Thread: kumquat wing chun: buyers beware

kumquat wing chun: buyers beware

Stand at attention for awhile. In Taiji and Qigong, standing quietly in a meditative posture for awhile is the first phase. Relax (Sung). Shoulders are down, hands relaxed and gently touching the side of leg, and head is erect. This is the phase of WuJi (empty state), or standing like a tree (Zhan Zhuang), and Reconnecting with Oneness and Emptiness. Breathe easily and comfortably.
    Sink weight into right leg, and then step out to the left to shoulder width (1b).
    Gently raise both arms up (1c), palms facing down, to about shoulder height (1d).
    Lower both arms, palms down, to Dan Tien height, and lower knees (1e). The lower Dan Tien is a sphere of energy located a few inches behind and below the level of the navel or belly button; the middle Dan Tien is located in the heart area, and the upper Dan Tien is located behind the eyes in the brain. The most important for Taijiquan is the lower Dan Tien.

these are instructions for beginning the tai chi form. if i took these sentences and put them into one line instructions, and then translated them into chinese; i could tell people they are my kuen kuit. i could tell people they came from my hidden style of wing chun called kumquat wing chun; after the name of the fruit; from the tree that grows in the area; where these practioners hid from the mongolians for three hundred years.

there is a reject in the city i live in; telling his students that he went to china to train with the monks. he is telling them thats where he completed the system. what kind of crap is that? there is no skill that was hidden and now its lost in your wing chun. everything can be learned in any good wing chun school. if the internal aspects are not there, they can be learned in any internal art; be it tai chi, bagua zhang etc...

i asked my sigung about twenty years ago about a certain sifu claiming secret wing chun techniques he said " what he is teaching is advanced techniques, but its nothing special. everything thats been said about wing chun has already been said." i guess it sounds better to attract attention, and potential students; tell them you learned from monks and secret societies.

i cant blame people though, i'd much rather take lessons from a sifu who learned from a monk; then a sifu who learned from his cousin in a sweaty hong kong apartment. buyer beware. i leave you with this qoute from king solomon:
    What has been is what will be,
    and what has been done is what will be done,
    and there is nothing new under the sun.
    sincerly, eddie

Quote Originally Posted by deejaye72 View Post
    Stand at attention for awhile. In Taiji and Qigong, standing quietly in a meditative posture for awhile is the first phase. Relax (Sung). Shoulders are down, hands relaxed and gently touching the side of leg, and head is erect. This is the phase of WuJi (empty state), or standing like a tree (Zhan Zhuang), and Reconnecting with Oneness and Emptiness. Breathe easily and comfortably.
    Sink weight into right leg, and then step out to the left to shoulder width (1b).
    Gently raise both arms up (1c), palms facing down, to about shoulder height (1d).
    Lower both arms, palms down, to Dan Tien height, and lower knees (1e). The lower Dan Tien is a sphere of energy located a few inches behind and below the level of the navel or belly button; the middle Dan Tien is located in the heart area, and the upper Dan Tien is located behind the eyes in the brain. The most important for Taijiquan is the lower Dan Tien.

these are instructions for beginning the tai chi form. if i took these sentences and put them into one line instructions, and then translated them into chinese; i could tell people they are my kuen kuit. i could tell people they came from my hidden style of wing chun called kumquat wing chun; after the name of the fruit; from the tree that grows in the area; where these practioners hid from the mongolians for three hundred years.

there is a reject in the city i live in; telling his students that he went to china to train with the monks. he is telling them thats where he completed the system. what kind of crap is that? there is no skill that was hidden and now its lost in your wing chun. everything can be learned in any good wing chun school. if the internal aspects are not there, they can be learned in any internal art; be it tai chi, bagua zhang etc...

i asked my sigung about twenty years ago about a certain sifu claiming secret wing chun techniques he said " what he is teaching is advanced techniques, but its nothing special. everything thats been said abomut wing chun has already been said." i guess it sounds better to attract attention, and potential students; tell them you learned from monks and secret societies.

i cant blame people though, i'd much rather take lessons from a sifu who learned from a monk; then a sifu who learned from his cousin in a sweaty hong kong apartment. buyer beware. i leave you with this qoute from king solomon:
    What has been is what will be,
    and what has been done is what will be done,
    and there is nothing new under the sun.

