Thread: What Kind of Kung Fu did The Manchu or The Ching practice ?

What Kind of Kung Fu did The Manchu or The Ching practice ?

Trying to figure out what kind of kung fu they learned some people said Tibetean kung fu or Ba Gua .

Based on where they were boarded, there were elements of Longfist routines as Zhaquan and folk arts of their respective villages!
    Of course, shuaijiao and wrestling type activities!

I see what you guys are saying . so they used the Chinese Wrestling and Long fist kung Fu and Military type fighting with swords arrows , spears ,axs to beat the Ming Armys in battle and defeated the Ming and made the Ching Dynasty . I just wondered what kind of Kung Fu the Ching new we just dont here much about there Kung Fu Arts .

Three kinds of martial arts, very similar to Mongols: Archery, Horsemanship, and Wrestling. This tradition continues to this day.

The Man were able to defeat the Ming for several reasons, none includes what kung fu they use. Battles were won based largely on the quality and number of artillery one's army could field.
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk4 View Post
    I see what you guys are saying . so they used the Chinese Wrestling and Long fist kung Fu and Military type fighting with swords arrows , spears ,axs to beat the Ming Armys in battle and defeated the Ming and made the Ching Dynasty . I just wondered what kind of Kung Fu the Ching new we just dont here much about there Kung Fu Arts .
    The Ming dynasty had fallen before the Qing dynasty took over China. The last Ming emperor and his immediate family died when Li Zicheng's rebel army seized Beijing and founded the short lived Shun dynasty.
    Faced with this the Imperial army under Wu Sangui invited the Manchu into China and allied with them against Li Zicheng (according to tradition because Li had kidnapped his girlfriend). The combined army defeated the Shun at the battle of Shanhai Pass and the Qing were established as rulers of China. A few Ming princes in the south rebelled (the strongest claim was held by the Emperor's father's cousin), but they were suppressed by the Imperial Chinese army which would have had both Chinese and Manchurian troops.
    The idea that the Manchu armies and the Imperial Chinese army were separate entities in the suppression of revolts is false, and if you think about it unlikely. Certainly within a generation the Manchus were effectively Chinese.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk