Thread: Lastest video from Sifu Sergio

Lastest video from Sifu Sergio

Lastest video from Sifu Sergio - some interesting work going on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es13...Ln2o769H3mFfZg

Anyone here train similar things in their WC/VT/WT?

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT.. View Post

Yes very much so. Sergio Sifu has the right direction and good skills

It's interesting work for sure. I train with one of the guys in the video, so it's been interesting to have a little exposure. Similarities and differences to what I learn.

Did you have the chance to meet with Sergio? I haven't yet - but something tells me its on the cards

Quote Originally Posted by BPWT.. View Post

Not even close , in my WC/VT/WT we do not touch fat girl's breasts , ever

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    hahaha! thats so funny, you guys kill me sometimes lol
    sincerly, eddie

Quote Originally Posted by zuti car View Post
    Gee, we do

stop

stop! glen i'm not kidding zuti car had me giggling over that one for a half hour
    sincerly, eddie

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Gee, we do
    Can I join your school
    Last edited by zuti car; 04-30-2014 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    Wow seriously? This is just basic sensitivity training. I've practiced this from day one in Pak Hok Pai, Tai Chi and Wing Chun. Nothing new, secret or advanced. Old sh!t with a new spin. Maybe they ought to try it with a little more force, resistance, aggression and a more stable stance. Guarantee the results will be less dramatic and much more realistic.

I'm not saying it's useless, it's sound conceptually, just that it was presented in an overly dramatic way.
    I agree with you Dave. Sergio is showing good use of structure/mechanics. Nothing earth-shattering here or particularly "internal" here. But then, I've always figure all the "internal" stuff was just good biomechanics anyway without resorting to "chi flow." He is unnecessarily dramatic at times. But I guess showmanship helps make the point. And it is a little "snake oil-like" when you have a student pushing you on the shoulders and you aren't moved because you can roll it off, but then you push right into the student's center so that he IS moved! Or you have a student pressing on your hip with the palm of his hands and he can't collapse you, then you stab into his hip with your fingertip (more painful, more focused force) to show how much weaker he is than you. So while I think the basic message is good, the delivery was a bit over the top. But that's just my opinion!

There is good stuff here though. Sergio shows good structural control. A lot of that is because he never has his weight back on his heels and he is sinking his center forward. But isn't that what all good WCK is supposed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by KPM View Post
    I agree with you Dave. Sergio is showing good use of structure/mechanics. Nothing earth-shattering here or particularly "internal" here. But then, I've always figure all the "internal" stuff was just good biomechanics anyway without resorting to "chi flow." He is unnecessarily dramatic at times. But I guess showmanship helps make the point. And it is a little "snake oil-like" when you have a student pushing you on the shoulders and you aren't moved because you can roll it off, but then you push right into the student's center so that he IS moved! Or you have a student pressing on your hip with the palm of his hands and he can't collapse you, then you stab into his hip with your fingertip (more painful, more focused force) to show how much weaker he is than you. So while I think the basic message is good, the delivery was a bit over the top. But that's just my opinion!

There is good stuff here though. Sergio shows good structural control. A lot of that is because he never has his weight back on his heels and he is sinking his center forward. But isn't that what all good WCK is supposed to do?
    you can have all the seven bows you want, you still have to worry about getting hit. you still have to bridge thru long fist range. i want to see him doing that stuff in full contact with a fully resisting opponent.
    sincerly, eddie

Quote Originally Posted by deejaye72 View Post
    ...I want to see him doing that stuff in full contact with a fully resisting opponent.
    Me too! That would be much more fun to watch.
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Looks like a combo of training ideas from tai chi and Systema. Nothing remarkable. Would be remarkable if his partner had gloves on and was allowed to move his feet rather than standing still,

Although I do like his yellow trainers...