1. This is exactly a good example on importing taiji to wing chun just for " I know it too" sake.

Stand at attention for awhile. In Taiji and Qigong, standing quietly in a meditative posture for awhile is the first phase. Relax (Sung).

Shoulders are down, hands relaxed and gently touching the side of leg, and head is erect. This is the phase of WuJi (empty state), or standing like a tree (Zhan Zhuang), and Reconnecting with Oneness and Emptiness. Breathe easily and comfortably.

How the heck is one relax while sinking weight into leg? It mess up the feet bow. Causing one to be unstable. And thus, tense up the legs, prohibit natural lower abs breathing with ease, and make the mind stress and not quite.
    That is the physical reality.

Btw.
    I don't do taiji,
    but, what is written in the taiji classic is
    " one feather cannot be add"
    to arrive at sung or relax.
    Not sinking weight into leg.

That is why I tell you in my other post , you don't have it , but you don't believe.
    Know your stuffs before trying to get smart is always help.

3. Please Do your homework, develop the skill before prescribe to wcners.
    Otherwise, it is blind leading blind. What good to have lots of opinion on others but oneself can't even handle the basic of ones own art ?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-25-2014 at 11:01 AM.

For wcners who wants to know about Qi , dan tien stuffs.
    Never take what the most so called internal people preach in general, they don't know what they are talking about but generalist. Which can screw you up.

Watch these for the facts in Qi or bio chemical+ bio electrical handling basic in tcma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP2U...=youtube_gdata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VOU...=youtube_gdata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjlu...=youtube_gdata
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-25-2014 at 11:10 AM.

regurgitated

Sink weight into right leg, and then step out to the left to shoulder width (1b). [/B]

How the heck is one relax while sinking weight into leg? It mess up the feet bow. Causing one to be unstable. And thus, tense up the legs, prohibit natural lower abs breathing with ease, and make the mind stress and not quite.
    That is the physical reality.

3. Please Do your homework, develop the skill before prescribe to wcners.

how the heck can you be double weighted and be rooted? do your homework. you would get throw around like a rag doll in a tai chi class.
    the instructions you are giving people is regurgitated internal martial arts material. the only reaon why people are amazed; is because they are wing chun people who have never seen good internal arts. how do you know i dont have the skill? everything you put up i find the equivalent material.
    sincerly, eddie

how the heck can you be double weighted and be rooted? do your homework. you would get throw around like a rag doll in a tai chi class. -------

Who care about the name taiji,

you violate bio mechanics you violate bio mechanic. You can't make it works.

Not to mention,

What double weight?
    Every place has yin yang , as the taiji classic says.
    You are talking Chen Man Chin single leg theory as God's law. Knowing not that is just one of many theory in the reality .

the instructions you are giving people is regurgitated internal martial arts material.-------

I have show you above that you don't even know your taiji stuffs. Not to mention you violate biomechanics.
    I also have told you do know know what I am talking about at all , even you think you know.

the only reaon why people are amazed; is because

they are wing chun people who have never seen good internal arts.

how do you know i dont have the skill? everything you put up i find the equivalent material.--------

Don't insult wcners, you can go to taiji forum and preach as you like but not put down wcners here.

Don't drop those bs " internal art" stuffs. Those are just empty marketing term use to promote oneself.

Anyone has Jin and Qi skill developed can read others in that skill.
    That simple.
    You have been posting ridiculus copy and paste theory and made believe which contradict itself.
    Those who has skill will never do that .

For example:
    You are talking sinking weight to leg to relax. That is violating the very basic skill. Without even know this, your bottom line expose. That simple.

Name droping doesn't work in a scientific wolrd of Wck.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-25-2014 at 11:40 AM.

wrong answer

Name:  chengmanching.jpeg
Views: 240
Size:  5.9 KB
    "You are talking Chen Man Chin single leg theory." yeah your right it doesnt work! it's bio menchanically wrong
    i bet you; you cant do it!
    sincerly, eddie

Name:  chengmanching.jpeg
Views: 240
Size:  5.9 KB
    "You are talking Chen Man Chin single leg theory." yeah your right it doesnt work! it's bio menchanically wrong
    i bet you; you cant do it!

Who care about the taiji demo and name droping?

This is Wck forum.

Take your taiji name droping some where else, will you?

You are exactly the type of person who practice a little taiji and take yourself to be superior then wcners.
    While really doesn't even know what is going on.

But following cookie cutter one size fit all marketing idea , thinking that is the ultimate of the Chinese martial art, while in the same time clueless of violating human biomechanics .

You are clueless on Jin or force flow, but taking a half bake standing relaxing practice idea as Jin development without knowing Jin or force flow is a handling of force vectors and trajectory mechanics. How is standing feeling those sensation as you describe , handling force vectors and trajectory at all? But you don't see it and keep fantasy thinking you know it all .

Please don't insult wcners here. Take your taiji and play some where else.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-25-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Who care about the taiji demo and name droping?

This is Wck forum.

Take your taiji name droping some where else, will you?

You are exactly the type of person who practice a little taiji and take yourself to be superior then wcners.
    While really doesn't even know what is going on.

But following cookie cutter one size fit all marketing idea , thinking that is the ultimate of the Chinese martial art, while in the same time clueless of violating human biomechanics .

You are clueless on Jin or force flow, but taking a half bake standing relaxing practice idea as Jin development without knowing Jin or force flow is a handling of force vectors and trajectory mechanics. How is standing filling those sensation as you describe , handling force vectors and trajectory at all? But you don't see it and keep fantasy thinking you know it all .
    nope, you are wrong i do not know it all. i am in no way superior to the wing chun players here. i never claimed to be. force flow and trajectory mechanics? christ already put it in plain english so normal people can understand, instead of self promoting your self with your made up terminology. and quit playing with wooden dolls and get a training partner!
    sincerly, eddie

nope, you are wrong i do not know it all. i am in no way superior to the wing chun players here. i never claimed to be.

force flow and trajectory mechanics? christ already put it in plain english so normal people can understand, instead of self promoting your self with your made up terminology.

and quit playing with wooden dolls and get a training partner!

Again, don't insult wcners on our woodern dummy training.

As for force flow and force trajectory, sorry wcners doesn't live in your fantasy land where you stand there and have force flow and trajectory develop.

mook jong

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Again, don't insult wcners on our woodern dummy training.

As for force flow and force trajectory, sorry wcners doesn't live in your fantasy land where you stand there and have force flow and trajectory develop.
    i was refering to the wooden dolls in your videos. i own a mook jong. i just beat the living crap out of it, cause i dont know how to use it.i lost the document that told me how to do it right. ( wasn't that the greastest american hero? lost the instructions?)
    sincerly, eddie

i asked my sigung about twenty years ago about a certain sifu claiming secret wing chun techniques he said " what he is teaching is advanced techniques, but its nothing special. everything thats been said about wing chun has already been said." i guess it sounds better to attract attention, and potential students; tell them you learned from monks and secret societies.

Monks are not on my list of teachers , while sweaty HK apartment sounds like good place for training . Every time when someone offer a "secret" , "original" ,"family only" ect. style I know that doesn't worth a sh.t . It is in human nature to be competitive , at last for people who never matured completely or have some other issues . But here is the thing in kung fu , people like to believe that they are better just because they are involved in some "secret" or whatever style . They want to be better , but without any hard work , like the style it self makes them better . That is an utter bull sh.t and they are aware of that , that is why they desperately search recognition and approval from others all over the internet. Also , a lot of people in order to make their styles "unique" invented complicated terminology and theories to explain very simple things . Like you said , there is no secrets , only hard work and good understanding of what someone wants to achieve through training . About our friend here , I will take him seriously if he can for start, demonstrate 50 push ups .

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    monks are not on my list of teachers , while sweaty hk apartment sounds like good place for training . Every time when someone offer a "secret" , "original" ,"family only" ect. Style i know that doesn't worth a sh.t . It is in human nature to be competitive , at last for people who never matured completely or have some other issues . But here is the thing in kung fu , people like to believe that they are better just because they are involved in some "secret" or whatever style . They want to be better , but without any hard work , like the style it self makes them better . That is an utter bull sh.t and they are aware of that , that is why they desperately search recognition and approval from others all over the internet. Also , a lot of people in order to make their styles "unique" invented complicated terminology and theories to explain very simple things . Like you said , there is no secrets , only hard work and good understanding of what someone wants to achieve through training . About our friend here , i will take him seriously if he can for start, demonstrate 50 push ups .
    :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
    sincerly, eddie