Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Basic Seven bows technology in SNT

[QUOTE=GlennR;1265954]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post

Gee, bit to special to answer his question are you?
    haha! well, his question involved what to do against an attacking an opponent, hendrik is only able to offer YK SNT solo training information. Which is why he could only reply with "Practice SNT"
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

gaga land?

You don't . So don't waste time in gaga land.

gaga land? that was rude! i happen to like lady gaga; my kids play her stuff its good.

ya know if i came across rude i didnt mean to. i am actually intrigued by your info. all this talk about the breathing and qigong and it being different then tai chi or some other internal arts etc.... receiving the force into the ground and "rooting" as i call it; is the first thing you learn in tai chi chuan. the very first day of tai chi chuan; we learn to relax open the joints breath nautrally from the belly, send the chi to the dan tien. we have one long form, we use circles, we root to the ground, we issue force to repel the opponent. we learn "peng" repeling energy. after my whole life in the martial arts; i dont believe i am any good at all, but i have a very good understandingof how it all works.

please refer to works by proffessor chen man ching and his student william c.c.chen; you will be suprised at how similar your technology is to there's. king solomon said " there is nothing new under the sun"
    sincerly, eddie

a simple question

so why can't you answer a simple question? i say my basic tai chi training is equivalent to your emie snake or whatever you call it training. unless i'm some kind of alien with two heads and and no body or something; you can only recieve force so many ways.
    sincerly, eddie

Quote Originally Posted by deejaye72 View Post
    You don't . So don't waste time in gaga land.

gaga land? that was rude! i happen to like lady gaga; my kids play her stuff its good.

ya know if i came across rude i didnt mean to. i am actually intrigued by your info. all this talk about the breathing and qigong and it being different then tai chi or some other internal arts etc.... receiving the force into the ground and "rooting" as i call it; is the first thing you learn in tai chi chuan. the very first day of tai chi chuan; we learn to relax open the joints breath nautrally from the belly, send the chi to the dan tien. we have one long form, we use circles, we root to the ground, we issue force to repel the opponent. we learn "peng" repeling energy. after my whole life in the martial arts; i dont believe i am any good at all, but i have a very good understandingof how it all works.

please refer to works by proffessor chen man ching and his student william c.c.chen; you will be suprised at how similar your technology is to there's. king solomon said " there is nothing new under the sun"

I am not trying to be rude. I appology if I cause you to miss understood.

Just a friendly way if saying not worthed to go there.

It is a dead trap into there .

These stuffs you talk about is missed a split inch miss a thousand mile. So, if it is not getting into the details it really is a gaga land.

so why can't you answer a simple question? i say my basic tai chi training is equivalent to your emie snake or whatever you call it training. unless i'm some kind of alien with two heads and and no body or something; you can only recieve force so many ways.
    Because nothing is simple.

Things can looks similar but different inside.

Tai chi from Chen man Ching is not equivalent to emei snake engine. Different process develop different skill.

Ie. Wck doesn't do those big hip circular movement as yang tai chi.

ok; lets say i have the basic training.

An assumption which is non realistic.

Unless one know what type of gung one develop specifically, the assumption is meaning less.

when i'm pushed violently into my chest;
    do i send the energy to the lower bows with my mind,or
    do i physically lower my knees to handle this force? or, do i do both?

1. Push violently means you don't have time, You have to dissolve the force at spot of contact.

2.too late to think , you ability needs to kick in.

3. There is no such thing as send the energy without physical change, no matter how micro movement it is at advance level of Kung fu.

this is recieving the force. i'm not talking about issuing yet.

There is no such thing as recieving and not talking about issuing.

Action and reaction force happen in the same instant.

And if one body cannot response automatically, one don't have the art.

So, what is the point to discuss these things which is non realistic but philosophical thinking?

Push violently means you don't have time, You have to dissolve the force at spot of contact.
    ok fair enough; how do i do that?

There is no such thing as recieving and not talking about issuing.

Action and reaction force happen in the same instant.

And if one body cannot response automatically, one don't have the art.
    if you practice something long enough it becomes automatic; part of your neuromuscular system. it doesnt take secret kung fu to do that.

So, what is the point to discuss these things which is non realistic but philosophical thinking?
    kind of like practicing recieving force without a partner. if i cant apply this to a training partner i dont need kung fu i need a chair.
    sincerly, eddie

repel

please dont take what i say as being rude i am merely trying to understand what you are trying to say, but we are limited to the technology of our time. i think we are talking about similar things; you say its different. ok i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

let's say i know your yk wing chun kung fu. i get pushed in the chest! what happens? does the guy get repeled and go flying backwards?
    does he fall where he is standing? what are the results of having this knowledge?
    sincerly, eddie

please dont take what i say as being rude i am merely trying to understand what you are trying to say, but we are limited to the technology of our time. i think we are talking about similar things; you say its different. ok i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

let's say i know your yk wing chun kung fu. i get pushed in the chest! what happens? does the guy get repeled and go flying backwards?
    does he fall where he is standing? what are the results of having this knowledge?
    How can I know?

Nothing fix.

Knowledge mean nothing.

if you practice something long enough it becomes automatic; part of your neuromuscular system. it doesnt take secret kung fu to do that. ------

I have never talked about secret .

kind of like practicing recieving force without a partner. if i cant apply this to a training partner i dont need kung fu i need a chair.-----

Sorry, i am not interested in this type of discussion.

