Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Old School" WC and "New School" WC...

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    My point obviously went way over your head, as well as the topic of this thread.

Your skill argument has nothing to do with what I said, and sounds suspiciously just like the silly non-topic, skipping record statements that came from another 't' here a while back. I think you need to change it up a bit, it's becoming a little too obvious.
    I got your point that you think the principles don't change so they are to you written in stone I guess and you compare them to the laws of physics.

I do not agree with you that's all. I do not see wing chun as dependent at all on principles or concepts, these are just helpful ideas to aid us in developing the skill. It's the skill we are after right?

I am sorry you do not see that skill does not depend on concepts or principles.

charlatan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es13...Ln2o769H3mFfZg

i was about to give up with this reject until i saw this. at .55 in the video sifu sergio demonstrates a tai chi dead palm! something my father taught to me from cheng man ching tai chi! at 1:14 in the video he does a shoulder rolling exercise again taught to me by my father from cheng man ching tai chi! then at 2:51 he demonstrates wing chun structure test! no man alive can push you back if you are under his elbows!!! hendrik did you teach this man this?? i almost fell out of my chair you my friend are a charlatan! you should be ashamed of your self for lying to people! i hope everyone dis owns for this! lmfao
    sincerly, eddie

Name:  facewemake.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  33.3 KB

whats the matter cats got your tongue? *******
    sincerly, eddie

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    You can comment on anything you like but what do you know of boxing? You don't box and never trained as a boxer and so have no real understanding of what goes into boxing why it works or how things work to even begin to have a valid idea of why things have changed. You may have read some books or articles that you have no background to really assess and seen some boxing on tv once in a while. Do you think that background gives you insight into boxing and it's evolution?

I am sorry but anyone can have an opinion. I am just saying you do not have an educated or informed opinion.

You know so much about boxing in fact you ask if every ring announcer needs to be a seasoned boxer! Do you know what a ring announcer does? He only introduces the fighters. That is so very very funny.
    Twen, you are SO full of yourself! You trot out the same old mantra every time. How do you know how much I know about boxing? I've studied and practiced the "old school" boxing. Have you? I've read the histories and studied the old time manuals. Have you? I was commenting on the HISTORY. How much do you actually know about history?

You're right though. Anyone can have an opinion. And anyone can prove themselves to be a complete d!ck by criticising someone else just for expressing their opinion.

The only thing that is better old than new is brandy , everything else , well , put it this way , what is better , 20 years old girl or 80 years old "girl", Ford model T or new BMW , AK 47 or old bolt action one bullet rifle , fresh bread or one week old bread , would you like to be treated by the doctor with a knowledge of 19th Century or someone who is practicing modern medicine , ect . Like I said , things evolve over time , adapt and become better or die out , that is law of nature .

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    The answers will vary greatly depending on the weirdo the question is posed to. There's a lot of strange ducks out there that are into some depraved sh!t.
    Since English is not my first language I am not sure are you saying I am deprived weirdo or you are talking about someone else , Please be clear about that so I can give you a proper answer .

I got your point that you think the principles don't change so they are to you written in stone I guess and you compare them to the laws of physics.

I do not agree with you that's all. I do not see wing chun as dependent at all on principles or concepts, these are just helpful ideas to aid us in developing the skill. It's the skill we are after right?

I am sorry you do not see that skill does not depend on concepts or principles.
    Whatever 'T'. Nice twisting of words and putting words in my mouth. Your baseless conclusions only make you sound as silly as the 'T' in my signature. You should read the post in my sig. The similarities to how you and that 'T' argue, the broken record repeating of the same mantras, as well as the inconsistent logic and word twisting lawyer speak is all very inTEREsting

