Thread: how long have you been with your sifu

how long have you been with your sifu

how many years have you spent with your sifu? mine is a long story, started when i was learning to walk, literally. started siu nim tao when i was 7 or 8? 1979/80 it was so long ago i cant remember exactly. my father told me recently, " you should get some students and teach" i said " i'll think about it". so how long have you been with your sifu?
    sincerly, eddie

Several years , but that was too long . And I do not have a sifu , I can only have an instructor . My point is , everything longer than 4-5 years is too much . I mean , you can finish university for that amount of time and kung fu is not quantum mechanics ( or maybe it is according to some "secret" styles ) , it is mostly physical exercise . For serious practitioner that is enough time to learn any kung fu system ( to learn , not to master ) .

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    Several years , but that was too long . And I do not have a sifu , I can only have an instructor . My point is , everything longer than 4-5 years is too much . I mean , you can finish university for that amount of time and kung fu is not quantum mechanics ( or maybe it is according to some "secret" styles ) , it is mostly physical exercise . For serious practitioner that is enough time to learn any kung fu system ( to learn , not to master ) .
    oh i agree. my post was more from a traditional sense. i have that in my training too lol. you are right. it should take three to 5 years to learn. a lifetime to master
    sincerly, eddie

Quote Originally Posted by deejaye72 View Post
    oh i agree. my post was more from a traditional sense. i have that in my training too lol. you are right. it should take three to 5 years to learn. a lifetime to master
    Since I am not Chinese I do not follow nor I completely understand Chinese tradition and a way of thinking . For me kung fu is something I like to do in my free time , that is all

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    Since I am not Chinese I do not follow nor I completely understand Chinese tradition and a way of thinking . For me kung fu is something I like to do in my free time , that is all
    if you like doing it in your spare time, and you enjoy it. thats all that matters
    sincerly, eddie