Thread: Wing chun training partner in Hong Kong

Wing chun training partner in Hong Kong

Hi

I just moved to HK, have been learning wing chun for a few years,but I am starting from scratch out here. Would really like a training partner/partners. Basically a friendly group to practice basic techniques & drills, pad work& also do a bit of chi sau. if this sounds fun, or u know of a group already in existence please message me.i would be aiming to practice on the weekend (Preferably Saturday morning).i'm not looking for a class.this is supplementary training. It also doesn't matter your lineage, I am open to learning & helping everyone (no BS, no politics, just training).

Cheers
    Dave

Dude! You're in Hong Kong! If you can't find someone to train Wing Chun with, then something is wrong! I could name a 1/2 dozen people at least that I would be looking up!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_chi_sau View Post
    Hi

I just moved to HK, have been learning wing chun for a few years,but I am starting from scratch out here. Would really like a training partner/partners. Basically a friendly group to practice basic techniques & drills, pad work& also do a bit of chi sau. if this sounds fun, or u know of a group already in existence please message me.i would be aiming to practice on the weekend (Preferably Saturday morning).i'm not looking for a class.this is supplementary training. It also doesn't matter your lineage, I am open to learning & helping everyone (no BS, no politics, just training).

Cheers
    Dave
    I know of at least 3 open groups which practice regularly. The format is usually touch hands, but if your partners agrees, I suppose they may accommodate your particular training wishes.

on alternating Thursday or Friday night @ Sifu Ma Kei Fai's school
    hosted by Roger Lam
    Usually there are some senior TST students as well as a cross section of other branches and styles, and sometimes even boxing & muay thai

Every Friday night 9pm @ the park near MTR Tai Wo Hau station, there's a group of mainly WSL people. Not sure if they are still active.
    I don't have the contact information. If you are interested, just show up and see.

on Sundays 10am-12 @ HK Polytechnic University
    hosted by a Yip Chun student
    I haven't tried this group personally, so let us know what it's like.

Quote Originally Posted by dfl View Post
    I know of at least 3 open groups which practice regularly. The format is usually touch hands, but if your partners agrees, I suppose they may accommodate your particular training wishes.

on alternating Thursday or Friday night @ Sifu Ma Kei Fai's school
    hosted by Roger Lam
    Usually there are some senior TST students as well as a cross section of other branches and styles, and sometimes even boxing & muay thai

Every Friday night 9pm @ the park near MTR Tai Wo Hau station, there's a group of mainly WSL people. Not sure if they are still active.
    I don't have the contact information. If you are interested, just show up and see.

on Sundays 10am-12 @ HK Polytechnic University
    hosted by a Yip Chun student
    I haven't tried this group personally, so let us know what it's like.

Chan Kim Man Scientific Ving Tsun Association (陳儉文詠春拳學會)
    (Disciple of Master Wong Shun Leung) (黃淳樑授徒)
    · Tel: (852) 5166-4226
    Email: scientificvingtsun@gmail.com / sifu@chankimman-svt.com
    "Ving Tsun is a horse not everybody can ride"

Wong Shun Leung.

Which area are you gonna be in? I just came back from HK and go there every 2-3 months.

thanks for the feedback :D

Thanks for the replies. This feedback is awesome and extremely helpful. I will look into the links provided. Currently I am based in Central. However I shall be moving to the New Territories in the next few months (Sha Tin or Tai Wai area).

Location isn't too much of a issue as HK transport system allows you to get anywhere pretty quickly. Looking to start a training group mainly around Saturday morning (maybe the odd Sunday morning).

If you are visiting HK, give me shout. Would be nice to meet up and train (depending on time and availability). Just to be clear, I have been training a while in WC but I am not a teacher/instructor. I have basically restarted the system from a beginner level as the standards here are a little different (/higher). If you are looking for someone to go over the MYJ, Biu Tze or BCD you won't find it from me. My concept of training and building the basics to a very high level, before moving forward.

Cheers
    Dave