Thread: Best Wing Chun KO in MMA - Iron Wolves Fighter Chu Sau Lei Wing Chun

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT.. View Post
    Hey Grumblegeezer. Actually, for me, I see many things in Alan's instructional clips that resonate with the WT method.

So with this new bridging clip, much of it makes sense.

That said, I don't like the example given at 2.12, however... as this is not a good example of bridging (IMO), so it does of course lead to being hit by the second punch.

It was a rough demo, of course, so I get it was only to illustrate an idea (but the bridging hand was more horizontal than forward, the body not behind it, etc, and a Pak Sau motion shouldn't be done as a single motion without a strike - but before anyone jumps all over this post from me, it's all cool... I get that it was just a quick example from Alan).

A better test would be to post it on a boxing forum and say it's a clip of two boxers you're training... and then see how many people pipe up to say, "Actually, that looks more like Wing Chun Kung Fu to me."

The example is not good bridging of course. I showed that as if you look on you tube you will see many clips of wing chun where this is what they are doing. Anyway most boxers do not understand wing chun so posting the clip to them means nothing. Also I'm sharing the clip with the wing Chun world who on the whole are very happy to see wing chun working under pressure. You think that would be a good thing.

Already I have add hundreds of emails saying it's great to see my team using wing chun and doing well as they have done for 10 years now in combat sports. Including chi sao events.

Wing chun is a Chinese boxing system to me and close to western boxing but but the same in principles of use. If you can't see that then not much I can say about it. As I keep saying if you know what your looking for then it's clear what is wing chun.

Post your sparring so we can see if we see wing chun in the same way.

What is your name? Which style do you train ?
    Last edited by Alan Orr; 04-23-2014 at 01:52 PM.