned by the side of the face, same for them using the hands and gloves to cover and take hits, etc.

I was hoping to learn more from him, before the thread moved from a 'why' to a 'why not'.

Because we use our wing chun in the real world and in real time. It's not just drills and rolling. When you are in a real world let me know. We deal with the problem in front of us. Like I said it's not robot wing chun

WCK lineages approach body methods in a 'similar' way, and I figured do we need a post that lists why we hold our body the way we do, what relationship that has with our arm positions, what that means regarding facing, what muscles can be engaged, how it relates to WCK footwork, etc?...
    If we look at the way you stand, turn, and move in LTWT, it's not similar to CSLWC or WSLVT. The latter two do these things in much the same way and don't agree with LTWT for the same reasons.

Just as a counter to the question: why do we CSL WCK leaning forward and bending down the head at they lunge forward with a strike?
    Probably because they know how to knock someone out, and it's not by keeping the head high, leaning back, and extending the fist out like this guy:

Name:  leung-ting-3.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  34.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Orr View Post
    WTF why do I need to explain it to you? You can't see it and can't understand it. Watch the video's that I post and maybe one day you will get it, maybe not.
    Why? Because you post these clips on a forum. A place where people talk.

But you don't want to give a detailed response when someone asks you questions?

"You can't even give your name lol I can't waste my time then."

And my name helps you explain something? Call me Beatrice, if you want. If you can answer the questions, why not do so?

Some criticize this as looking like a Western Boxing guard too, but nope. It's Chinese Boxing. They just don't understand Ving Tsun and want to constrain it to their man/wu, cookie cutter model of what the "style" should be regardless of who's using it. These people aren't fighters.

Name:  master_wong.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  11.6 KB

And my name helps you explain something? Call me Beatrice, if you want. If you can answer the questions, why not do so?
    A girls name suits you

Just because I share a clip or post information in clips for people- doesn't mean I'm here to do a q & a. I'm happy to chat to people and also answer some question at times. But to explain to someone who is so far off track to what I do is a waste of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Some criticize this as looking like a Western Boxing guard too, but nope. It's Chinese Boxing. They just don't understand Ving Tsun and want to constrain it to their man/wu, cookie cutter model of what the "style" should be regardless of who's using it. These people aren't fighters.

Name:  master_wong.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  11.6 KB
    This picture shows Man Wu structure in a forward stance. Not comparable to Alan's guys keeping both fists up by the side of their heads, centerline open.

A girls name suits you

Just because I share a clip or post information in clips for people- doesn't mean I'm here to do a q & a. I'm happy to chat to people and also answer some question at times. But to explain to someone who is so far off track to what I do is a waste of my time.
    Sounds like you can't/won't explain. Love the silly insults by the way - mature!

@ Alan

Your Hidden clip show's delinking - something trained in the first Chi Sau section of LTWT. It's good stuff, but I don't know why you assume this can't be seen by others.

Sounds like you can't/won't explain. Love the silly insults by the way - mature!
    Mature?? Like your girls name. No it's not can't its don't need to.

Blog Entries

Your fixation on the minutiae of what we are doing wrong when using our method in combat is getting very boring. We have been more than accomodating with your anally retentive questioning. You ask, but don't give anything to give your critique any credibility. Show us your wing chun, your expression. It's very easy to do, I'm sure you have a mobile phone with filming capability or know someone who does and you could quickly get someone to film you sparring hard.

You can't expect people to keep going out of their way posting clips and replying to your questions when you give nothing back. The more you post the more you sound like an armchair quarterback who's never really tested his skills. Supply a clip then we can see where we are going wrong. I have a sneaky suspicion though that if you did supply a clip you wouldn't like the constructive criticism it might receive...

This picture shows Man Wu structure in a forward stance. Not comparable to Alan's guys keeping both fists up by the side of their heads, centerline open.
    Wasn't meant to be a comparison, just saying people make uninformed criticisms all the time. But why would it matter?

What is the problem with them guarding like that? Wing Chun can only be applied from the one cooker cutter guard? We don't necessarily have to occupy the centerline in order to control or defend it. It's not a fighting style, but a fighting skill.

Mature?? Like your girls name.
    That could actually be her real name. BPWT = Beatrice P. who does Wing Tsun.

Blog Entries
    Concur with LFJ, controlling the centreline doesn't mean you have to physically occupy it. This is the sort of observation beginners make