Stand at attention for awhile. In Taiji and Qigong, standing quietly in a meditative posture for awhile is the first phase. Relax (Sung). Shoulders are down, hands relaxed and gently touching the side of leg, and head is erect. This is the phase of WuJi (empty state), or standing like a tree (Zhan Zhuang), and Reconnecting with Oneness and Emptiness. Breathe easily and comfortably.
Sink weight into right leg, and then step out to the left to shoulder width (1b).
Gently raise both arms up (1c), palms facing down, to about shoulder height (1d).
Lower both arms, palms down, to Dan Tien height, and lower knees (1e). The lower Dan Tien is a sphere of energy located a few inches behind and below the level of the navel or belly button; the middle Dan Tien is located in the heart area, and the upper Dan Tien is located behind the eyes in the brain. The most important for Taijiquan is the lower Dan Tien.

these are instructions for beginning the tai chi form. if i took these sentences and put them into one line instructions, and then translated them into chinese; i could tell people they are my kuen kuit. i could tell people they came from my hidden style of wing chun called kumquat wing chun; after the name of the fruit; from the tree that grows in the area; where these practioners hid from the mongolians for three hundred years.

there is a reject in the city i live in; telling his students that he went to china to train with the monks. he is telling them thats where he completed the system. what kind of crap is that? there is no skill that was hidden and now its lost in your wing chun. everything can be learned in any good wing chun school. if the internal aspects are not there, they can be learned in any internal art; be it tai chi, bagua zhang etc...

i asked my sigung about twenty years ago about a certain sifu claiming secret wing chun techniques he said " what he is teaching is advanced techniques, but its nothing special. everything thats been said about wing chun has already been said." i guess it sounds better to attract attention, and potential students; tell them you learned from monks and secret societies.

i cant blame people though, i'd much rather take lessons from a sifu who learned from a monk; then a sifu who learned from his cousin in a sweaty hong kong apartment. buyer beware. i leave you with this qoute from king solomon:
What has been is what will be,
and what has been done is what will be done,
and there is nothing new under the sun.