BTW, skill can be gained from, and should be the focus of, any art. It's the concepts/principles that make the wing chun system what it is, regardless the 'skill' of the practitioner. They are the very foundation that drives what we do in application, not just some guidelines to help you train.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 04-29-2014 at 08:46 AM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    There's a lot of strange ducks out there that are into some depraved sh!t.
    Sh!t, so some of you do know who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    The only thing that is better old than new is brandy , everything else , well , put it this way , what is better , 20 years old girl or 80 years old "girl", Ford model T or new BMW , AK 47 or old bolt action one bullet rifle , fresh bread or one week old bread , would you like to be treated by the doctor with a knowledge of 19th Century or someone who is practicing modern medicine , ect . Like I said , things evolve over time , adapt and become better or die out , that is law of nature .
    New or evolved isn't always better. When talking MA's, many times people strip things out, add things, etc (or didn't have it all to begin with) and call it 'new' or 'evolved', when in reality it's original nature is lost and it can be devolved & watered down from what it once was. So not always do thing evolve and 'become better' - sometimes just the opposite.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

New or evolved isn't always better. When talking MA's, many times people strip things out, add things, etc (or didn't have it all to begin with) and call it 'new' or 'evolved', when in reality it's original nature is lost and it can be devolved & watered down from what it once was. So not always do thing evolve and 'become better' - sometimes just the opposite.
    Evolution means progress in a positive way . There is of course a reverse process , devolution where things are progressing in a wrong direction and instead to become better , they become worst . In this case , in nature and analogy can used in any biological or social , technical ect process , devolved things will eventually die out , that is how selection works , only the most adapted ones , with best results will survive. One more thing , simplification is not necessarily bad thing , actually , simple things have less chance to go wrong . For example , why is AK 47 ( and other versions) the most used weapon on the world ? Because it is the simplest one ,and not only in the matter of mechanics , where it is extremely simple and easy to maintain . It is easy to use , you can teach someone how to use and maintain AK 47 in 15 minutes. Also it covers most of the tactical requirements for an assault rifle and it is adaptable for large numbers of situation, climate conditions and terrains , simply works everywhere without problems and it has enough stopping power . Simple is often equal to reliable .

Whatever 'T'. Nice twisting of words and putting words in my mouth. Your baseless conclusions only make you sound as silly as the 'T' in my signature. You should read the post in my sig. The similarities to how you and that 'T' argue, the broken record repeating of the same mantras, as well as the inconsistent logic and word twisting lawyer speak is all very inTEREsting

BTW, skill can be gained from, and should be the focus of, any art. It's the concepts/principles that make the wing chun system what it is, regardless the 'skill' of the practitioner. They are the very foundation that drives what we do in application, not just some guidelines to help you train.
    Again I am sorry you asked if if I got your point so I was saying what I thought your point was. If I was wrong you could explain how.

I am glad we agree that skill is the goal. Why do you think concepts are the foundation? Why do you think the concepts make wing chun what it is?

I could say whatever Kev. K would say how he had the right thinking about wing chun isn't that just another way of talking about concepts and principles? To put it another way isn't that just saying you know how wing chun should be done even when you cannot do it? K could never tell me why then so many with the wrong thinking could soundly beat him and why the the guys with the right thinking weren't beating everyone. To me this just shows that there are many different ways to think about or do wing chun not one right way.

In boxing it is what you can do that matters not your thinking about it. That's where I come from Kev lol.

Again I am sorry you asked if if I got your point so I was saying what I thought your point was. If I was wrong you could explain how.

I am glad we agree that skill is the goal. Why do you think concepts are the foundation? Why do you think the concepts make wing chun what it is?

I could say whatever Kev. K would say how he had the right thinking about wing chun isn't that just another way of talking about concepts and principles? To put it another way isn't that just saying you know how wing chun should be done even when you cannot do it? K could never tell me why then so many with the wrong thinking could soundly beat him and why the the guys with the right thinking weren't beating everyone. To me this just shows that there are many different ways to think about or do wing chun not one right way.

In boxing it is what you can do that matters not your thinking about it. That's where I come from Kev lol.
    See, that's a much better job 't'! You don't sound nearly as similar as the other now-banned 'T' in this post as you've been sounding lately in a lot of your other more-recent mantra-repeating, broken record playing, skill-based, lawyer speak posts - good job! Although there are several on here that aren't buying the act, at least you're getting a little better at it in this post. Keep up the bad work!

And you can call me whatever you want, but my actual name is Jonathan and is why I use my initials in my sig (JP) and yes, I'm from Arizona (AZ). I have nothing to hide. BTW, what's your name and where are you from again?
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 05-02-2014 at 07:47 AM.