??

kind of like practicing recieving force without a partner. if i cant apply this to a training partner i dont need kung fu i need a chair.-----

Sorry, i am not interested in this type of discussion.
    so your saying you dont apply this to a training partner or opponent? without application we dont need kung fu. maybe we need to take up knitting class.
    sincerly, eddie

repel

Name:  chengmanching.jpeg
Views: 350
Size:  5.9 KB

ok so i know this is not the same, but we know he is was human, he had ground coupling, he was relaxed, he had sensitivity,
    he could recieve and issue force, and his opponent was applying a force towards him. this is the result of the opponent giving him a force,
    and him (chen man ching) repeling that force instantanously. this is a still picture of a dynamic event.

now my simple question again ( i feel like i'm talking to my kids) if i applied a force to a yik kam wing chun student what would happen? would i be repeled in a similar manner? i know its not the same, but it is similar. what would be the result? or what would be the yik kam result.
    sincerly, eddie

internal arts

Name:  microcosmic-orbit.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  47.9 KB

this the micro cosmic orbit. very common in the internal arts for the pathway of the chi flow.

Stand at attention for awhile. In Taiji and Qigong, standing quietly in a meditative posture for awhile is the first phase. Relax (Sung). Shoulders are down, hands relaxed and gently touching the side of leg, and head is erect. This is the phase of WuJi (empty state), or standing like a tree (Zhan Zhuang), and Reconnecting with Oneness and Emptiness. Breathe easily and comfortably.
    Sink weight into right leg, and then step out to the left to shoulder width (1b).
    Gently raise both arms up (1c), palms facing down, to about shoulder height (1d).
    Lower both arms, palms down, to Dan Tien height, and lower knees (1e). The lower Dan Tien is a sphere of energy located a few inches behind and below the level of the navel or belly button; the middle Dan Tien is located in the heart area, and the upper Dan Tien is located behind the eyes in the brain. The most important for Taijiquan is the lower Dan Tien. Practitioners of Kundalini Yoga might consider correspondences of the 3rd Chakra (Manipurna) [Power, Will] with the Lower Dan Tien, the 4th Chakra (Anahata) [Compassion, Love] with the Middle Dan Tien, and the 6th Chakra (Aina) [Intuition, Vision, 6th Sense] with the Upper Dan Tien. The Chinese energetic system is quite different from the Indian energetic system, so correspondences are weak in this case. [Chris Akley wrote on 4/3/2012 that "Though I wouldn't say that this is wrong, I think there is a more accurate way to describe it. You could also say that the Dan Tien is in the second charka Swadhisthana which is where kundalini resides once it is awakened. But more accurately, I would say it is between the second and third chakra as this Qigong healer says, in between the energies of fire and water.]

This is movement often called "Raising Hands and Lowering Hands."
    Breathe normally as you stand, relax, and center in position 1a. Breathe in through nose, and out through the nose. Slow the respiration rate to inhaling for 4-5 seconds, holding the full in-breath for 1-2 seconds, exhaling slowly for 4 to 5 seconds, pausing 1-2 seconds before beginning the yin/yang cycle of breathing again. Breathe in at 1a, breathe out as you step to 1b.
    Breathe in as arms float up 1b-1c, and breathe out as arms float down (1d-1e).

these are instructions that i was, and am being taught in tai chi practice. as you will note; very similar to hendrik's emei qigong instructions( almost exact). i copied and pasted this from the internet cause it was easy, but i just as well could have typed it out. it is exactly what i was taught in my 20's from my father, and exactly now what i am being taught by my tai chi instructor.

what he has is special to him because it came from his sifu. he should feel special about it, its his heritage, but it's nothing special to the rest of us. the inernal arts are well documented. the history part he is teaching is interesting though, and i think he is on to something. the exercises he is teaching when you look at them with a backround in the internal arts and a critical eye; look like really bad ba gua zhang. please sifu hendrik (if you are a sifu) dont take this as an insult for i am trying to understand, but in all honesty it looks like rehashed material. unless your holding out; which i'm pretty sure you are in certain aspects. i wouldnt show all my tricks online either. ya gotta have something up your sleeve.
    sincerly, eddie

developing jing

Instructions for condensing breathing a method for developing jing

Prepare with regular meditation first. Stand with your feet parallel about a shoulders' width apart. Relax your entire body and calm your mind.

Inhale and exhale deeply, breathing from your diaphragm. Imagine fatigue and tension escaping as you exhale. Imagine fresh air and energy entering your body as you inhale.

Bring up your spirit or awareness to your head by imagining a string pulling you up.

Push your breathing lower until you reach an area about three inches below the navel and two inches inward (the tan tien, known as the center of your chi).

Pay extra attention to both of your arms. Try to sense and locate bone structure while ignoring the surrounding muscles. As you inhale imagine your breath forces the bone to condense inward toward the bone marrow.

Repeat the breathing with the focus on your arms many times until you begin to experience unusual feelings around your arms, such as tingling, trembling or other sensations.

Expand your focus. After condensing breathing in both arms, apply the same technique to other areas of the body: head, legs and so on.

i actually practiced this years ago. it feels like electric shocks running through your body when you finally get it. its a very slow process, and you cant rush it. i stopped because of work,raising a family, and practicing wing chun. there just wasnt enough time to do all this. now i'm getting older and my joints hurt. the tai chi and inernal arts have healing affects. my knees and back feel better after two years of practice every morning. like i said the internal arts are well documented, you dont need special ancient techniques handed down by a one special person.
    sincerly, eddie

Blog Entries
    if i applied a force to a yik kam wing chun student what would happen?
    The best answer to your question can be the "common sense".

- You push me.
    - I step out of your attacking path.
    - Add my force along with your force.
    - Lead you into the emptiness.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument