Attached Images Attached Images  

Lower bows

Upper bows

The end of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I think this is a "taste" of the close body approach that Hendrik has been talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfauOVT6lZ0

Thanks !

The further we travel back in time the more it get close to 1848. What it is always leave a trace.

Very cool illustrations Hendrik! Can I bring in a little more anatomy to see if I understand well enough?

7 - Foot Bow = Arch of the foot with the elasticity of the plantar fascia and spring ligament to help transmit and store force

6 - Ankle Bow = Elasticity of the Achilles tendon to transmit and store force

5 - Knee Bow = Combination of tendon insertions of the hamstrings and gastroc muscles giving 4 tendons that all cross the joint. Lots of elasticity and power here!

4 - Hip Bow = Would this be more than just the acetabular joint? Wouldn't this actually be the Kua? As I understand it the Kua is the pelvis as a whole which would include the acetabular joints, the sacroiliac joints, the pubic symphysis and the lumbosacral junction of the lower back. Lots of guiding, steering and transmission of force potential here!

3 - Shoulder Bow = Like the Hip Bow, I think this would be more than just the shoulder or glenohumeral joint. Wouldn't this actually be the entire shoulder girdle? This would include the glenohumeral joint, the acromioclavicular joint, the sternoclavicular joint, and the scapulothoracic articulation (not really a joint, but where the scapula slides over the chest wall). Less ligament/tendon elasticity here, but good muscular control.

2 - Elbow Bow = pretty straight-forward as elbow joint

1 - Wrist Bow = pretty straight-forward as wrist joint

Where does the spine fit into this model? I've always considered the spine as a "bow" that is important in linking the lower body and upper body and transmitting the force between them. It can use a "wave" action or a "torque" action to send out force and momentum in different ways. IMHO it shouldn't be passive any more than the hips are passive.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Very cool illustrations Hendrik! Can I bring in a little more anatomy to see if I understand well enough?

7 - Foot Bow = Arch of the foot with the elasticity of the plantar fascia and spring ligament to help transmit and store force

6 - Ankle Bow = Elasticity of the Achilles tendon to transmit and store force

5 - Knee Bow = Combination of tendon insertions of the hamstrings and gastroc muscles giving 4 tendons that all cross the joint. Lots of elasticity and power here!

4 - Hip Bow = Would this be more than just the acetabular joint? Wouldn't this actually be the Kua? As I understand it the Kua is the pelvis as a whole which would include the acetabular joints, the sacroiliac joints, the pubic symphysis and the lumbosacral junction of the lower back. Lots of guiding, steering and transmission of force potential here!

3 - Shoulder Bow = Like the Hip Bow, I think this would be more than just the shoulder or glenohumeral joint. Wouldn't this actually be the entire shoulder girdle? This would include the glenohumeral joint, the acromioclavicular joint, the sternoclavicular joint, and the scapulothoracic articulation (not really a joint, but where the scapula slides over the chest wall). Less ligament/tendon elasticity here, but good muscular control.

2 - Elbow Bow = pretty straight-forward as elbow joint

1 - Wrist Bow = pretty straight-forward as wrist joint

Where does the spine fit into this model? I've always considered the spine as a "bow" that is important in linking the lower body and upper body and transmitting the force between them. It can use a "wave" action or a "torque" action to send out force and momentum in different ways. IMHO it shouldn't be passive any more than the hips are passive.

Great!

Thanks!

The seven bows are where one can handle the power pretty safe (still don't want to abuse it) without have to concern of damage basically .

Spine is fragile, no force should apply to it. So it should feel like transparent. In fact to develop spine is to train such that it feel transparent and leavitate like.

If you feel something or trying to use force with spine, that is the indication of the stagnation of force in that part of the body.

Also, if the opponent target lock your spine position and inject a force pulse to it while one is using that part of joints , it can cause serious issue. Thus, spine must be keep "transparent or lite weight."

it is no good to introduce in the beginning stage. Mis handle of spine is a serious issue.

3, at the intermedia level of seven bows handling, the joints is like transparent. All of them are light weight and be able to the evoke at will for the purpose of force flow handling. It is exactly like a transformers robots joints.

So, wcners, no spine play, never do that. Make it transparent and let the seven bows distribute the force. That way you know you are consider safe to a certain degree.

4. Speaking on the evolution of Wck, the following utube is a good realistic sample data point on what happen today, analyze it with the long fist and short strike art type. Obverse the biomechanics....and momentum handling ..etc

This utube is shown only as a sample for technical discussion. Nothing else, and I think both wcners in the video did a great job . I appreciate their contribution. I am just a researcher looking at Wck evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uneh...=youtube_gdata
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-19-2014 at 08:58 AM.

As for to see what it is on the seven bows handling.

One just needs to use the formulae 2014 to activate the SNT.
    No need to import taiji, SPM, ....or reinvent the wheel. Just let what it is surface as it is.

Formulae 2014 is A six steps sequencing process cover six core elements. It is an internal art development process embedded with 1848 YKSLT . Emei 12 zhuang technology is used within with its specific way of development .

Step:
    1. Collect the intention union with awareness on equal shoulder stance. (Loose expand )
    2. Meeting in lower abdomen breathing is smooth ( deep breathing)
    3. Snake slide worm move joins progressively link ( joins handling)
    4. Couple with ground needs the feet bow ( ground coupling)
    5. Seven bows align into a path way for Jin or force flow ( Force flow path construction )
    6. Action and reaction force handling develop Jin or force flow ( force flow handling)

Formulae 2014 embedded within any older SNT

section 1, yjkym section implement step 1 and 2.
    Develop loose expand , deep breathing, and grow Qi

Section 2, snake reel section implement step 3.
    Develop joins handling and adaptive

Section 3, Sam pai fut section imolement step 4, 5, 6
    Develop ground coupling, force flow path, and force flow handling.

Make sure every step and millstone understood and reach before proceed

Five parts YouTube

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-3E_T4Z...e_gdata_player
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-19-2014 at 09:49 AM.