Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bruce Lee Memorabilia auctions

continued from previous post

After Lee moved to Hong Kong, February 28, 1972:

...Still am in the process of adapting to life here. By the way, what is the advice on the possibility of shipping some coke to me? Drop me a line on that.

Planning the orders and shipment of various drugs, along with a firearm, from late 1972:

(A) Regarding the goods — you can send them in a package addressed to Mr. Wu Ngan c/o Golden Harvest Studio, 1412 Tung Ying Building 100 Nathan Rd.

The goodies list can be (1) COKE (in large amount) (2) ACID (in fair amount) (3) HASH OR GRASS (the former can be more while the latter, even cleaned, has to be carefully packed. As to what you put the above with you know better — inside books? Clothings? —

(B) Also, when I come I would like to have more goodies ready for shipping including finding me a really classy derringer — from shops, collection, or what not. Also, find me a cowboy holster for my 45 fast draw — all these when I come but not for your sending me right away.

So send (A) request right away ... they might open for brief inspection or they might not — but play it safe. As for the total cost, let me know and I’ll send you the money order by air mail right away.

P.S. Do you have access to any PSILOCYBIN. If so send a little together with info on how to take it. Read about it in a book.

From Linda Lee, October 5, 1972:

I just want to check with you about the second shipment. We thought you probably would have sent it already, but it has not arrived. Hope nothing has happened to it in the mail. Please confirm if you have sent it or not. In regards to the money, I’ll send as soon as I can get to the bank to buy a money order.

November 22, 1972:

...One thing you have to do is to air-mail me some fine “C” if you can swing it.

December 11, 1972:

Air-mail me some Coca-Cola — do it the way you and I sincerely feel — in other word, whatever. Be cool about the package. Same procedure, Wu Ngan — “quality! man”

Date illegible, late 1972:

“Cooly” send some Coke — How’s everything? Stoned as hell, but am working on the upcoming character. Some coke would help in the formation and [illegible] I want to create.

Another order after Baker’s “friend” supposedly got “busted” in 1973:

Deep regret for your friend being busted

RUSH the sparkle “quality” LOTS!”

By now you should have received my money order, though I feel that it might be a slight delay because of your friend’s situation. I hope you will send me the “quality” stuff you said you will send (“it has never been from the street”). In the mean time I’m getting a “quality” spoon and [illegible] scale. Do send it “air-mail” like yesterday (ha! ha!)

March 21, 1973:

Just want you to know that Linda had yesterday send the ADDITIONAL money you have requested. I had a hard day, a REAL HARD day. You take good care of yourself and your family. By the way, I’ll be waiting for the 1 oz of H. oil I have ordered from you — send it as soon as you can.

From Linda Lee, March 29, 1973:

Dear Bob and Bev, For past favors and for being a good friend. Hope this small amount helps a little.

From Linda Lee, March 30, 1973:

Received your four letters. Bruce is in the midst of shooting — working very hard.

Well, forget about your making some money out of the last orders. I’ve bought a gram measurer and enclosed you will find the $500 for the amount of C you quote that Bruce can get. I’ll measure it but the quality (that goes without saying) plus the quantity Bruce himself will have to judge. I hope you will send him the mostest along with the one oz of H. oil and/or whatever.

From Linda Lee, April 16, 1973:

Dear Bob, Its been quite a while since you’ve written. I assume you have received the money order for $500 and I am wondering if you have sent the C yet. Please let me know right away because if you did not receive the money order, then I will have to talk to the bank to put a tracer on it.

How are you all doing? We hope things are straightening out for you. Say thanks to Bev for taking the risk and sending the last shipment to Bruce. Don’t worry about Bruce using the C — he is not going overboard.

Write very soon and let us know about the $500 money order and/or when the C is coming.

