Quote Originally Posted by BPWT.. View Post
I saw the question, but didn't think he was asking seriously. It's kinda Wing Chun 101 (no pun intended ) - WCK lineages approach body methods in a 'similar' way, and I figured do we need a post that lists why we hold our body the way we do, what relationship that has with our arm positions, what that means regarding facing, what muscles can be engaged, how it relates to WCK footwork, etc?... Just as a counter to the question: why do we CSL WCK leaning forward and bending down the head at they lunge forward with a strike?

Most stick to the basic skeletal alignment of the head being up and the spinal column straight, "Push the head up to the sky, feet firmly on the ground", etc. This is why I ask for some clarification from Chris - why do they do what they do, and where does it come from?

Same for the ducking and weaving, same for the hands positioned by the side of the face, same for them using the hands and gloves to cover and take hits, etc.

I was hoping to learn more from him, before the thread moved from a 'why' to a 'why not'.
You are approaching this from a model point of view. The model is this and what you do does not look like the model.

The model will not work in fighting for the most part. The model is to teach you the substance. What you do with the substance is up to you.