Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A well made wck history video from china

A well made wck history video from china

This is a great video !

http://youtu.be/JsDR5oH-4Y4

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    This is a great video! http://youtu.be/JsDR5oH-4Y4
    I saw in the credits Rene Richie's name mentioned. Is that for work he's contributed in the past, or did he help out recently? I still find myself picking up his Complete Wing Chun book.

There is nothing about Wing Chun in this video ( aside wrong and incomplete interpretation ). I will make some wing chun "history" when I find some time to visit couple of old temples and museums here

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT.. View Post
    I saw in the credits Rene Richie's name mentioned. Is that for work he's contributed in the past, or did he help out recently? I still find myself picking up his Complete Wing Chun book.
    It is part based on Rene, Robert, and mine article decades ago.

Around 2000, now many wcners have went to china to search out and bring the infor to us.

The following video is the connection to yik kam of red boat and Wck in 1848,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV72...e_gdata_player

Kleber style is very similar to Rene. He is a great researcher.

The following is his post in Facebook this morning

"The reason why I created this series of videos is because many people are guessing the history based on their own ideas. I thought was nice to base our history on the fact and documents we know as today Hendrik, cause I love the art and I also know that is easy to be led on the wrong direction, especially when it comes to Chinese kung fu, cause all the styles base their history on legends or fairytales, or try to link their origins to famous or fictional characters.

We know for a fact nowadays that Wing Chun come from Fujian White Crane and Emei 12 zhuang, and video documentation to prove this is coming very soon "

Btw,

The Taiping heavenly kingdom army was train by Choy Lee Fut.

Yik kam and The Cho family involved with the taiping uprising , Choy Lee Fut , and the anti Qing heaven and earth association.

The kuit of the half point of the six point half pole of the yik kam Wck of cho family says:

Half point center line pole settle the TaiPing.

Which is echo to the last kuit of the SLT or the salutation which says

Sword finger bong elbow presents to the Hero

We do know what exist will leave a trace.

Thus, thanks for the Cho family ancestors to protect and keep these data, it is a very important data points of 1848 for Wck history and DNA.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-29-2014 at 09:41 AM.

documentation... interesting. does someone have a video tape of someone performing wing chun in 1850? 1848, 1890?
    sincerly, eddie

turn on my snake engine

i need to turn on my snake engine, and wiggle my snake lol
    sincerly, eddie

i watched the history channel the other day, and now i know what technique george washington used to chop down the cherry tree! oh wait...that story was made up!
    sincerly, eddie

Thanks for the links Hendrik.

Quote Originally Posted by deejaye72 View Post
    [said some stuff]
    Look, there is just no need for posts such as the ones you provide. They do your character a disservice. If you don't agree with Hendrik just say so and leave it at, no need for the jibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Look, there is just no need for posts such as the ones you provide. They do your character a disservice. If you don't agree with Hendrik just say so and leave it at, no need for the jibes.
    but okay for him to do it to me. thats different. are you a student? do you have video footage of this wing chun from the 1800's?
    sincerly, eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    Thanks for the links Hendrik.
    You are welcome!

More will come, many indepent researchers have done research from different location .

Kleber is from WSL , Wan Kam Leung lineage, working with many party of wcners including Wing Chun illustrate.

It is great that he brough us to different locations in china to show us.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-29-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    This is a great video !

http://youtu.be/JsDR5oH-4Y4
    Cool video about the Taiping rebellion! Thanks for sharing! Doesn't really say anything about Wing Chun though.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    Cool video about the Taiping rebellion! Thanks for sharing! Doesn't really say anything about Wing Chun though.

IMHO,

One can see what happen on that era, weapon such as the long pole they use and the scope of the war, also how red boat involve with all of these.

As above, we know from yik kam data point, red boat Wck is involve with taiping.

So, there is no shao Lin in that era but anti qing.

As in the Map, From red boat opera Lee Man Mau is the leader at the national level.
    Lee man mau is from Hok San or ku lo area.
    In one of the hung mun book found, Leung LAN Kwai name was address, as nick name NG Mui. Later fleet after the uprising lost. We know Leung LAN Kwai is hung mun member , and these people are from kulo area.

With the following evidence
    http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...71#post1266671

We can see what is likely to happen.

This is also a way of verify the yik kam kuit documents . To see does things match up

There is no tan sau NG or other name mention .
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-29-2014 at 06:22 PM.