“Don’t worry about Bruce using the C — he is not going overboard”
    On May 10, 1973, less than a month after that letter signed by Linda, Bruce Lee collapsed. He suffered seizures and headaches, and was diagnosed with cerebral edema. While the reports and circumstances leading to his death were conflicting, more headaches and brain swelling happened again two months later. Lee passed away on July 20, 1973, at just 32-years-old.

In the years following his death, letters show that Linda still tried to keep in touch with Bev and Bob Baker. The latest from this collection being sold is from January 16, 1975.

“After living with Bruce for so long, I certainly have the strength and determination to keep going, as well as the ability to take life as it comes,” Linda wrote. “Like Bruce used to say — turn those stumbling blocks into stepping stones!”

Baker reportedly died by heart attack in 1993, at age 52.
    threads
    Bruce-Lee-A-Life-by-Matt-Polly
    Bruce-Lee-Memorablia-auctions
    bruce-lee-and-marijuana!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Bruce Lee striking shield: $22,981-34,472.

Sep 27, 2022 1:00am PT
    James Bond, Harry Potter, Superman, Star Wars, Wonder Woman, Batman, Bruce Lee Memorabilia to be Auctioned in London

By Naman Ramachandran

Propstore

Propstore has revealed details of its annual live action auction of film and TV memorabilia, with the items on offer expected to fetch in excess of $12.6 million.

Over 1,500 lots will be sold during the auction. Top items to be sold at the auction – with estimated sale prices – include:

• Superman’s (Christopher Reeve) complete costume from the Superman franchise (1978-1987): $287,270-574,540.

• Darth Vader’s (Dave Prowse) gloves from “Star Wars: A New Hope” (1977): $172,362-287,270.

• Full size animatronic Johnny 5 robot from “Short Circuit” (1986): $138,546- 207,819.

• First edition hardback book of “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” (2001): $114,908-172,362.

• Andy Dufresne’s (Tim Robbins) Rockhammer Bible from “The Shawshank Redemption” (1994): $114,908-172,362.

• James Bond’s (Sean Connery) Little Nellie Pilot helmet from “You Only Live Twice” (1967): $68,944-114,908.

• Fraggle puppet from “Fraggle Rock” TV series (1983-1987): $45,963-68,944.

• Jason Voorhees’ (C.J. Graham) hero hockey mask from “Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives” (1986): $45,963-68,944.

• Commodus’ (Joaquin Phoenix) Rome Chariot from “Gladiator” (2000): $45,963-68,944.

• Yoda’s Jedi Robes from “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace” (1999): $45,963- 68,944.

• Harry Potter’s (Daniel Radcliffe) hero wand from “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” (2001): $22,981-34,472.

• Bruce Lee striking shield: $22,981-34,472.

• The Grinch’s (Jim Carrey) light-up full size sleigh from “How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) $22,981-34,472.

• Victoria’s (Emily Blunt) George IV state diadem coronation crown from “The Young Victoria (2009): $22,981-34,472).

• Wonder Woman’s (Gal Gadot) Tiara from “Wonder Woman” (2017): $17,236-22,981.

• Doctor Strange’s (Benedict Cumberbatch) sling ring from “Doctor Strange” (2016): $11,490-17,236.

• Batman’s (Robert Pattinson) batarang from “The Batman (2022): $11,490-17,236.

A number of Doctor Who props will also be going to auction, with a percentage of the final hammer price benefitting BBC Children in Need.

Propstore will hold a preview exhibition at their office facility in Hertfordshire, U.K. Oct. 4- Nov. 2, featuring some 130 lots. The live auction will take place Nov. 3-6 at BAFTA in London, as well as online or via telephone for global bidding.

Stephen Lane, Propstore CEO, said: “Following our Los Angeles entertainment memorabilia live auction in June, which saw some of our best ever auction results, we’re thrilled to be back again with another incredible sale. Featuring a collection over 1,500 lots, we have an amazing array of content, ranging from Fraggle Rock to Friday the 13th – there really is something for everyone.”
    Curious to see what that striking shield looks like...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart